Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 739,672 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Yes, I will agree about the graphics. Definitely seem like they toned down the amount of details.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Please tell me - in which game do banished appear? I heard it was Halo Wars 2. But what about the main line of games? Halo 4 / 5? Are they there?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Is Halo Infinite supposed to look like an early Xbox One game?  :laugh:

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 23, 2020, 05:59:13 PM
Quote from: Deathbearer on Jul 23, 2020, 05:17:53 PM
So what happened to evil Cortana?

Looks like they're going for a Destiny model, with new campaigns to follow yearly in an evolving world. I guess Cortana will be one of the followup storylines to this.

>:C

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 23, 2020, 07:33:11 PM
Is Halo Infinite supposed to look like an early Xbox One game?  :laugh:

Maybe Infinite refers to the number of downloadable updates you need to make it look decent.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's a Halo tradition!

This showcase was thoroughly underwhelming so I'm more convinced than ever that Microsoft should buy WB Games.  Having Mortal Kombat, Injustice and the Arkham series as Xbox/Windows exclusives would be a huge coup for them.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

To be honest, after how overwhelmingly busy everything looked in 4 and 5, I actually like the less detailed designs we have here.

My concern lies with how they're going to be handling the open world elements. And the story, since I haven't really cared for the stories outside of the Bungie games.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 23, 2020, 08:20:49 PM
To be honest, after how overwhelmingly busy everything looked in 4 and 5, I actually like the less detailed designs we have here.

My concern lies with how they're going to be handling the open world elements. And the story, since I haven't really cared for the stories outside of the Bungie games.

I'm torn. I remember playing Halo Anniversary for the first time and disliking how busy everything looked with the new design. But Infinite still looks a bit underwhelming to me.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Destiny's trash, Halo's on its last lifeline and, this reveal totally underwhelmed.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jul 23, 2020, 11:02:26 PM
Destiny's trash, Halo's on its last lifeline and, this reveal totally underwhelmed.

I've never tried Destiny.  Isn't it a shlooter?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Destiny's trash, but I'm not here to talk its specifics, Halos moreso, speaking of, the first Anniversary treatment failed to hit the mark of the original with lots of porting from Reach, but the MCC Anniversary treatment succeeded primarily because, the spirit of the original remained majority intact.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 23, 2020, 11:06:20 PM
I've never tried Destiny.  Isn't it a shlooter?

Yep, it is. And it is the only one I've ever been able to get into. The overall narrative was kind of screwed at the start, due to some in house issues, but over the years as expansions fixed things, it grew into something I really love. Especially with where the story is currently, with the ongoing "Season of Arrivals" and the lead in to the upcoming "Beyond Light" expansion, though to explain that wouldn't really make sense to someone not intimately familiar with the game. :D Even when the in-game story was messy early on in the lifecycle, the published lore was phenomenal, and as time has gone on, all of that has begun integrating into the game in some really great ways.

Destiny in its current state gives me that sense of awe that Halo, in its peak 2001-2010 Bungie run, did. The stories and worlds are totally different, and the way that they are experienced is vastly different, but that inkling of being part of a universe grander than yourself, among these ancient constructs and concepts far beyond your own rationalizing of the universe? Second to none in gaming, at least in my experience. Nobody really designs an expansive sci-fi video game universe quite like Bungie does.

All that being said, the two games are TOTALLY different experiences, and 343 Industries attempting to inject elements of Destiny into Halo feels very... not appropriate for Halo.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Bungie's nothing without Joseph Staten.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

A lot of the foundation of his ideas are still being built upon in current Destiny. But yeah, I do really miss him being part of the team. Marty, too. Activation really f**ked that all over. Thankfully, Activation is all out of the picture now.

Staten apparently wrote a short Halo novella recently. I wonder if that's any good?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Current day Bungie's utterly hollow in my opinion, the only reason it's staying afloat being a combination of, genuinely good mechanics unfortunately deeply entrenched in FOMO and RNG, but I agree mainly it's the publishers fault for the current situation in the first place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed