Recent posts

Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 12:01:38 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Yesterday at 11:55:38 PM
Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 11:54:12 PMI'd read it as a novel or comic.

Aye, same.

Preferably with real art, if they go the comic route.

Sal Larroca then?
Last post by xShadowFoxX - Yesterday at 11:59:54 PM
Remember all the times I said that I lament Alien 5? I take them back now.
Last post by [cancerblack] - Yesterday at 11:59:10 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Yesterday at 11:51:50 PMInspired by this, no doubt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANQku4CNPJc

'cept that was actually pretty cool in context.
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Yesterday at 11:55:38 PM
Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 11:54:12 PMI'd read it as a novel or comic.

Aye, same.

Preferably with real art, if they go the comic route.
Last post by SiL - Yesterday at 11:54:12 PM
I'd read it as a novel or comic.
Last post by XENOMORPHOSIS - Yesterday at 11:53:03 PM
In ways these ideas are absurd but in another perspective intriguing, could've been atrocious, could've been solid it's a question how it's executed. We've had our share of mediocre Alien movies that other fans have found value in and the franchise has kept going. Was half and half about the retcon decision, partly due to it being hard to make a satisfying continuation to Alien3 and Resurrection after how those films are regarded, the continuity was already thrown into split timelines with Williams Gibson's treatment being adapted into a comic and audio drama. Some fans lament this movie didn't happen whereas others are relieved. Theres a guarantee there will be other later Alien Legacy Sequels Reboots in the future, some films will be mediocre others will be competent. Like this Xenomorph itself it's endures.
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Yesterday at 11:51:57 PM
Also, not shocked to hear it wasn't Ridley that binned this. I know Blomkamp had his snarky remark about how maybe Ridley saw Chappie and decided he wanted nothing to do with it anymore, but it always seemed to me that Fox was the one that snuffed this out, which Mike's confirmed now.

I can see this playing nicely overall with the prequels, honestly, pending whatever "Alien: Destiny" was planning to do I guess.

Do away with the Kenner nonsense, scale the idea back to remove Ripley & Hicks, but keep some of the other ideas (the grown Derelicts/Juggernauts, O'Bannon-esque intelligent/evolved Aliens, even the inverted Chestburster/Facehugger process which could be neat) and... I could see this being mined for parts to make something maybe not great but, definitely interesting.
Last post by Local Trouble - Yesterday at 11:51:50 PM
Inspired by this, no doubt:

General Discussion / Re: Dinosaurs and other prehis...
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Yesterday at 11:47:23 PM
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed