New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 121,380 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 28, 2020, 11:45:34 PM
The whip from AVPR? That thing was cool.

The best thing from this damn movie  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 28, 2020, 10:17:38 PMm what i've read online, the idea that it'll be based off Skulls with a Comanche woman is just a theory.

No, we have our own separate sources who told us a new Predator film was in the works that was based around Natice Americans before we knew of the potential Skulls connection.

Highland

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 28, 2020, 09:38:09 PM
:laugh:

By the way, do you guys prefer the predator to still have high tech weaponry against the native americans, or a more bladed and simple themed arsenal considering they could be a bit less advanced than what we saw until now ?

The movie won't work if the Predator uses Tech. Not with that plot. The movie will absolutely work if it's hunter vs hunter. I feel like the whole thing hinges on that plot point alone.

Master

It should have hi-tech weapons. It's intergalactic alien hunter. If he came here with spaceship he should have all of his uber weaponry.

germanator2

Quote from: Highland on Nov 29, 2020, 11:42:02 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 28, 2020, 09:38:09 PM
:laugh:

By the way, do you guys prefer the predator to still have high tech weaponry against the native americans, or a more bladed and simple themed arsenal considering they could be a bit less advanced than what we saw until now ?

The movie won't work if the Predator uses Tech. Not with that plot. The movie will absolutely work if it's hunter vs hunter. I feel like the whole thing hinges on that plot point alone.

Not necessarily. The plasma caster I'd argue is essential to the Predator. Keeping all it's Hi-Tech energy weapons keeps the threat and raises the stakes, especially against Natives if that's the route they're going. And that allows your characters to be creative as they have to find a way to outsmart the Predator. But just because the Predator has all that weaponry, he's not just going to use it all the time. Roger Ebert said it best in terms of logic to the Predator's characterization.

Quote"(1) Why would an alien species go to all the effort to send a creature to Earth, just so that it could swing from trees and skin American soldiers? Or, (2) Why would a creature so technologically advanced need to bother with hand-to-hand combat, when it could just zap Arnold with a ray gun?"

If you watch the first Predator movie, you get the impression that the Predator could have killed Dutch or any one of his teammate at a given time, or even all at once if it could. So in a movie with Indians, the Predator will obviously toy with his preys, using a variety of weaponry, from energy ones to bladed ones.

Glaive

If it's not called 'The Predators' it'll break canon... ::)

Highland

I think Dutch and a team of elite soldiers and an Indian hunter are a fair league apart. If the Predator starts taking out hoards of Indians with a plasma caster the movie is going to just feel weird.

Even a human going back in time with regular gun to "hunt" Indians sounds like a terrible premise for a movie.

There has to be a reason the movies set back in time other than - "Alien hunter destroys Indians"

426Buddy

Dutch took on a predator with a bow, some mud, and a couple spears.

I would have no issue with native americans in a predator film.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

One of the main points of the first movie was that a man has to go back to his wild nature to survive, hence Arnold losing his modern weapons and fighting with crafted elements and booby traps. I wonder what will be the main focus/symbolic meaning of this next movie.

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, the whole point of Predator is that the military-grade weapons and all of the testosterone-fueled machismo in the world didn't matter; it was a game of wits in the end. The Predator in this could be armed to the teeth with a plasma cannon and everything and still lose here and I would buy that. The main character is going to have to go through some real shit to get there, but so did Arnold, and the lead pulling off a win by using her environmental resources to her advantage is fully believable to me based on what we've seen before in this series.

skhellter

Arnie gets smacked around for that whole final fight.
He wins by outsmarting the Predator (and with a lot of luck).

That's the whole point.
Wits and skills win the day vs sheer power.

overthere

Difference in strength between a man and a woman means nothing to a Predator because both are equally frail compared to him. So I don't see a female lead problematic, if she is like Ripley or even the lead from first AvP.

I just hope they dont try to preach some modern woke thing. Just let me see Predator be cool.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: overthere on Nov 29, 2020, 02:36:59 PM
Difference in strength between a man and a woman means nothing to a Predator because both are equally frail compared to him. So I don't see a female lead problematic, if she is like Ripley or even the lead from first AvP.

I just hope they dont try to preach some modern woke thing. Just let me see Predator be cool.

Totally agree with you, female is not a problem at all as long as she is well written and portrayed, as for any characters in any movie. The modern stuff shoved in a movie where it apparently don't belong could totally happen knowing how hollywood works nowadays, I just hope it gets treated with at least a bit of subtlety.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Nov 29, 2020, 12:58:11 PM
Dutch took on a predator with a bow, some mud, and a couple spears.

I would have no issue with native americans in a predator film.

Agreed. It's all about sport with Predators. There's human hunters to this day that disregard technology and hunt with bows, knives, even spears where legal to demonstrate their prowess.

Master

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 29, 2020, 03:13:58 PM
Quote from: overthere on Nov 29, 2020, 02:36:59 PM

Totally agree with you, female is not a problem at all as long as she is well written and portrayed, as for any characters in any movie. The modern stuff shoved in a movie where it apparently don't belong could totally happen knowing how hollywood works nowadays, I just hope it gets treated with at least a bit of subtlety.

Yeah, subtlety is the key.  Looking at you feminist robot from Solo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed