Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,660 times)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Oct 29, 2007, 12:34:56 AM
Once again, here is my explaination for this regurgitation method:

---------------------------------------------------------

To me, this regurgitation is just an alternative "face-hugger" and an interesting survival method. When the Queen is young and not ready to reproduce the masses of eggs through an egg-sac (and assuming there are no other Alien warriors around, at the time), the Queen will run around and quickly plant hosts with embryos that are probably in much more advanced stages, than face-hugger embryos, thus the embryos that are regurgitated will burst faster. The face-huggers have a slower process of "impregnating". but there will MORE of the face-huggers, when the eggs are layed, of course.

So, once the Queen has enough warriors to help construct a hive, she goes into hiding within the hive and matures, thus she becomes full-grown, produces an egg-sac and starts to produce the hundreds to thousands of eggs, which do the process at a slightly slower pace, but at a much grander scale.

Now, when the Queen is running around "regurgitating" the embryos, I think the process of the embryo being created inside of her will be faster than a facehugger, but the time in between the creation of the embryos will probably not be in a matter of minutes, but certainly not as long as human pregnancy, for example.

----------------------------------------

I also want to add that I don't think the PredAlien "vomits" (not like the Excorsist), but mainly passes the embryo (maybe, just like the face-hugger, or the chestburster might be more developed and we see the burster body go from one mouth to another).

Speaking of which, anyone recall the Alien 3 comic series, which showed the Queen chestburster climb out of Newt's mouth and climb into Ripley's mouth, after the crash?

On a related subject, there was a movie, which had these alien creatures control humans, by crawling down the human mouths...I can't remember the name of it. I think there was a sequel made. Anyone know what movies I'm talking about? The creatures could go from one host to another, by crawling out of the hosts mouths and go into another human mouth. The creatures were kind of like slugs, if I remember correctly.

Jason goes to Hell.

Space Disc Jockey

My bad, the movie is "The Hidden". It's been a while, since I saw that movie.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0093185/

But Night of the Creeps sounds just like it

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 29, 2007, 12:41:24 AM
Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 12:39:45 AM

body snatchers? awful film. if that's what your referring to. or was it the more recent "dream catchers" with their "shit weasels".

This new AVP-R idea is in good company i see ;)

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 12:40:32 AM
Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 29, 2007, 12:39:10 AM
How many crap movies stole this idea then? lol
well, a quote i love is..."Every horror movie since Alien has stollen somethig from it"

Yes and completely distorted and bastardized themselves. Dont put that on alien lol

body snatchers was a really old movie that had little slug-like things invade a person's body an control them, the thing does the same thing, except its a more complex organism. Dreamcatchers had things which come out of the person's  body, but not by bursting out the chest, they came out the ass, hence they were called "shit weasels" in the film. lol.
Neither one had something enter the mouth, but i could be wrong about "invasion of the body snatchers"(that was the full title i think).

edit:

invasion of the body snatchers was the "pod people" film. lol
But the idea of controlling a person remains.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 12:14:28 AM
Gates i said "Alien fans" not you stop skimming start reading...

Yes but you were responding to my post thus indirectly including me in that group...but fair enough either way... :)

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 12:14:28 AM
molting makes them more complex,
no to be honest not the most amazing thing i've ever seen the mouth rape idea...but its rarely used anywhere and can work great...if you give it a chance...me i haven't desided yet i'm not condeeming it or embrashing jsut stateing how it can work

I think your missing my point, I never said that it will look bad on screen...the brothers seem to have a flare for the dramatic (which isn't bad) and they will probably make the scene out to be as shocking and disturbing as they can, thematically speaking...but as far as it not breaking canon, I can not agree... :-\

Quote from: Otnip on Oct 29, 2007, 12:23:05 AM
I'm not going to argue with you all night, so please, if you think simple = right, state your simple theory on the matter and why this does not follow canon. I've been skimming through this thread, and I must have missed it.

I didn't have to type it out because another member already had and I agree with him...here's the quote:

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Oct 28, 2007, 07:07:16 PM
So, in 350 years time, with scanning technology already available and perfected in Alien WITHOUT any 'hands-on' scientist interference, they could not scan the Queen and learn her morphology eyes-only, and learn her reproductory organs were different from one cycle to the other...?

How did they know she was ready to lay eggs in a 'couple of days, maybe less' then...?

It's simple, logical and carries the least variables...

Quote from: Otnip on Oct 29, 2007, 12:23:05 AM
Remember, a mind is like a parachute. If its not open, it doesn't work. (Frank Zappa quote, not me :) )

I had an open mind, before this vomit nonsense became public, I argued the brothers would use egg-morphing while other's claimed there would be something different...then they throw us this crap idea; I surveyed the facts (canon in other films), read the opinions of others and formulated my own...call me crazy but I always thought that's what an open mind was for... ;)

Major Alan Schaefer

Well, lets observe your point...why didn't they scan her in AR....what would they Scan her with?
can't be seen on inferead, Xray? and lets say they did see it..how would they know what it was...lets even say they did know what it was...they could tell when its in this stage its right before she starts egg laying. the General didn't care about the science crap he wanted the facts..that's what they gave

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 12:46:59 AM
the idea of controlling a person remains.

As does the arbitrary nastiness.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Oct 29, 2007, 12:34:56 AM

I also want to add that I don't think the PredAlien "vomits" (not like the Excorsist), but mainly passes the embryo (maybe, just like the face-hugger, or the chestburster might be more developed and we see the burster body go from one mouth to another).

Speaking of which, anyone recall the Alien 3 comic series, which showed the Queen chestburster climb out of Newt's mouth and climb into Ripley's mouth, after the crash?

I remember that, and indeed this reproduction idea just seems to be borrowed from the Fasano Alien III script too, as I've pasted a little earlier when Ripley was directly regurgitating the chestburster in her into a monk's mouth, but we'll see.

Anomaly

Anomaly

So how many films have copied alien and failed its artful balance out there? We asked for one plot about slugs and we got like 4 films lol

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 29, 2007, 12:56:07 AM
So how many films have copied alien and failed its artful balance out there? We asked for one plot about slugs and we got like 4 films lol

slugs, pod people, amoeba like alien jelly..its all the same in those movies. lol

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 12:58:15 AM
slugs, pod people, amoeba like alien jelly..its all the same in those movies. lol

I would think the father of all of these bastard children should make sure to keep on the straight and narrow more.

Even camerons ideas are getting destroyed nowadays.. doom was a total ripoff heh

Major Alan Schaefer

*cough* Halo *cough*

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 29, 2007, 12:59:42 AM
Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 12:58:15 AM

I would think the father of all of these bastard children should make sure to keep on the straight and narrow more.

Even camerons ideas are getting destroyed nowadays.. doom was a total ripoff heh

doom was awful. And not just because dwayne "the rock" johnson was in it.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 12:51:29 AM
Well, lets observe your point...why didn't they scan her in AR....what would they Scan her with?
can't be seen on inferead, Xray?

Ash's old a$$ scanner was able to digitally x-ray the facehugger on Kane's face without any problem, infact his equipment was spitting out chemical readouts and clearly showed the tube down his throat was feeding him 'something'...it's simple logic to assume that in the time frame Rez takes place in, the scientist's equipment was far more advanced and able to detect this secondary reproduction method easily...

Quoteand lets say they did see it..how would they know what it was...lets even say they did know what it was...they could tell when its in this stage its right before she starts egg laying. the General didn't care about the science crap he wanted the facts..that's what they gave

Exactly...he wanted quick results...you are arguing that the vomit idea is to produce protection for the predqueen quickly...under this stipulation if the vomit idea existed, it would have been prudent for the team to tell this to the head of operations...

Major Alan Schaefer

good points Gates, but i can respond to them

Why they didn't tell the General...they didn't have hosts then and new telling him wouldn't make a diffrence....

Second, true about the scanners but they didn't look like they had anything to scan her with? everytime they scanned anything else it was under a scaner not in a big room

Space Disc Jockey

I'm just saying that when I read about this PredAlien regurgitation method, it made me think of  "The Hidden" and how the creatures are passed from one host to another. I'm not saying the chestbursters will EXACTLY be passed like that, but probably very similiar and to me, that COULD work.

If we use my theory of what a young Queen does, when there are no Alien drones around to help, this regurgitation method makes sense, IMO.

Or maybe the PredAlien has its own method (seperate reproduction cycle from the Aliens, after it's born normally from a Predator host). Maybe it takes on it's own type of reproduction cycle, which is different than the Aliens. Sure, that would complicate things, but I'm trying to make this logical.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed