What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 596,243 times)

TheSailingRabbit

Sometimes my writing likes to kick me in the ass, to the point where I don't want to work on anything else until I finally break through the writer's block.

TheSailingRabbit

There's too much to describe. Don't know how to word it. I'd give anything for a real hug right now. I've never wanted to shut down this much since leaving boot camp.

Huggs

Huggs

My little one finally started to rebound over the last 24 hours but it's just not enough. It's becoming obvious he's just looking at a slower death, but death nonetheless. I'll know by tomorrow morning for certain. If that's the way of it, I'll have to say my goodbyes.

I've lost so many family members and animals within the last few years. But he was always there, an absolute constant and an endless supply of love during the worst of times. I've never known an animal so closely, nor been known by one to such an extent. I feel as if I'm losing my child, and I'm breaking into a thousand pieces. I don't know how to handle this.

I cannot believe I'm going to be digging a grave for my baby boy. It's been 4 of the best years of my life, and I'd give everything I have in this world to have had just another month with him. I feel utterly lost.

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 27, 2019, 10:59:24 PM
There's too much to describe. Don't know how to word it. I'd give anything for a real hug right now. I've never wanted to shut down this much since leaving boot camp.

I'm right there with you. Hang tough, there's fresh air and life on the other side of the fire.

My little one is dead.

The Old One

The Old One

I am ill.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Hope you feel better soon.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Registered on Reddit.

First tried to upload a profile picture. Didn't save when I exited the page. Tried for an hour, then gave up. Some problem with the new layout. Made a new post in a subreddit that seemed interesting. Didn't show up. Deleted post, tried again. Got the message that 'I'm doing it too much, try again in 10 minutes.' Ok wtf? Waited 10 minutes, tried again. Still nothing. Complain in help sub. Get told I need karma and upvotes for my posts to show up. Told them this was stupid and that this dumb rule actually chases people away. Get myself banned from the subreddit because they don't like my reply.

Deactive Reddit account. F*** that site.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 31, 2019, 11:52:00 AM
I am ill.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Your avp family is here with you. Feel better Old One.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 31, 2019, 10:27:17 PM
I am ill.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Your a̶v̶p̶ Alien & Predator family is here with you. Feel better Old One.

Corrected for Old One's benefit.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 31, 2019, 10:39:32 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Mar 31, 2019, 10:27:17 PM
I am ill.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Your a̶v̶p̶ Alien & Predator family is here with you. Feel better Old One.

Corrected for Old One's benefit.

But I'm a carrier alien

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Just a lot going on right now. My dog injured himself, had to get surgery. Won't know how bad it is until tomorrow. We think he got himself stuck really badly by a branch that was sticking out of a small tree in our backyard so we got them trimmed back to the trunk, hoping that's the last of it and he won't get hurt again.

My cousin also got robbed and had something of a mental breakdown. Insisted that he had to visit our granddad, so he did and from what I hear he's doing better now but that shit scared me. I was on the phone with him and he had to tell a roommate or someone to stay away from him. I thought he might legitimately hurt someone if he didn't stay on the phone with me.

Pretty shitty day

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Deathbearer on Apr 01, 2019, 02:24:17 AM
Just a lot going on right now. My dog injured himself, had to get surgery. Won't know how bad it is until tomorrow. We think he got himself stuck really badly by a branch that was sticking out of a small tree in our backyard so we got them trimmed back to the trunk, hoping that's the last of it and he won't get hurt again.

My cousin also got robbed and had something of a mental breakdown. Insisted that he had to visit our granddad, so he did and from what I hear he's doing better now but that shit scared me. I was on the phone with him and he had to tell a roommate or someone to stay away from him. I thought he might legitimately hurt someone if he didn't stay on the phone with me.

Pretty shitty day

Sorry to hear it. I hope your dog is okay.

This week just seems like it's coming after everybody.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 01, 2019, 02:45:42 AM
Quote from: Deathbearer on Apr 01, 2019, 02:24:17 AM

Pretty shitty day

Sorry to hear it. I hope your dog is okay.

This week just seems like it's coming after everybody.

Thanks, I really appreciate it man.

I've got enough stress as it is trying to study for Grad school while balancing the other bullshit I have to do to finish my undergrad program, last thing I need is more drama in my life.

MudButt

MudButt

This is a mixed event but probably leans more towards not looking forward to this..

Just had an interview this morning that went very well. Got the call to come back in Monday to meet more of the team. It's looking like I'll get the offer on Monday as well.

My current job I've been at a year and the company is a joke. Very unorganized and for a team of 7 employees the turnover rate is insane. In the 13 months I've been here 10 people have been fired or quit. I had inquired about an annual review on my 12 month mark because they never approached me and they scheduled one this week and it never happened. Not sure how anyone gets a raise here so I decided to apply to a few places..

I get to work today after my interview excited for a new start with a great company and I see on the calendar my review has been rescheduled for Monday. It looks like I may have to give my 2 week notice on the same day I potentially get a good review and raise.

To make matters worse, the guy who's position I would potentially transition into was fired today....

Should be a fun Monday.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh man, that's an annoying situation. I can sympathise with the crap company. I get some perks locally but working for my current company has given me a real appreciate of how realistic a shitshow the internal communications of Weyland-Yutani are and how so many Alien projects can exist indepenent of each other.

Managed to wipe my phone today. There's security features on it that do it after so many failed password attempts (work). I was trying to pay for parking via an app and could not for the life of me recall the right password for the right account. One too many times and wipe.

TheSailingRabbit

I don't know what made me sadder: the fact that it's snowing, or that Hicks doesn't know what a geography bowl is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed