Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus - Fandango ...
Last post by SiL - Today at 09:51:31 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Today at 09:29:43 AMI know we're in disagreement over the whole midquel vibes - I'm very much liking the sounds of it - but repeated references really pull me out of experiences.
At the moment it's like if they advertised Aliens with people in vents, Bishop dissecting the facehugger, Bishop torn in half, marines around the dinner table, etc - all those things that would make Aliens look like a memberberrie smoothie despite how different it really was.

That's my hope, at least.
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 09:29:43 AM
Quote from: GrimmVision on Today at 09:21:05 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Today at 09:12:27 AMI really hope that means we'll be seeing some new Reeboks on sale!

I need to snag a pair of them this time around. Hopefully it's not a surprise drop and we actually get a bit of a heads up!

I grabbed myself a pair a couple years back but they were like half a size too small so they're uncomfortable. I was hoping we'd see some drop again this year.  :'(

Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 09:28:09 PMOn the one hand every shot invokes a feeling of "Hey remember this??"

On other hand they've only released half a dozen pictures and a teaser, so I'm hoping it's just the marketing team playing on nostalgia bait.

I really hope the 'memberberries aren't egregious. I know we're in disagreement over the whole midquel vibes - I'm very much liking the sounds of it - but repeated references really pull me out of experiences.
Last post by GrimmVision - Today at 09:21:05 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Today at 09:12:27 AMI really hope that means we'll be seeing some new Reeboks on sale!

I need to snag a pair of them this time around. Hopefully it's not a surprise drop and we actually get a bit of a heads up!
Alien: Romulus / Re: Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-A...
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 09:12:27 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Yesterday at 02:26:33 PMOh crap, we got a hive forming alright.

You know how I love me some hive...nice to see the asthetic back!

Quote from: Bob Saget on Yesterday at 02:23:39 PMLooks like she's wearing Reeboks

https://x.com/steveasbell/status/1792924496174682564

I really hope that means we'll be seeing some new Reeboks on sale!

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Yesterday at 03:18:19 PMI know it's just a production still but it's a bit overlit.

Hopefully the actual film will be much darker.

I wouldn't worry too much about lighting when it comes to production stills. It's not representative of the finished product.
Looks like I'm going through the TUPE process yet again, or being made redundant. Wonderful start to the day.
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 08:42:26 AM
On the subject of the hive; I don't personally think it looks that different to what we saw in the other movies... what I would say is that really thin metal vent hanging from the ceiling doesn't help the shot and deffo gives bin bag vibes, making the hive wall look thin/not much to it (though I don't imagine we'll see the shot like this in the movie, this image has 'production still' written all over it :-)
General Alien-Predator Discussion / Re: Alien or Predator?
Last post by Neila - Today at 06:50:31 AM
I'd rather be on the Predator's ignore list than on the Alien's menu.
Last post by SiL - Today at 06:33:17 AM
If I meet a Predator I'm getting ignored.

If I meet an Alien I'm getting killed, awfully.
Last post by Neila - Today at 06:27:30 AM
Quote from: Master Chief on Yesterday at 02:49:55 PM
Quote from: Neila on Yesterday at 01:18:14 PMThe question is what exactly is meant by badass?
that is a matter of interpretation.
tougher, more brutal, more dangerous, more resistant, "cooler", better design... all together?

On each of these points, fans' opinions will differ when it comes to defending their personal favorite.

cooler: Predator

everything else: sorry, ALIEN of course  ;D

Why do you think the Alien is more dangerous than a Predator?

nothing easier than this.
The predator is selective when looking for victims and only selects certain opponents.

The alien doesn't give a shit and flattens everything.

So if I had the choice of who I would rather meet, it would be Pred.
He probably wouldn't care much about a normal civilian, while the alien instinctively accepts almost any victim.

Of course you could argue with different Predator castes, but overall the alien is the far more dangerous species.

think about the spread. Let an alien run free on Earth and humanity will be grilled.

The Predator just comes to visit every now and then.

Fan Art / Re: Fullsize Aliens Warrior Bu...
Last post by MetalAlien - Today at 02:56:20 AM
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed