Alien 45th Anniversary: A Conversation between Fede and Ridley

Started by Ingwar, Apr 29, 2024, 09:35:13 AM

Author
Alien 45th Anniversary: A Conversation between Fede and Ridley (Read 925 times)

Ingwar

Not the best quality
No spoilers

Nightmare Asylum

"Thank you so much for this conversation Sir Ridley. Is there anything you'd like to say to anyone watching?"

"No."

PortugueseXeno

Gotta love Ridley.

Nightmare Asylum

Also, it was very nice hearing Ridley give O'Bannon a shoutout in this.

426Buddy

I can understand Ridley not being overly excited here. I'm sure he's talked about this film so much and for so long that its become robotic. I feel like I've heard most of his answers here many times over the years myself.

Ingwar

Ingwar

He doesn't sound robotic imo. On the contrary, he enjoys the conversation. Also, what's new to say about Alien? He's saying stuff that Alien fans know but majority of the audience have no idea about. It's a matter of perspective.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 29, 2024, 06:38:04 PMAlso, it was very nice hearing Ridley give O'Bannon a shoutout in this.

Because Alien is a nightmarish baby of O'Bannon, Scott and Giger, and Ridley himself knows it :)

Nightmare Asylum

Some people in my screening really seemed to get a kick out of learning that it was his kids used to sell the scale of the Derelict. Must have been new information to them.

Even I learned a little tidbit out of this (unless I did know and simply forgot this over the years, which is entirely possible): I didn't realize that the shots of the Derelict that are coming in from the characters' cameras were played on VHS and recorded off a TV.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 29, 2024, 07:26:07 PMHe doesn't sound robotic imo. On the contrary, he enjoys the conversation. Also, what's new to say about Alien? He's saying stuff that Alien fans know but majority of the audience have no idea about. It's a matter of perspective.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 29, 2024, 06:38:04 PMAlso, it was very nice hearing Ridley give O'Bannon a shoutout in this.

Because Alien is a nightmarish baby of O'Bannon, Scott and Giger, and Ridley himself knows it :)

I didn't say that everyone already knows all the details in this interview or that people won't learn something new. I'm saying Ridley sounds kinda bored not robotic, probably because he's repeated this information a million times. I mean the process has probably become robotic.

Ingwar

I know but as I said, I don't find him sounding robotic. But it's just my take on it.

426Buddy

Thats good because I didnt say that he sounds robotic.

Great reading comprehension...

Ingwar

You wrote "its become robotic" so I interpreted it as sounding robotic :)

426Buddy

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 29, 2024, 08:05:18 PMYou wrote "its become robotic" so I interpreted it as sounding robotic :)

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 29, 2024, 07:58:07 PMGreat reading comprehension...

SiL

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 29, 2024, 08:06:09 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 29, 2024, 08:05:18 PMYou wrote "its become robotic" so I interpreted it as sounding robotic :)

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 29, 2024, 07:58:07 PMGreat reading comprehension...
English isn't everyone's first language.

Ingwar

It's not about language :) My take was logic: If something becomes robotic it might sound robotic :)

But let's move on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed