Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 400,265 times)

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 04, 2010, 09:49:09 PM
http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2010/08/16/ground_zero_mosque_origins
Mosque approved, news goes wild, people get angry. Mostly the news' fault as you said. This shows the "70% dissaproval rating" stat that I had originally posted. However, it's from all of America, not just NY.

that article links to this article
http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/08/poll-68-of-americans-oppose-ground-zero-mosque.php
"While 68% of Americans disapprove of the plan, a recent Marist poll found that 53% of New York City residents disapprove, including only 31% of Manhattan residents."

BANE

BANE

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 04, 2010, 10:10:45 PM
BLAIN thinks that since anti-Muslims are poo-pooing the building of a community center in an established Muslim neighborhood out of sight from Ground Zero that Muslims should better their image or build the center outside of the established Muslim neighborhood.
Well, then what should they do? Nothing? Then they have to live with the hate and potential violent backlash. Should the government intervene? They already have and it's had little to no effect. I mean, my only concern with this is that, for whatever reason, it's as if they didn't think the backlash through. Then, when the backlash does happen, representatives from the Muslim community and corboda project (which is what this whole shindig is called) go on radio stations such as the BBC and call opposers islamophobics. Which, while true, certainly does nothing positive for them.

I think what they're doing is admirable, but they need to at least do something to aid their image. Because it's only going to get worse, and nobody has yet to step in and succeeded in diswaying the haters.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 04, 2010, 10:21:26 PM
Well, then what should they do? Nothing?
BLAIN: Why won't you answer my question?

BANE

BANE

Ok, ok. I'm obviously confused and being retarded. It happens. Could you please repeat the question?

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 04, 2010, 11:30:56 PM
Ok, ok. I'm obviously confused and being retarded. It happens. Could you please repeat the question?
Since politicians and parts of the media are responsible inciting fear in people with anti-Muslim sentiments, why do you feel that the burden is on the Muslims to provide better PR for their community center?

Lie

Lie

Without me having to read the last 5 pages of the thread, what do you two hate?

maledoro and Blain.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 04, 2010, 11:36:07 PM
Since politicians and parts of the media are responsible inciting fear in people with anti-Muslim sentiments, why do you feel that the burden is on the Muslims to provide better PR for their community center?
Well, here's my thought. The Obama administration has issued a well media-covered statement saying that they have the right to build there because of the constitutional religious freedom that everyone in the USA has. The mayor of NY issued a well media covered statement saying the same thing. In that link I posted, I believe it stated that many other religious organizations (Jewish and Christian) have supported the building of said community center. Yet there is still massive amounts of opposition and hate towards muslims, fueled by this whole incident. Someone has to ease these feelings before something violent occurs. It could be the catholic or Jewish churches, or some other source, I don't care. I said the Muslim community needs to do some PR because it's their center which is the source of this hate.  Just as fine if someone else does it, but seeing as the government and recent media have failed, I saw no one else that could do it and said that the Muslims should. At least someone should, if not the Muslims.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 05, 2010, 12:02:22 AM
Quote from: maledoro on Sep 04, 2010, 11:36:07 PM
Well, here's my thought. The Obama administration has issued a well media-covered statement saying that they have the right to build there because of the constitutional religious freedom that everyone in the USA has. The mayor of NY issued a well media covered statement saying the same thing. In that link I posted, I believe it stated that many other religious organizations (Jewish and Christian) have supported the building of said community center. Yet there is still massive amounts of opposition and hate towards muslims, fueled by this whole incident. Someone has to ease these feelings before something violent occurs. It could be the catholic or Jewish churches, or some other source, I don't care. I said the Muslim community needs to do some PR because it's their center which is the source of this hate.  Just as fine if someone else does it, but seeing as the government and recent media have failed, I saw no one else that could do it and said that the Muslims should. At least someone should, if not the Muslims.
In other words, the victims of the distortion should clean up the mess instead of the guilty parties. So, by that logic, if someone were to spread a rumor about you that is most unsavory, it's your responsibility to wear more cologne, dress neater, and use more breath spray instead of expecting compensation from the other side? I'll be sure to remember that...

BANE

BANE

QuoteIn other words, the victims of the distortion should clean up the mess instead of the guilty parties. So, by that logic, if someone were to spread a rumor about you that is most unsavory, it's your responsibility to wear more cologne, dress neater, and use more breath spray instead of expecting compensation from the other side? I'll be sure to remember that...
I said I didn't care who it was, just that it needed to be resolved and that I arbitrarily said the Muslims need to do it because nobody else seems to have succeeded. I also said that somebody else should do it. Several times. Because it needs to be resolved.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 05, 2010, 12:17:53 AM
I said I didn't care who it was, just that it needed to be resolved and that I arbitrarily said the Muslims need to do it because nobody else seems to have succeeded. I also said that somebody else should do it. Several times. Because it needs to be resolved.
And it needs to be done by the instigators. Anytime someone gets blamed for something it's up to those who pointed the finger to correct it. The accused can try all they might to defend themselves, but it doesn't do any good. It only gets blown over once the finger pointers retract their statement.

If anything, the people behind Park51 had already issued statements about their intentions. Christ, if they were to bake cakes to show how nice they are, Fox et al. would just say that there were bombs in them. It's up to the assholes who are calling it the "Ground Zero Mosque" (both wrong descriptors) to do an about face.

Anto of the Sand

randy4321

People.

BANE

BANE

^ Everyone, or just certain ones?

maledoro

maledoro

^

BANE

BANE

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed