X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 151,121 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I still feel numb.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

SpaceMarines

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

FEEL THE UN-NUMBNESS FLOW THROUGH YOU!

SpaceMarines

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I want to see more of Remedy's game.

Love those guys.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Just when you thought Microsoft's publicity couldn't get any worse... they've filed a new patent for Kinect to monitor you while playing music (and I think movies), so that if you're playing it to too many people, the MPAA will be notified and you'll have to buy a special licence.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/139706-microsofts-new-kinect-patent-goes-big-brother-will-spy-on-you-for-the-mpaa

Funny that I just spotted this after listening to Rage Against The Machine for the first time in years. MS, apparently, wants to be Big Brother.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Vertigo on May 23, 2013, 09:29:46 PM
Just when you thought Microsoft's publicity couldn't get any worse... they've filed a new patent for Kinect to monitor you while playing music (and I think movies), so that if you're playing it to too many people, the MPAA will be notified and you'll have to buy a special licence.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/139706-microsofts-new-kinect-patent-goes-big-brother-will-spy-on-you-for-the-mpaa

Funny that I just spotted this after listening to Rage Against The Machine for the first time in years. MS, apparently, wants to be Big Brother.
If true... I have no words...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

They are essentially just sitting back twirling their mustaches at this point.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

I'll probably eventually buy it.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Very likely nothing will come of it for a number of reasons, but the fact they're even trying to push such a concept is deeply unsettling.

Did I read correctly that the new Xbox won't function without Kinect? Let's put aside my apparently being a Nazi (nice :-\), if you're still determined to stick with consoles, you might want to hold on to that 360, or go for a PS4/Wii.

Raku

Raku

I might be blindly optimistic here, but that article is from November, and there is no way they can...

Forget it, every other horrible rumour about the XBone is true so why wouldn't Microsoft be evil enough to do this movie/music overcharge stuff either?

Quote from: Vertigo on May 23, 2013, 09:49:31 PMDid I read correctly that the new Xbox won't function without Kinect? Let's put aside my apparently being a Nazi (nice :-\), if you're still determined to stick with consoles, you might want to hold on to that 360, or go for a PS4/Wii.
I don't know if I'm going to ever get a Wii U, but I will be keeping my 360 like I kept my PS2, and I will be getting a PS4.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I feel like... this is too villainous to be legitimate.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

you gotta be kidding me...do they seriously want the Xbox brand to die that badly?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 23, 2013, 10:40:58 PM

I feel like... this is too villainous to be legitimate.

At this point, it most likely is legitimate.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed