Recent posts

Hi and welcome everyone
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by St_Eddie - Today at 12:50:57 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Yesterday at 12:58:13 AM
Quote from: St_Eddie on May 18, 2024, 11:45:35 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 17, 2024, 01:14:06 PMIt is when people imply that just being on this site means we all have to be drones that will go see the movie in cinema. not all fans are sheep.

This 100%.

There is a clear distinction between being a consumerist fanboy and a fan.  I fall squarely into the latter category. There's not a chance in hell that I'll be going to the cinema to watch this movie, especially given that the trailer/promo shots are indicating 'member berries crap, coupled with this being a Disney production and there not having been a decent Alien movie since Alien 3. I'll check the movie out once there are quality HD rips on the Bay, but not until then.

Likewise, those of us who are genuinely looking forward to seeing the movie and are excited by what we have seen and heard from the marketing so far do not all fall into the category of "consumerist fanboys". Honestly, the 'True Fan TM' bullshit is getting old now. If people don't want to see the movie (whether that be in cinema, or at all, be it for reasons that you simply aren't interested, it hasn't grabbed you, on ethical grounds, or whatever) that's perfectly fine, more power to you guys! I was exactly the same with 'The Predator'- it did nothing for me, I didn't go to cinema nor buy it on physical media, and found it was even worse than expected when I finally saw a download. I get it. This fandom is incredibly diverse, and different elements of the movies speak to each of us. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But this constant suggestion (whether intended or not) that anyone and everyone who is genuinely excited and looking forward to this movie are somehow mindless drones/ sheep / consuming fanboys / lack critical thinking etc etc (have I missed any from past comments?) is just getting tiresome.. this is the Romulus catch all thread, we're coming here for updates/scoops/news that may be shared along with thoughts/theories/insights on those bits of info... and as someone pointed out earlier, they scrolled through 5 pages during the course of half a football match to read absolutely nothing but off-topic squabbling.

There are no "fanboys" here... we are *all* fans.

Why did you cut out my clarification of "and shades of grey in between"?

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Yesterday at 10:50:27 AMI have faith in Fede. He seems to have more respect for the material rather than just being a frothing fan boy like Paul Anderson was.

Im quietly confident. Not expecting anything original or spectacular, but I'm sure it will be a solid entry.

People had faith in Shane Black too. Lots of "In Shane Black we trust" comments in the run up to the release of The Predator...
Alien: Romulus / Re: [Spoilers] More Alien: Rom...
Last post by St_Eddie - Today at 12:46:54 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Yesterday at 12:18:16 AMYou really need to bring back your angry Bill-from-True-Blood avatar.  Your posts just aren't the same without it.

That was literally a photo of my own face XD I've never seen True Blood.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by Highland - Today at 12:30:24 AM
Prey , while really really good, doesn't have a lot of tension in it (for me). That and the creature design of the original can never be topped.

Personally I put Prey third, I really rate Predator 2, it's like my "Alien 3"
General Alien-Predator Discussion / Re: What “LV” stands for?
Last post by SM - Yesterday at 11:52:23 PM
That dude is f**king tracing.
Quote from: SM on Yesterday at 10:38:47 PMOoh! Have to go hunt for that.

Will it be enshrined in the book of canon?

Last post by SiL - Yesterday at 11:30:15 PM
Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 11:23:00 PMSince you know where it is you can now go spelunking to see if it's visible later in the movie.
Hicks runs past it to seal that door before the Aliens get into Operations but it's unreadable  :'(
Last post by SM - Yesterday at 11:24:55 PM
Quote from: PsyKore on Yesterday at 09:08:09 AMLV would be a star catalogue, much like nasa uses. Only Cameron would know what it means, if anything. Someone shoot him an email to find out!

There was also "KG348" used in Isolation. Don't know what that means either.

There's also G-435, A6-454, AR-32, PCW-9512, C-3 L/M and 16EG14.
Last post by SiL - Yesterday at 11:23:00 PM
Since you know where it is you can now go spelunking to see if it's visible later in the movie.
Recreational Area / Re: Last TV Show You Watched
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Yesterday at 11:19:28 PM
Bridgerton season³ ep 1-2

Six Feet Under 5 seasons

Well the good news is that there are quite a few Dwight Schrute cameos! 8)🙏

The bad news is that the color palette and the clamshell cell phones reminded me how old I am :'(👉👈 I was actually in my country's equivalent to high school when they showed this TV show on cable and I never watched the thing until now.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed