Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 963,944 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Stitch on Feb 07, 2023, 01:37:52 AMI'm about halfway through The Last of Us and I'm not sure I'm enjoying it. It's getting frustrating and tedious, and I'm not sure the story is good enough to get me past the gameplay.

If you haven't played it before then the remake is better because it has TLOU2s combat system in it.  Which makes all the encounters not feel like you are trying to control an aging tank to fight people. 

I have TLOU and TLOU Part 1 and Part 1 is much more fluid and easy to play than the OG game was.  That said the remake isn't worth buying at full price if you have already played it before or own previous copies.  It is essentially just updated graphics and TLOU 2s combat system. 

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 12, 2023, 07:32:42 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Feb 07, 2023, 01:37:52 AMI'm about halfway through The Last of Us and I'm not sure I'm enjoying it. It's getting frustrating and tedious, and I'm not sure the story is good enough to get me past the gameplay.

If you haven't played it before then the remake is better because it has TLOU2s combat system in it.  Which makes all the encounters not feel like you are trying to control an aging tank to fight people. 

I have TLOU and TLOU Part 1 and Part 1 is much more fluid and easy to play than the OG game was.  That said the remake isn't worth buying at full price if you have already played it before or own previous copies.  It is essentially just updated graphics and TLOU 2s combat system. 
That's why I played the remaster and not the remake. I never bought into the hype to start with, and got the remaster free on PS Plus. Only played it because I thought I might be wrong and the TV show was getting so much good press.

Turns out I was exactly right. Really didn't click with me. Frustrating gameplay and a storyline that felt generic. Not sure the remake would have fixed that.

Regardless, I'm sure it's brilliant for everyone that enjoyed it. Just wasn't me.

Now Hi-fi Rush, on the other hand? That's very me!

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The remake has much more fluid enemy encounter gameplay, but the story is always what carried TLOU.  If you didn't like the story then the gameplay changes aren't going to help you out. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

TLOU's Oscar bait, the videogame.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Wired scored  Hogwards Legacy 1 out of 10. Haven't played the game but is this for real? Anti-Semitic tropes? I don't want to rant against wokeness but this is beyond ridiculous. Also, apparently buying this game supports transphobia? f**k, I'm getting old for real.

https://www.wired.com/review/hogwarts-legacy-review/

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 13, 2023, 12:06:38 AMWired scored  Hogwards Legacy 1 out of 10. Haven't played the game but is this for real? Anti-Semitic tropes? I don't want to rant against wokeness but this is beyond ridiculous. Also, apparently buying this game supports transphobia? f**k, I'm getting old for real.

I can't speak to the game's themes specifically, but it supports transphobia in the sense that JK Rowling has been openly and publicly transphobic for years, so buying her products supports that.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 13, 2023, 12:06:38 AMWired scored  Hogwards Legacy 1 out of 10. Haven't played the game but is this for real? Anti-Semitic tropes? I don't want to rant against wokeness but this is beyond ridiculous. Also, apparently buying this game supports transphobia? f**k, I'm getting old for real.

The controversy has actually been exceptionally... stupid.

Most people just see it for what it is, just a video game, and it's actually in part because of the controversy drawing attention to the game that the game is more popular now than it probably would of been otherwise, with Twitch breaking a record of over 1.2 million viewers.

As for the 1/10, my best guess is because Wired trashed Hogwarts prior because of the controversy, so WB didn't bother sending them a review copy. I can just taste the salt.

As someone who watches anime I'm no stranger to this sort of pattern that really seems like a tale as old as time at this point

1. twitter activists get mad at thing and start controversy
2. controversy attracts wider attention to thing
3. people find that there's nothing really wrong with thing and even like it
4. thing becomes popular

They can claim I or anyone else are transphobic all they want but the only problem is I or most people don't intend to partake in their delusions.

It's just a game, get off twitter, touch some grass, and maybe even actually go out there and strive for some actual meaningful change for trans people.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think people are both capable of boycotting products that directly fund transphobic platforms... and making "meaningful change" whatever that means I have no f**king clue in this particular context, maybe setting up a charity fund equivalence or something in a response as I actually have seen a handful of people do, I personally would just prefer you say you do not care about trans people enough to change your purchasing habits.

That would be honest.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Except that's not what I believe. I support the rights of all and I support being able to play whatever the f**k you want, what the I don't support for example is the hypocrisy of trans people being attacked by the very people who claim to support trans people because they like a f**king video game.

If you want to believe I'm being dishonest then go right ahead, that's your thoughts and I can't change them.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

This had "Streisand effect" written all over it from the very beginning.

And I say that as someone who thinks the Harry Potter franchise is unbearably cringe and can't wait for it to go away.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 13, 2023, 03:31:25 AMAnd I say that as someone who thinks the Harry Potter franchise is unbearably cringe and can't wait for it to go away.

lel muggle

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I don't even plan on getting it anytime soon because there are other games higher in priority on the list, such as still being in the process of playing God of War. To be even more honest I think there's some movies I haven't even seen in their entirety.

But to me "playing Hogwarts Legacy makes you transphobic" is probably the worst take since Extra Credits tried telling everyone that if you end up on the opposite team in a WW2 multiplayer game then you personally are a literal Nazi.

And attacking trans people, the very people they claim to represent, is a brand of hypocrisy that just rubs me the wrong way despite the totally legit and solid claims that I don't care enough about trans people and am just not honest enough to say it, as if I at all face any kind of problem to saying such a thing from the start if it were true as a cranky man in his 30's eroded away by years of retail.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 13, 2023, 12:52:36 AM

I can't speak to the game's themes specifically, but it supports transphobia in the sense that JK Rowling has been openly and publicly transphobic for years, so buying her products supports that.

Buying that game supports transphobia? Get a life, seriously. I'm not surprised that non-right wing people (let's called them normal people) start being sick of this woke nonsense. It's just a freaking game for kids.

It's like buying Lovecraft's books, playing games and watching movies or tv shows based upon his novels is considered as supporting racism because he was racist himself. Go figure.

Madness:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 13, 2023, 01:07:09 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 13, 2023, 12:52:36 AM

Buying that game supports transphobia? Get a life, seriously. I'm not surprised that non-right wing people (let's called them normal people) start being sick of this woke nonsense. It's just a freaking game for kids.

It's like buying Lovecraft's books, playing games and watching movies or tv shows based upon his novels is considered as supporting racism because he was racist himself. Go figure.

Madness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKnnFYGS1yY

Eh the problem is...Lovecraft is not a current millionaire, who spends his spare time defending a hate speech. In fact, he's not even alive. 😅

But let's pretend for a second that he is alive and rich thanks to his art. In this hypothetical case, if you paid for merchandising that adapts his creation, you would be...indeed...helping an openly racist person to become wealthy. It doesn't matter if Lovecraft invented cartoons for children, nor if it was not your intention to support a racist person. The implication would be the same and if it was unintentional, it would be at least an unfortunate side effect. I understand your frustration with everything political these days, but we are adults, and as such we must be aware of the consequences of our actions.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't play Hogwarts Legacy, as you are free to do whatever you want with your life and money. But if you do, you would be supporting J.K. Rowling without a doubt.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

You know what, I've really never understood why there's such uproar over the whole Rowling thing.

She expressed an opinion some people don't agree with. OK. So the f**k what? Tons of people out there have unpopular views that never generate this level of vitriol.

I've never read the books or watched the films because honestly I couldn't care less, but unless I've missed something they aren't themselves grossly transphobic, are they? So it's just a personal opinion. Are we not allowed those any more? We have to be tolerant of everyone except those who have a point of view we don't agree with?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed