Alien Experience is Down

Started by Quarax, Dec 08, 2014, 06:33:25 AM

Author
Alien Experience is Down (Read 5,518 times)

Quarax

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Well, shit. :(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Their Facebook page is still up. But no mention of anything.

It's a shame to see them go. They were the last of the original websites still up.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Looks like it is back up.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

God, I haven't seen that website for years, brain just jumped back to 2007.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, that's not much of the old community left.  :-\

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 21, 2015, 08:36:43 AM
Yeah, that's not much of the old community left.  :-\
I guess there's not much to talk about now. The AVP films (really the last one) did more damage than good and Prometheus just left everybody confused. Its got to a point in which admitting you are an Alien and Predator fan, in the real world, comes of as a bit embarrassing, in some cases.

Though Predators was a strong film in the series, taking what we know and adding some new stuff, in a good way, without contradicting the other canon.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nah - not at all. Alien Isolation has been a big hit. Fire and Stone has provided a lot of talking material and so has the Titan trilogy to a lesser degree.

Plus we've got 2 new films coming up soon. I imagine it'll be quieter until the news starts coming out more regularly about them.

I just mean in terms of the older websites, they're dwindling down.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I suppose, I guess I just really haven't been following the news as much as I used. I guess I learned not to take it all to seriously as much as I used to. Though I have been collecting the new comic series, though I am not going to read them until I have all of them and I am thinking of giving isolation another go, the detail to everything in that game is mind blowing.

I haven't even been on my own A & P websites in years, can't even remember half the names of them.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Haven't you played Isolation yet?

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Yeah, I did it, on 360, then a week later, through a deal at my work, I ended up with an Xbone, so I want to try it on that, eventually.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Alien Isolation has been a breath of fresh air and I myself went as far as to go get every achievement (Xbox One), download and play Crew Expendable and Last Survivor, and I got the season pass at $15 as opposed to $30. It's been a huge breath of fresh air considering Aliens: Colonial Marines made me want to jump backwards off a platform with my arms out into a big pit of fire.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Jan 21, 2015, 04:54:02 PM
Yeah, I did it, on 360, then a week later, through a deal at my work, I ended up with an Xbone, so I want to try it on that, eventually.

Haha! Do it! Then you can start getting the extras. I love Isolation so much. I'm not ashamed to say I mostly buy Alien and Halo games now. xD

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 22, 2015, 08:20:40 AM
Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Jan 21, 2015, 04:54:02 PM

Haha! Do it! Then you can start getting the extras. I love Isolation so much. I'm not ashamed to say I mostly buy Alien and Halo games now. xD

It is an amazing game, problem is with me, I burn out so easy on stealth based games. I can only play one every few months before I get tired of them, no matter what it. I have to kind of cool of with some dumb shooter or hack and slash type game before going back to something stealth based.

But I did pick up the XBONE version yesterday, but I am still completing Far Cry 4, which is really long for some reason.

Darkblade 25

Darkblade 25

Well hot dam that makes me sad :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed