Alien Romulus Rating Prediction

Started by solace97, May 04, 2024, 05:22:59 PM

Thought this could be fun. As we get closer and find out more details what do you think Alien Romulus will receive upon release if you were to grade it on an out of 10 scale.

0/10
0 (0%)
1/10
0 (0%)
2/10
0 (0%)
3/10
1 (2.6%)
4/10
0 (0%)
5/10
4 (10.3%)
6/10
6 (15.4%)
7/10
7 (17.9%)
8/10
14 (35.9%)
9/10
3 (7.7%)
10/10
4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closes: Aug 12, 2024, 05:22:59 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Rating Prediction (Read 2,056 times)

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: aliens13 on May 07, 2024, 07:44:48 PM
Quote from: Kradan on May 07, 2024, 07:40:55 PMI do. But I also rank Aliens above Alien so make of that what you want
Everyone has their preferences, nothing bad with that. Has a kid I also ranked Aliens above Alien and Alien 3 but then I changed my mind, now for me it's Alien - Alien 3 - Aliens

I like Alien the most, but Aliens is definitely the most re-watchable. They're both honestly on par with each other as far as quality film making.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on May 08, 2024, 06:09:32 AMDamn putting Aliens next to Covenant and Prometheus above it. You must be the bravest man I know

Not the choice I agree with but the one I can respect

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on May 08, 2024, 06:09:32 AMDamn putting Aliens next to Covenant

The more time passes, the more I become tempted to slip Covenant up a notch so that it is at the same level as Aliens and Alien 3 on my own list.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on May 08, 2024, 06:09:32 AMDamn putting Aliens next to Covenant and Prometheus above it. You must be the bravest man I know

I just don't connect with the "oorah" machismo Colonial Marine stuff. Never did even when I was younger, and still don't. At one point, before the prequels, my ranking of the original four films was the order they released in, but I got older and my tastes shifted.

I'm not much for the idea of the military industrial complex. I don't personally care for war movies. Same reasons I don't care for the Brotherhood of Steel faction within the Fallout franchise, another property I also adore.

I just think Alien as a whole, and where it currently resides within pop culture, has bigger and better things to say rather than riding on the nostalgia-based coattails of the second film. There's already so much expanded media based on it, and that will never change because Money.

That being said, Aliens is still my second favorite Ripley story next to Alien³!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 08, 2024, 11:53:45 AMI'm not much for the idea of the military industrial complex.

For what it's worth, I think James Cameron would agree with you on that one.

Neila

Neila

I would be very happy if Romulus is a success because then it will definitely and hopefully not take as long to make another film.

My current assessment looks like this:
I think Romulus will be pretty brutal and uncompromising, have good action and great effects.
It will certainly be well embedded between the first two and at least not ignore the prequels.
(I still haven't watched the teaser)

But I think it's a bit messed up on the acting level.

Speaking of actors:
A3 (assembly cut).
The acting is absolutely great and I like it even better than the one in Aliens.
Gollik,
Andrews, Clemens, Dillon, Morse...top notch.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Neila on May 08, 2024, 02:38:32 PMI would be very happy if Romulus is a success because then it will definitely and hopefully not take as long to make another film.

On the contrary, whether Romulus is a success or not, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if we don't get another film while the TV series is running, so as to not double up on/oversaturate the brand.

I could be wrong, of course, so only time will tell. FX/Hulu do have their own heads calling their shots, independent of what Asbell/20th Century Studios are up to theatrically, but it just seems odd to me to think that we might get a movie while the show is also running. Maybe that's just because overlapping projects is so unprecedented for Alien as a franchise thus far.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

I predict 6/10, most sequels range there.

BigDaddyJohn

I hope 7 or up, below it will probably be forgettable.

Feeds On Minds

One of the leaks(if true) puts it at a 4 for me; it just sounds like half-baked bad writing.

SiL

SiL

Almost like a shitty midquel novel.

Neila

Neila

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 08, 2024, 02:49:03 PM
Quote from: Neila on May 08, 2024, 02:38:32 PMI would be very happy if Romulus is a success because then it will definitely and hopefully not take as long to make another film.

On the contrary, whether Romulus is a success or not, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if we don't get another film while the TV series is running, so as to not double up on/oversaturate the brand.

I could be wrong, of course, so only time will tell. FX/Hulu do have their own heads calling their shots, independent of what Asbell/20th Century Studios are up to theatrically, but it just seems odd to me to think that we might get a movie while the show is also running. Maybe that's just because overlapping projects is so unprecedented for Alien as a franchise thus far.
I agree.
I actually don't need another film during the TV show.
I don't know how long the TV show will actually run.
I just meant that hopefully it won't take several years until we get another film.
(On average it was a waiting time of around 5 - 7 years)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Neila on May 09, 2024, 11:34:31 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 08, 2024, 02:49:03 PM

I agree.
I actually don't need another film during the TV show.
I don't know how long the TV show will actually run.
I just meant that hopefully it won't take several years until we get another film.
(On average it was a waiting time of around 5 - 7 years)

Last Hawley said, I think he has plans for a few seasons. Sounds like he'd probably want the series to run a minimum of three, maybe one or two more than that.

Of course, us getting anything beyond that first season to begin with is entirely dependent on how that first season lands, of course.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 09, 2024, 11:47:22 AMLast Hawley said, I think he has plans for a few seasons. Sounds like he'd probably want the series to run a minimum of three, maybe one or two more than that.

Of course, us getting anything beyond that first season to begin with is entirely dependent on how that first season lands, of course.

So, potentially a span anywhere from 6 to 12 years for this series if the first season lands?? :o I'm unsure if I'd enjoy that or not.. I love Stranger Things and I'm assuming Alien would have just as much, if not more, special effects/set work - But good god, the 3 year gap between seasons is truly unbearable. I suppose if it ends up being good...

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah he takes large breaks between his seasons on Fargo, I think it is a really good thing, to develop the material.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed