Should money determine the value of your life?

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 18, 2008, 11:58:24 AM

Author
Should money determine the value of your life? (Read 4,056 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I've been thinking about this for a while. Do you think the price you pay for a service should determine the value of your life on that service?

Edit: f**k! Can someone move this since I post this in the wrong fourm by mistake!

maledoro

x-M-x

Quote from: maledoro on Dec 18, 2008, 12:14:54 PM
Example?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/maledoro/Elves/huh.gif

That all operations and treatment should be free....  you should never have to pay for anything that could save your life.... when it comes to treament, why should we pay for operations to save our life??? and so on blah blah all that crap i think ?

::)

Still tho.....

DoomRulz

Gotta love free medical care ;D

Porkus Maximus

Quote from: x-M-x on Dec 18, 2008, 03:36:53 PM
Example?

That all operations and treatment should be free....  you should never have to pay for anything that could save your life.... when it comes to treament, why should we pay for operations to save our life??? and so on blah blah all that crap i think ?

Still tho.....

What about drug abusers?  Or smokers?  Or other people who do other life threatening, retarded stuff?  Should a smoker be given free medical treatment to save them from lung cancer?  Should an alcoholic be given free medical treatment to replace a diseased liver?

I don't think they should.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Dec 18, 2008, 05:38:38 PM
Example?

Still tho.....

What about drug abusers?  Or smokers?  Or other people who do other life threatening, retarded stuff?  Should a smoker be given free medical treatment to save them from lung cancer?  Should an alcoholic be given free medical treatment to replace a diseased liver?

I get what you mean and you're right in a way, but since I'm a smoker i have to disagree.   ;D

x-M-x

oh yes... smokers and drug users...  either pay for the treament or just simply die....

there own damn fault...

but a clean and healthy person who all of a sudden get's cancer? then should be free for treament

dont you agree??

DoomRulz

What about them?

They're still human beings, and they are still entitled to proper health care. Just b/c they made a bad decision doesn't make them any less worthy of treatment.

CELTICPRED

Back with your other account for one day and you've already put up 2 new threads?

Can't you go boost your post count on some other forum and spare us?

maledoro

That all operations and treatment should be free....  you should never have to pay for anything that could save your life....
Yes.

Should those people receive treatments to ween them of their addictions? Yes. If doctors were treating people to get them off of heroin, it would be safer to give them medical grade heroin than to trust the guy on the corner. If there was a charge, it would be far cheaper than on the street. Not to mention that the patient isn't going to be a repeat customer as his dosage is going to be cut down each time he visits the doctor.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Example?

Sorry I made this topic before I went to school and I did not had the time to post anything. I think  Money should determine your value of life because you earned it.

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Dec 18, 2008, 06:36:21 PM
Back with your other account for one day and you've already put up 2 new threads?

Can't you go boost your post count on some other forum and spare us?

Are you talking to me?

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

No, money should never determine the value of human life. ¡Viva la medicina socializada!

gameoverman

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Dec 18, 2008, 08:20:49 PM
Sorry I made this topic before I went to school and I did not had the time to post anything. I think  Money should determine your value of life because you earned it.

Money is only cheap plastic/paper/metal.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I do think it should be equal but, at the same time people you have work hard all their life to earn good mney deserve more money  than people that haven't bothered to do a lot.

Eidotemit

You have people born into money, celebrities, sports stars, and a lucky few entrepreneurs. Not many of the people who control a great deal of the wealth actually worked very hard to get it (not to say that there aren't some who do). The hardest working people don't make a lot of money.

Money isn't even a good indicator of your importance to society. A teacher is much more important than a baseball player, and certainly works harder for their money, yet makes a fraction of what the sports star makes.

Is a construction worker raising a family, less valuable than a young bachelor CFO?

There should never be a reason why someone dies of a preventable/curable ailment because they don't have the money.

There is a great deal more to life than money.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed