The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,552 times)

Local Trouble

#Whinge

Voodoo Magic

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on May 20, 2019, 04:09:29 PM
4.7 rating on IMDb.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6027920/?ref_=ttep_ep6

All these f**king people crying. :D guess none of them followed The Sopranos for a decade only for it to cut to black. And it shows.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: First Blood on May 20, 2019, 04:25:57 PM
4.7 rating on IMDb.

All these f**king people crying. :D guess none of them followed The Sopranos for a decade only for it to cut to black. And it shows.

Rather it was poorly concluded and it shows. When there's smoke there's fire.

I've seen plently of shows conclude extremely well. If it was past shows like Breaking Bad and Mad Men, to more recent shows like Daredevil and Big Bang Theory.

You think it's either cool or fun to be a GoT fan and find the last few episodes a tutorial on what not to do in screen-writing? At least I'm encouraged so many people can recognize subpar work, in my opinion.

I'm glad some like it here. I don't want to change your mind. I'm envious of it. But let's not mock the many that were very disappointed with it with good reason please.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 20, 2019, 04:23:33 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 20, 2019, 04:10:35 PM
#Whinge

Fans who didn't care for it?

Not caring for it is fine.  The widespread histrionic overreaction is a bit silly though.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 20, 2019, 04:51:11 PM
#Whinge

Not caring for it is fine.  The overreaction is a bit silly though.

Overreaction as in how?  Posting a negative review?

Local Trouble

As in "I just wasted ten years of my life" melodrama.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 20, 2019, 05:02:27 PM
As in "I just wasted ten years of my life" melodrama.

Well that's melodramatic certainly :), but not representative of every negative review. Though, as a watcher from the beginning, I certainly can sympathize that the journey does feel wasted to some degree, especially how far it fell so quickly in my personal estimation.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: First Blood on May 20, 2019, 04:25:57 PM
4.7 rating on IMDb.

If that finale had happened today, I'm sure the Sopranos would be getting review bombed and petitioned. There was certainly major uproar about it back then, but the online community and the audience were both a lot smaller.

Sopranos even had a rushed final season - when all-out war finally broke out, it was resolved in what, two episodes?

And while The Wire did finish well, again, the final season was generally a bit of a letdown. Buffy's final season was a disaster. It can be tough to finish these things.

Not that it's any excuse for some of the missteps in Thrones, but the series still overall goes down as one of the GOATs in my book. Just... with a lot of room for improvement.

The Old One

The Old One

Nah, sorry but there's no comparison in my opinion.

GoT ended awfully, the entire Season actually- think about it for more than five minutes and it all falls apart. I can't say that about The Sopranos ending.

Spoiler
The believability is gone, one of many, many examples is the other Kingdoms being alright with the North's independence but the rest ruled over again, or the fact if Jaime and Cersei stood a few meters in any other direction they would have survived, or anyone electing Brandon Stark whom previously stated "I can never be Lord of anything." (Becomes Lord of the 6 Kingdoms)
[close]

It's a far cry from the excellent tightly written work it began as, and it's sad but true.

Biomechanoid

Martin will continue writing about the universe he created, and I find it unlikely his work will just slip into the abyss. I can see someone creating a new project. I know nothing about the licensing, but it's not a stretch to think we are bound to see more of his work via another series or feature film.

LastSonofKrypton

Spoiler
The scene with the new small council was about the only enjoyable moment of the season.  Still don't know what Tyrion did with the jackass and honeycomb though
[close]

JokersWarPig

Tbh I plan on getting the books once the last two get released and giving them a read through, see how they differ from the show.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Hated it.. it's not how it should of played out.

Anyone else wanted to see NIGHT KING? make it to kings landing?

Arya/Sansa should of been killed by the dead/NK

Jon 1 vs 1 with the NK

Dany vs jon at some point

Cersi hanged

All wrong this season HBO/RUSHED IT

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 20, 2019, 04:51:11 PM
#Whinge

Not caring for it is fine.  The widespread histrionic overreaction is a bit silly though.

It makes you wonder how some people would react if something actually bad happened, rather than a bit of make believe on the telly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed