New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 121,371 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 21, 2020, 03:57:17 AM
It wasn't hidden as Split was a sequel to Unbreakable, but many people didn't know the ships / space jockey well enough to realize Alien was connected to Prometheus. It looked like just a cool sc-fi movie. And I personally know two of them that went to the theater on the strength of the trailer and cast alone without any clue it was tied to Alien. We've discussed it many times in these forums.
Cool, but the studio was always upfront that it was an Alien movie, and everyone involved was always open that it was an Alien movie. Alien fans knew what was coming, and could get hyped up about a prequel with a new take from day one.

I'm specifically talking a situation like Blair Witch or 10 CL where there is zero indication of a connection with an existing property, where said connection is actively hidden or obfuscated, only to reveal it halfway through the marketing run (if not later).

Or not until the film's release, in Split's case.

Highland

Just doesn't make sense to make a edgy reveal trailer right off the heels of a Predator movie that's not that old. If it was the first since Predator 2 or even Predators.....maybe.

They could always ( and might) go the Star Wars and Marvel Route where before the movie there's a little montage of Alien and Predator snippets ( like the masks at the start of Mandalorian) with perhaps the subtitle "Alien Galaxy" or something the like.

It would at least tie things together without putting VS in the titles. The movies wouldn't even need to link, just be part of a bigger plan.

Nightmare Asylum

With them going back to the past in this, I feel like emphasis on a shared universe is the last thing on their minds. No bigger plan, no elaborate world-building, no AVP nonsense. Just a story about a Predator on a hunt.

Which is a good start, in my opinion. Now it is just a matter of whether the movie is actually any good.

SiL

I really hope it's a great, contained action horror that doesn't try to tease some sprawling franchise reboot.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2020, 04:48:39 AM
I really hope it's a great, contained action horror that doesn't try to tease some sprawling franchise reboot.

Aye, I agree with this 100%.

[cancerblack]

That would be ideal, although if we're to believe they're throwing money at both franchises I can only imagine more versus content being an eventual thing, whether it's teased in the first attempts or not.

Mr.Turok

Since this will be taking place pre-Colonial times, I don't really know how they can butcher this film. I mean I recall films like Apocalypto and that was brutally awesome. Seems like a simple Hunt story which is what this series needs right now, I welcome a more simplistic story telling style. It would be very interesting to see how they would take down a Predator before even the use of metal knives and tomahawks.
Which kind of sucks cuz I remember that there is a broken tomahawk trophy in PHG that is made of metal, would be a nice tie in like how the flintlock is in the game.

As for the title, Predator: Skulls. There, I don't see how bad the title is. 

Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 20, 2020, 11:20:13 PM
More importantly after PHG brough m'boy Dutch back I really wanted a movie set on 2025 with Dutch kicking ass while taking Predator juice to make gains, the reception over Dutch's return was great, so many commented that was what the sequels should have been about and now... its gone I guess.

After what The Predator brought to the table....I don't think people can stomach another film that takes place right after The Predator. Would be cool, but a breather is nice to get. Make people forget for a bit, and then with better ideas, writers can get back to making a film that works after that mess. Better to draw in new people now with a new storytelling film, that way the possibility of a newer film getting more positivity would be greater, especially if Dutch comes back. 

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2020, 02:40:31 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 21, 2020, 02:13:18 AM
What do you mean?
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 21, 2020, 01:46:17 AM
From the sound if it, this wasn't going to be marketed as a Predator movie right off the bat. It probably would have had a trailer or two with the "Skulls" title and some obscured monster action, before eventually revealing, at some point before the film's with a viral marketing campaign that culminates in a final trailer, that it is a Predator film and dropping the "true" title.
This shit. Cloverfield movies love doing it because they're usually not meant to be Cloverfield and just get the label slapped on last second. I don't see any benefit to building hype around an otherwise unknown project and then dumping the true title when it's almost too late to get people interested (and while I have no numbers on hand I don't feel the films that have done this have particularly benefited).
Well there have only been 3 Cloverfield movies and as far as I can remember all three of them were pretty up-front about their titles (although 2 of the 3 started as unrelated spec scripts, but were never marketed as such).

I dunno, I think it's a fun marketing "twist" and it definitely increased my hype for the Blair Witch sequel when they pulled a "gotcha" with the marketing.

I can see how it would piss some people off though.

predor

I love the premise of the movie - fingers-crossed the film won't be in English, but spoken in Comanche. 10 Cloverfield Lane is a grea movie, so I have hope the director will deliver.

Just please give us a proper R rating, and no AvP references!

zackpred12

Well, ya know....Dark Fate didn't woke.  I mean...work.  Darn auto text.

Tired of gender politics.   Give me a woman that can be badass when called upon, but doesn't need to constantly out perform every man.  Genetically,  men are stronger..period.   Predator hunts the strongest of adversaries.   Just sayin.  Show me something girl! (I mean the writers and directors..regardless of sex.)Fill the shoes of Machiko, and or Ripley....and you have my wallet. Otherwise, enjoy your coffee with Shane whilst discussing as to why you don't understand that driving politics into your film doesn't "wow" the masses.  So sick of this crap.  IF they would have just said we are doing another Predator film, I could care less of the sex of the protagonist.   NOW,  I (we) KNOW.....ABSOLUTELY KNOW..that this film is only being made to push gender politics.   They could care less about the story, and care less about Predator.   I hope im wrong. ....I PRAY that I'm wrong. 

Nukiemorph

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 21, 2020, 05:08:20 AM
Well there have only been 3 Cloverfield movies and as far as I can remember all three of them were pretty up-front about their titles (although 2 of the 3 started as unrelated spec scripts, but were never marketed as such).
10 Cloverfield Lane was only revealed as the title to the cast and crew an hour before the trailer dropped.

QuoteI dunno, I think it's a fun marketing "twist" and it definitely increased my hype for the Blair Witch sequel when they pulled a "gotcha" with the marketing.
It made me completely miss that there was a Blair Witch movie coming out until I heard people's reactions to the reveal -- by which time it was right before the film got released.

Enjoy

This sounds very refreshing and f**king awesome possibly. Leonardo Dicaprios next film is A true Native American Story about the white mans greed .

Consider me stoked.Dutch was a Native american lead in the early predator drafts.

I think we will see a female predator in this.

Enjoy

I wonder if the female predator will be going against "norms" too in this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed