A great upcoming movie standard aliens fan film.

Started by Corporal Harrison, Mar 09, 2008, 02:12:32 AM

Author
A great upcoming movie standard aliens fan film. (Read 5,072 times)

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

it looks just perfect, it took them 7 years to make and its out for download soon.
It looks maybe even alien vs. predator 1 standard.
It's about marines who have been called in to investigate, more information on the site plus
Yes there will be aliens. Just remember it's COMING SOON and will be free for download.
Once you get there, to enter site just click on the large picture of the marines

http://www.dzcfilm.org/

Uncanny Antman

Looks like it may have some decent production values there.

...nuts to them if music like that shows up in the film proper though.

Alienseseses

The alien costume is really cool.

Secret Hero

Using the same costume of the movie Aliens for the CM. Good, the movie will be a hit (I hope) in Cinemas. Doesn't this movie disrupt the production of Alien5? ???

Alienseseses

Quote from: Secret Hero on Mar 09, 2008, 02:39:35 AM
Using the same costume of the movie Aliens for the CM. Good, the movie will be a hit (I hope) in Cinemas. Doesn't this movie disrupt the production of Alien5? ???
It's a fan film.

Secret Hero

Private Hudson

Looks great!!!

Cellien

Anyone else not get sound?

Alienseseses

Cellien

Quote from: Alienseseses on Mar 10, 2008, 03:58:48 PM
Just you.

Thanks for the short answer..

I got sound on the outtakes, not the teaser though.. strange.

ShadowPred

I still need to see more, before i can judge this film, but if they have been working on it for 7 years with all their might, then i guess it will be awesome to see.

Thedus

Thedus

I actually know some of the guys involved in this from the ALIENS Legacy forum (which is dedicated to alien and Colonial Marine costuming and prop modeling) - great guys. ...And sticklers for details.  This project really has been a labor of love for them.

And regarding the music used in the teaser - I'm pretty sure that was used strictly for the teaser.  I don't know if they are having a score composed,  or if it will be an amalgam of snippets from the films (ala Batman: Dead End), but I'd be really surprised if it didn't stay true to the the ALIEN saga.

I've been looking forward to this film for quite a while. :D

EDIT:

This is from Mike Fanara:
DZC is still in the works.
- We wrapped Principle Photography in March 2007.
- I've assembled a "rough cut".
- We've done 80% of the ADR for all the dialog.
- Music is being worked on.
- Foley is currently being recorded.
- 3D backgrounds are currently being worked on..

However, we have had a zillion set-backs. Why? Because no one's being paid.
I know hearing about this film must sound like beating a dead horse long past it resembles anything but... but we're still on it guys. Fear not.

The most crippling issue at the moment is CG backgrounds. Jesse has been slammed with work and personal life things...

What we currently have is reference sound, some sound (leveled, but reference w/sound FXs), the story moves... but there's a butt load of holes. Mostly because there's so much damm BLUE-screen! Razz

A new Teaser has been assembled, but I am still awaiting the backgrounds for these 9 shots... then they need to be composited.

After the shots are composited and color corrected if needed, FX will be added and then I can really start fine tuning the cut and get my sound engineer to finish the final mix-down.

It takes a lot of people to make a film, especially to make a good one. But there are some times that it's just me working on this boys, all on my lonesome - So, please be patient.

DZC entered it's 7th year... I will lose my mind if we hit an 8th year Anniversary! AAAHAHHH!!!!!

I'm ready to change the tagline to:

"Everyone Will Hear Mike/Me Scream..."

severen76

Well hope those guys can get it all finished because it looks pretty good. :)

ShadowPred

I wish them the best of luck on finishing this project

Purebreedalien

Looks awesome. I wonder how long it'll be on for.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed