What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 596,191 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Bill wouldn't send tornados.

Just dry heat.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 21, 2019, 08:42:37 PM
Bill wouldn't send tornados.

Just dry heat.

We haven't had dry heat in awhile.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Did you watch Twister after it was all done?

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 22, 2019, 07:11:30 AM
Did you watch Twister after it was all done?

Wish I did. They've had it on TV a lot where I am, but yesterday wasn't one of those days. Plus I was at work.

I did find out that it's not on the National Film Registry yet, so I filled out a form to have it nominated, along with Aliens and Watership Down.

LastSonofKrypton

Stomach bug for the last two days.

Good lord

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

U got dem flaming shits

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 22, 2019, 07:03:51 PM
U got dem flaming shits

I certainly have

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I got the shits at NTC once. 

I would have to run to the one porta shitter (which the inside was 1000 degrees) 100 yards from the TOC, take a shit that was nothing but water, and then run back to the TOC for radio watch for like the first three days. 

I was so dehydrated they had to give me a IV in the jugular. 

TheSailingRabbit

Didn't sleep too well last night.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 23, 2019, 01:36:38 AM

I would have to run to the one porta shitter (which the inside was 1000 degrees) 100 yards from the TOC, take a shit that was nothing but water, and then run back to the TOC for radio watch for like the first three days. 

Jesus.  At what point do they decide that you're too sick and send you to the infirmary?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 23, 2019, 06:45:18 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 23, 2019, 01:36:38 AM

Jesus.  At what point do they decide that you're too sick and send you to the infirmary?

When you collapse, most likely.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

These are Army 12bs mang.  The MOS that legitimately tries to outdo the infantry at every turn.  Our leadership was always OBSESSED with outdoing the infantry.  They get five hours sleep?  We'd get four.  They'd do a four mile ruck march with no kit on a two day drill just to stay in shape?  We'd do seven in full battle rattle.  They'd go back to the barracks on a two day drill (because honestly what is the f**king point of sleeping outside for ONE NIGHT) we'd go pick the lowest lying wetland and pop up bug nets (at least these things kept you from being ate up by Kentucky mosquitos).   The infantry legitimately had me wishing I'd have went infantry because their leadership was task oriented instead of focused on toughness.  They'd get their shit down for the day and be done.  We'd get our shit done for the day and have to come up with two dozen menial task to look like we never had a dull moment. 

They didn't realize to outdo the infantry you'd actually have to work on battle drills continually.  Instead we'd always f**k around with demo and breaching wired obstacles.  We were good at both, and some of us older guys who'd been deployed and to a lot of schools could usually fall into the infantry squads we were attached to fairly easily, but our younger guys continually looked like a bag of ass when thrown with an infantry squad because of our companies utter unwillingness to train them on battle drills and instead focusing on demo and obstacle emplacement/breaches. 

When we went on our ATs the shit was amplified 100 times. 

I have had heatstroke before, and only went to the hospital AFTER I successfully completed a covert breech on a wire obstacle.  I staggered back to the starting point and faceplanted in front of the cadre and leadership with a 104.5 internal core temp.  It was like a movie.  I kept almost passing out and then somebody would slap me in the face to keep me awake.  I have a bunch of half memories where dudes were pouring water on my face out of canteens, grabbing my face and telling me to stay awake, ambulance rides, and waking up as they were taking me to the ER in a panic because my vision was so blurry that when they were pushing me to the ER on the gurney I thought I was flying toward the bright light because I was dead. 

100 percent truth.  Not bullshitting.

I'm glad my deployment was as a Redleg and not as an Engineer with those fools. 

Good times.  I miss it. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Just tell me you didn't eat the boogers out of a dead man's nose then ask for seconds.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

we would have if we would've seen the infantry do it first

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Ever have any problems with the MPs?  I got a vet buddy who absolutely loathed them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed