Recent posts

AvP Galaxy News / Re: What Is Canon & Should We ...
Last post by Slutty Badger - Yesterday at 01:36:25 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Yesterday at 11:36:11 AMWell to my understanding its currently the films and Isolation, so there was some form of overarching canon. Not sure on the defiance comics anymore though but I don't have a problem with that really considering that they just decided to milk Isolation and Amanda for all its worth.

Defiance is Level 2, so it's currently canon.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Lord of the Rings - Amazon...
Last post by ace3g - Yesterday at 01:31:54 PM

Predator Films / Re: Dan Trachtenberg To Direct...
Last post by Wysps - Yesterday at 01:07:01 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Yesterday at 11:45:53 AMI'm 50/50 on the fact that he's directing it, but I am 100% excited about the project in itself.
I'm all for more Predator content, regardless of who it's coming from  :laugh: So long as it inspires more content and more fans.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2...
Last post by ace3g - Yesterday at 12:42:56 PM
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Alex Cross
Last post by ace3g - Yesterday at 12:41:35 PM
AvP Galaxy News / Re: What Is Canon & Should We ...
Last post by bobby brown - Yesterday at 12:37:36 PM
I really liked the campfire tales metaphor. canon is personal.
Like and think about the things you like and leave the rest.
Recreational Area / Re: What made you unhappy toda...
Last post by Prez - Yesterday at 12:09:47 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 13, 2024, 09:16:06 PMReally sorry to hear, Prez. Glad you've got it sorted though.

Thanks Hicks. Much better day for both of us.
Fan Films / Re: ALIEN: THE CREW IS DEAD (s...
Last post by Neila - Yesterday at 12:07:29 PM
cool
Quote from: The Cruentus on Yesterday at 11:28:27 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Yesterday at 07:44:42 AMThe only bit I found egregiously dumb in Covenant was Oram leering over the egg just because David told him to, when only moments before David had shown he was less than sane of mind and probably had ulterior motives. To then have Oram decide, "Yeah, nah, you're probably trustworthy," came off as totally illogical.

Other things people regularly pick on, like Faris losing her shit on the lander, seemed pretty fair to me given what was going on at the time.

Prometheus was much worse in the dumbness stakes imo.

Yep.
Prometheus had the scientist continually try to touch a hissing organisim that even did what cobras did when hostile and unfolded their hood.

Yeah, I'm not even gonna attempt to defend Prometheus 🤣 I love the movie enough to watch it regularly, but I can enjoy it whilst acknowledging the writing is complete and utter shyte. 🤣

(Moreover, having just binged 'Constellation' series one on appleTV, it made it clear to me how wasted Noomi Rapace was.. she would have been a good choice for an actual 'Alien' movie.. her acting skills weren't utilised for the role of Shaw at all..)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed