Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 852,428 times)

Russ

Russ

^ Yep, I loved this movie - the trailers totally mis-sold it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Russ on Apr 11, 2019, 12:01:26 PM

Luckily i never saw the trailers, so was able to enjoy it more

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 11, 2019, 11:56:29 AM
Maggie
A brilliant Drama starring Arnie and Abigail Breslin.

Finally zombies that make sense!

I enjoyed Maggie enough to buy it, but that movie and its pacing could have been really something if they only added one or two more zombie scenes. Still, I do like the film.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 11, 2019, 11:56:29 AM
Maggie
A brilliant Drama starring Arnie and Abigail Breslin.

It's great, and Arnie gives a really solid performance

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Seems like ever since Arnie came back to acting, the trailers for his movies have been desperate to sell them as action pictures, when other than The Last Stand they really haven't been.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 11, 2019, 01:02:01 PM
Seems like ever since Arnie came back to acting, the trailers for his movies have been desperate to sell them as action pictures, when other than The Last Stand they really haven't been.

Studios are convinced that they have to market the movie in that way.  Drive is a perfect example, the trailers showed a fast paced, action movie involving cars, when it couldn't be further from the truth

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Oh yeah, it's a general (and really lame) trend in recent years, but I've noticed it applies to Arnie's recent movies in particular.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 11, 2019, 01:05:49 PM
Oh yeah, it's a general (and really lame) trend in recent years, but I've noticed it applies to Arnie's recent movies in particular.

He's the penultimate action star of the last century so it isn't surprising but it is infuriating because Arnie can act as Maggie proves

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I think you fine gentlemen are off-track on this one. Maggie was never sold as an action film or anything other than it was.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 11, 2019, 08:44:43 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 11, 2019, 02:16:03 AMWhere a Frenchman plays a Scotsman and a Scotsman plays a Spaniard  ;D

Dude, that's my line :P

Watch Stewart Francis' Pun Gent special if you have the chance. He does a great bit about Sean Connery which I won't spoil.
Rest of his material's good too.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 11, 2019, 01:37:06 PM

I think you fine gentlemen are off-track on this one. Maggie was never sold as an action film or anything other than it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrF-7E5PJIg

That actually makes the film seem more Ominous that it was

Alien Intruder (1993)
What did i watch? it was boring and badly paced. And it just ends. Its so bad even the cool side of the pillow Billy Dee Williams is bored

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 12, 2019, 10:21:54 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 11, 2019, 01:37:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrF-7E5PJIg

That actually makes the film seem more Ominous that it was

More ominous? I don't think so. The movie is pretty darn ominous already.

Now it could of went that way if the trailer showed Wade approached by the neighbor zombies, plus attacked by the gas station zombie. Oh yeah, that could have sold the movie a lot differently!  But all of that was left out of the trailer, and all it showed was Wade's struggle to keep Maggie out of quarantine and his final task to kill her.

Sorry there are a lot of criminal trailers out there, but this trailer was a good representation. And it certainly was not sold as an action film.

Want to see a misrepresentation? Let's talk Predators!  :P

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Hicks will argue with you on that all day.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 12, 2019, 01:09:15 PM
Hicks will argue with you on that all day.

Well to be fair it could have been one well-armed Predator!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Killer Elite is the one that always sticks with me as being totally mis-sold by its marketing.

The trailer made it look like a high-octane, balls-to-the-wall action flick starring Jason Statham and Robert De Niro with a hair metal soundtrack, and who doesn't wanna see that?

In reality De Niro was barely in it, the film was like two hours long and 90% of it was just people talking.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed