New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 121,363 times)

Voodoo Magic

Or becoming a Bad Blood!  :o

RidleyScott99

Sounds too small. That's the difference. I think you could Direct a PREDATOR movie with a very small budget. But it's impossible for ALIEN or PROMETHEUS

Voodoo Magic

What sounds small? And true, unlike Alien, Predator can be filmed like a slasher at different locales in every day Earth, but I wouldn't be quick to say it's impossible with Alien, especially after the Tongal shorts. :)

SiL

Quote from: Highland on Nov 30, 2020, 03:20:48 PMThere's no tension in a move where a Predator can just blow its opponent up at any time.
But that's ... Every Predator movie?

RidleyScott99

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 30, 2020, 11:18:42 PM
What sounds small? And true, unlike Alien, Predator can be filmed like a slasher at different locales in every day Earth, but I wouldn't be quick to say it's impossible with Alien, especially after the Tongal shorts. :)
Maybe not impossible. But a lot more difficult. You could film PREDATOR like a small action movie. ALIEN is a lot more expensive

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SiL on Nov 30, 2020, 11:30:00 PM
Quote from: Highland on Nov 30, 2020, 03:20:48 PMThere's no tension in a move where a Predator can just blow its opponent up at any time.

Men don't blow up.

KiramidHead

I think you could shoot an Alien film relatively cheaply if you went minimal with the sets and effects outside of the monster suits. Reuse the same 3-4 corridors with different set dressing, etc.

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Nov 30, 2020, 11:30:00 PM

Difference is they were a team of elites and in predator 2 it was gang crime. Then the new movies establish the predators just want to get bigger and badder at hunting.

Without the right story, this movie could be just Jaws with Sonar detectors and torpedoes. Either that or its the Ewoks vs the Empire.

Look I don't mind a bit of tech , I just think the movie sounds a lot better if it's hunter vs hunter.

SiL

Quote from: Highland on Dec 01, 2020, 07:14:12 AM
Difference is they were a team of elites and in predator 2 it was gang crime.
And? The Predator has the tech and stealth to kill everyone pretty quickly if he really wanted to even in the original. In the second film it regularly jumps into rooms of people and butchers them all wholesale.

Film Predators have never cared much for even playing fields.

Stitch

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 01, 2020, 01:39:22 AM
I think you could shoot an Alien film relatively cheaply if you went minimal with the sets and effects outside of the monster suits. Reuse the same 3-4 corridors with different set dressing, etc.
They did that in Deep Blue Sea 2. Different areas were marked by different coloured lighting, but the same corridor. It was so obvious.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on Nov 30, 2020, 09:25:21 PMThe first two kills were quite risky. He was lucky he escaped the minigun. Then he tried to get Dutch in front of everyone. Its not that the one he kills can fight back, but others in the vicinity can react and fight back, that's risky.

He shot Blain in the back while he wasn't looking. Retrieving the body was risky, but the kill was a pretty cheap shot.

Same with Mac. Guy was crawling around unarmed (I know he had weapons on him, but he was in no position to bring them to bear) and the Predator shot him in the face.

I'm not saying every kill in the film was cheap, but he definitely didn't care whether all his prey had a fighting chance or not.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Stitch on Dec 01, 2020, 08:50:40 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 01, 2020, 01:39:22 AM
They did that in Deep Blue Sea 2. Different areas were marked by different coloured lighting, but the same corridor. It was so obvious.

To be fair, Resurrection did it too.

It can be done. But as anything, it's over-all execution.

overthere

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 01, 2020, 09:02:13 AM
Quote from: overthere on Nov 30, 2020, 09:25:21 PMThe first two kills were quite risky. He was lucky he escaped the minigun. Then he tried to get Dutch in front of everyone. Its not that the one he kills can fight back, but others in the vicinity can react and fight back, that's risky.

He shot Blain in the back while he wasn't looking. Retrieving the body was risky, but the kill was a pretty cheap shot.

Same with Mac. Guy was crawling around unarmed (I know he had weapons on him, but he was in no position to bring them to bear) and the Predator shot him in the face.

I'm not saying every kill in the film was cheap, but he definitely didn't care whether all his prey had a fighting chance or not.

I never got the impression Predators want a fair fight. They want someone who can potentially hurt them, but they dont want to flat out expose themselves. With Dutch it was like "alright motherf**ker, now you'll get it". He tried to blast Dutch away many times without even bothering to see where he's located.

funk_master_chunk

Been thinking about this and worried they will go down the route of trying to connect it to Billy's ancestors.

IIRC, the Predator novel explores Billy's tracking abilities and alludes to the fact that he's actually psychic and can speak to his ancestors, doesn't it?

The setting of the film has massive potential, IMO -  but Pred against Sioux won't work from a purely tech perspective. If it can easily wipe out hordes of mercs with high-end, modern tech; then I struggle to see how it's a fair/just/honourable fight. Sure the native Americans were expert trackers and you have the "mystic" element to their backstory too, but Preds can dodge Dutch's teams deforestation attempt and Harrigan's sawn off from point blank range. So I can't see how it'll work well enough to carry the torch.

Gr33n M4n

That's why pitting the Predator against primitive people is a stupid idea.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed