Tactical Multiplayer Trailer

Started by ikarop, Jan 30, 2013, 06:25:20 PM

Author
Tactical Multiplayer Trailer (Read 45,196 times)

MR EL1M1NATOR

MR EL1M1NATOR

For me, it wasn't so much the weird abilities all the variations of Xeno had, but that they all look so different and the designs are awful. If all the xeno's looked the same, but could do different things, then it would make things interesting. You wouldn't know if it was going to explode, or shoot acid at you from a distance or whatever. But instead, you can see the variants from a mile off so they lose all surprise, and you can just exploit whatever each one's weakness is.

Also, it would look a bit more truthful that they were making a canonical sequel to Aliens instead of this blatant lie which they still keep telling.

On a whole I thought this was the best approach to a trailer they've done in a while, but it still just looks really bland.

SM

SM

QuoteDunno, I'd rather the dots not be red - its one of the few ways this game could add suspense (from what we have seen so far). Is that my team mate or... ah f**k!

Indeed.

The Runner

The Runner

Wonde if there is going to be any new aliens?

Njm1983

Njm1983

Quote from: SM on Jan 30, 2013, 11:14:58 PM
* Your personaly definition of "mostly" may vary.  :)

51% is still mostly ;)

Slaine

Slaine

I'm really not liking the voice acting for this game. Every single gameplay video has featured awful voices. I just can't take this game seriously when they all sound horrible with bad dialogue.

That being said the rest of the sound design seems great.

UDA

UDA

Quote from: MR EL1M1NATOR on Jan 31, 2013, 12:12:29 AM
For me, it wasn't so much the weird abilities all the variations of Xeno had, but that they all look so different and the designs are awful. If all the xeno's looked the same, but could do different things, then it would make things interesting. You wouldn't know if it was going to explode, or shoot acid at you from a distance or whatever. But instead, you can see the variants from a mile off so they lose all surprise, and you can just exploit whatever each one's weakness is.

Also, it would look a bit more truthful that they were making a canonical sequel to Aliens instead of this blatant lie which they still keep telling.

I second that. It would have been a much better approach, especially in multiplayer as a marine. You'd keep wondering what the next alien can do.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Would have been better if the Red Dots were some sort of Multi-Player customization for players that earned that specific perk.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I thought this trailer was a lot better than the kick ass trailer. The voice over on the Tactical trailer was complete crap though, Cruz's was at least tolerable.
The "smoke screen" affect looks like it came from the spitter, so maybe its the only xeno that has this ability? It seemed to only happen when it died so here's to hoping it cant be spammed. Everything else looked pretty good to me, i dont know why everyone gets so bent out of shape over these two recent trailers "well this trailer makes me not want to buy the game". These trailers obviously aren't meant to be used on hardcore fans, but rather casual players to spark interest.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SM on Jan 30, 2013, 11:06:27 PM
Exactly.  Ditch all this canon wank and just say "We wanted to make it as fun as possible and in order to do that, we had to make shit up go beyond the films."

This... This, so hard. Been saying this for ages.

IR-tracking can kind of be shrugged at and ignored/glossed over, but...

Why, Gearbox? Why? You could've chosen so many different ways to provide a genuinely scary, formidable portrayal of Aliens and you thought it would be a good idea to make them... Belch swamp gas. In what possible world did you conceive of this and think it would be a good idea?

Gas-shitting Aliens... The April Fool's joke which, somehow, wasn't.

Is Pitchford even aware that Aliens and Tyranids aren't the same thing...?

acrediblesource

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 31, 2013, 12:27:27 AM
Would have been better if the Red Dots were some sort of Multi-Player customization for players that earned that specific perk.

Cuz fans everywhere are just eager to make them dots green or opaque!

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 30, 2013, 10:46:11 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Jan 30, 2013, 10:37:48 PM
Didn't Gearbox also screw "authenticity" with the motion tracker; red dots instead of white ones like in the film?

That and about most of the whole game as well.
[Warning incoming extreme sarcasm] What ?! You wanna tell me that you, for some strange reason dislike the generic, expressionless, stiff, stop motion picture like animations for both xenos and marines alike.
Are you out of you mind !?! Even in 2013 this shit looks amazing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_UDtPobkyI#

acrediblesource

Watching the trailer, I'm seeing tons of the Slow motion action shots. Any chance that these parts are actually in the multiplayer game? I mean between mission objectives possibly? or reaching certain locations?
I think it would be a flawed approach if this trailer is the one and only time we get to see stuff like this depicting the ingame multiplayer combat.  It gives us such a cool cinematic feel. Don't tell me that that exceeds 'authenticity" whatever the f**k that means. im sure by now that term 'authenticity" was just used as a media hype tool.

Predaker

Predaker

This looks like it might be a new game mode that we will have to pay extra for as DLC. I thought it was team deathmatch but there are seven marines and at one point I heard, "we lost Sanchez and Malone" while five marines were still alive.

Accidental leak? The original video was set to private within minutes of being posted this morning.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 30, 2013, 10:46:11 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Jan 30, 2013, 10:37:48 PM
Didn't Gearbox also screw "authenticity" with the motion tracker; red dots instead of white ones like in the film?

That and about most of the whole game as well.

There is only one thing GBX can do now to save face for this game:  They have to reveal to everyone that the smoke screen comes out of the xenos ass and that the whole game is just a comical take on some familiar characters from a movie they all love.  Or they could just reveal to everyone that they mistook the meaning of "canon" as something serious with the type of cannon you see a clown get fired out of at a circus.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Goddamn I think Gearbox really outdone themselves with this trailer.

Easily one of the worst they've put out, the dialogue was just terrible, it's like they just grabbed a bunch of people to phone it in, really ruined the entire trailer for me, not that it was that good anyway.

The alien animation really stuck out in this trailer too, it's freaking terrible, like they're not even reacting to the environment at all.

Bah, if they stopped releasing trailers it would really make me look forward to the game more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed