Prometheus Teaser Trailer Analysis

Started by Darkness, Dec 23, 2011, 06:01:26 PM

Author
Prometheus Teaser Trailer Analysis (Read 59,314 times)

RICH-ENGLAND

but thats your opinion, again i disagree. if he exists and wether that be physical or not i still think he must need a creator himself. now we can to and fro that pointless argument all day but ill just say this and drop it, you haven't proved that there's no need for infinite regression, thats just your opinion and mine differs. it cant be proven either way as of now.

but anyway, im not gonna argue for the sake of it as i like you, youre a smart guy deuterium. plus this will derail the thread.

back on topic. what do you think of the theories i gave for the sj?

thanks

rich

Deuterium

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Dec 26, 2011, 05:53:28 AM

thanks

rich

As for your theories for the SJ, I like 'em.  Matter of fact, I wish there were more creative and imaginative people in Hollywood, such as yourself.  As much as I am looking forward to Prometheus, I am concerned by the involvement of Damon Lindelof.  Nevertheless, I hope he surprises me, and that the core story turns out to be worthy of the original two movies.

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: deuterium on Dec 26, 2011, 06:02:39 AM

thanks

rich

As for your theories for the SJ, I like 'em.  Matter of fact, I wish there were more creative and imaginative people in Hollywood, such as yourself.  As much as I am looking forward to Prometheus, I am concerned by the involvement of Damon Lindelof.  Nevertheless, I hope he surprises me, and that the core story turns out to be worthy of the original two movies.

im not that concerned about lindelof because from one of the interviews he gave it appears that all he has done is put ridleys ideas into words and add some drama/tension. i dont think the rewrite has been too big from spaihts work as spaights is still credited and before lindelof.

there is one thing though, the ship crash.... thats been done in the last two star trek movies with the protagonist ship purposely ramming into the antagonist ship in a last stand scenario so its a little unoriginal, but no idea who came up with that.

thanks

rich

dxdt

dxdt

Re: the identity of the "mutant":

In the scene with the acid burning his face within the helmet, you can make out red hair and a beard. (This is easier to see in-motion.) So the mutant has those features before the transformation, as someone already pointed out re the mohawk. The "mutant" is not Holloway.

Also, I'm just noticing now that the SJ/suit in the "control room" is missing a head! Maybe the same one the humans carried back? Or maybe it's waiting for the Blue Man to climb in?

MrSpaceJockey

Pretty much.  Note that the entire chair is missing the torso, arms, and head.  It's empty.  The only part that exists is everything beyond the arms on the original model.

awavey

awavey

im not that concerned about lindelof because from one of the interviews he gave it appears that all he has done is put ridleys ideas into words and add some drama/tension. i dont think the rewrite has been too big from spaihts work as spaights is still credited and before lindelof.

both Lindelof and Spaiht currently have "written by" credits, which suggests theyve both provided elements (at least a third to a half to count I think) of this original story and screenplay, which doesnt suggest Lindelof simply did a rewrite on Spaihts stuff, enhanced with more of Ridleys ideas.

ThisBethesdaSea

By giving Lindelof a 'written by'credit it seems to most certainly gives credence to him rewriting the script based off of elements Spaihts story. It neither proves or disproves LINDELOFS ASSERTION that he was writing or rewriting with Ridley's ideas in mind. Lindelof said it, it came out of his mouth :) :) ;)

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Quote from: SHREK on Dec 23, 2011, 10:42:02 PM
Well i for one really dont like the direction this is going in, ridley scott seems to have messed up his own creation now sadly. Think they should have just left the space jockey with the mystery behind it. Not telling us its a human in a suit and everyone goes crazy and mutates. Alien and predator franchise are completely dead now.
Whats really really funny is that if you ever bother to take the time to read alien vault you will fully realise that prometheus is the "original movie that scott and obannon wanted to make" , claiming scott has messed up his creation when in fact he is showing us everything he couldnt in the original ( the derilict scene was supposed to last an hour) , feature temples and giant evil alien occult scientists etc etc.....
It was left a mystery due to budgeting issues......not storytelling smarts :)

psychonaut25

Quote from: PrometheusFire on Dec 28, 2011, 06:24:25 AM
Quote from: SHREK on Dec 23, 2011, 10:42:02 PM
Well i for one really dont like the direction this is going in, ridley scott seems to have messed up his own creation now sadly. Think they should have just left the space jockey with the mystery behind it. Not telling us its a human in a suit and everyone goes crazy and mutates. Alien and predator franchise are completely dead now.
Whats really really funny is that if you ever bother to take the time to read alien vault you will fully realise that prometheus is the "original movie that scott and obannon wanted to make" , claiming scott has messed up his creation when in fact he is showing us everything he couldnt in the original ( the derilict scene was supposed to last an hour) , feature temples and giant evil alien occult scientists etc etc.....
It was left a mystery due to budgeting issues......not storytelling smarts :)

Big thanks to Fox and the budget cut back in 1979.... ;)

ChrisPachi

Quote from: PrometheusFire on Dec 28, 2011, 06:24:25 AMfeature temples and giant evil alien occult scientists etc etc...

Wasn't aware of the alien occult scientists angle. I gotta get that book.

-Chris

kaustin7

Thanks for that analysis!  Love the still shot close-ups.

The whole transformation/mutant thing is damn interesting.  I realize it echoes back to scenes in Alien that were cut from the theatrical version.  Can't wait to see this movie.

Cheers!

Valaquen

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 28, 2011, 10:53:59 PM
Quote from: PrometheusFire on Dec 28, 2011, 06:24:25 AMfeature temples and giant evil alien occult scientists etc etc...

-Chris
I don't think there was such an angle, at all. Ever. Weird comment.

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 29, 2011, 01:59:18 AM

-Chris
Afraid so valequeen, kane was originally intended to get impregnated and then lowered down crucifix posed onto a sacrificial stone :)

Quote from: PrometheusFire on Dec 29, 2011, 03:16:35 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 29, 2011, 01:59:18 AM

-Chris
Plus: the mural that scott and obannon had giger do that represented the pyramid and the 3 cycles of the xenomorph.........it was supposed to be featured in the temple that the sjs used to sacrifice life ........ Didnt scott mention giger working on some murals for prometheus????

Valaquen

The SJ's weren't behind the Alien in the original story, they merely stumbled upon them accidentally.

bobcunk

bobcunk

it never said anything, they could have made them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed