Halo (Read 739,556 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: DC on Sep 01, 2013, 10:44:32 PM
Halo < Doom
k, trying to troll again i see

Nightlord

Nightlord

QuoteThe news comes via Axis Animation, the company responsible for the reveal trailer. Posting on its official Facebook page, the organisation inadvertently revealed the name of the next Halo installment.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/427182/halo-for-xbox-one-is-called-halo-5/

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Halo... 5?! GET OUTTA TOWN!

They've really taken the title continuity for an unexpected turn.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

At least they took 'for Xbox One' out of the title now :D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Halo 5: ONE

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 31, 2013, 12:41:44 PM
Just wondering, has anyone played Halo: Spartan Assault? I just want to have an idea of what it is like if I decide to get it.

Played it on a friend's Surface tablet. It was cool, a top down 3rd person shooter. He had a mouse so it was easy to play, but i heard there is controller support software in the works. It would really rock as a dual stick shooter. It's very much like Geometry Wars in that respect, but you have linear levels with all sorts of Covenant rushing you and you can use most of the weaponry, primarily dual SMGS, shotgun, sniper and rockets. You have objectives throughout the level and you're graded at the end on your overall skill. Medals included, like Killing Spree and Double Kill, Triple, etc.

I would recommend it.

Quote from: Nightlord on Sep 02, 2013, 05:10:46 AM
QuoteThe news comes via Axis Animation, the company responsible for the reveal trailer. Posting on its official Facebook page, the organisation inadvertently revealed the name of the next Halo installment.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/427182/halo-for-xbox-one-is-called-halo-5/

Pleased to see no bull name changes lol

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Sep 02, 2013, 03:17:55 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 31, 2013, 12:41:44 PM
Just wondering, has anyone played Halo: Spartan Assault? I just want to have an idea of what it is like if I decide to get it.

Played it on a friend's Surface tablet. It was cool, a top down 3rd person shooter. He had a mouse so it was easy to play, but i heard there is controller support software in the works. It would really rock as a dual stick shooter. It's very much like Geometry Wars in that respect, but you have linear levels with all sorts of Covenant rushing you and you can use most of the weaponry, primarily dual SMGS, shotgun, sniper and rockets. You have objectives throughout the level and you're graded at the end on your overall skill. Medals included, like Killing Spree and Double Kill, Triple, etc.

I would recommend it.

Cool, thanks. Maybe I'll wind up grabbing it for my laptop. Wish they would just put it in the XBLA Marketplace, though.

The Runner

The Runner

I wonder what this new threat that hunts down sentient life is?

The flood appearing again?

Oh and if any of you read silentium....

Spoiler
The Flood are the precursors
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Runner on Sep 02, 2013, 03:41:47 PM
Spoiler
The Flood are the precursors
[close]

Huh, that's interesting. Care to elaborate a little bit?

Spoiler
Is the Gravemind in 2 and 3 the last Precursor?
[close]

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

No flood, please.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Nah, there's way too much story left in them to simply ditch them for good.

Bring back the Flood, the Arbiter (and human-allied Elites in general), and the Brutes.

Sabby

Sabby

The Brutes were never really implemented that well. Like pretty much everything else, the games are terrified of exploring their own lore because they'll lose their main customers attention.

underbound

underbound

I wish they would stop changing designs. Halo2 had an excuse cuz it was new armor for MC and ancient for arbiter. But 4 made everything a new damn species. Untill they give a reason why everything looks like it was in an acid vat,im a be dissapointed emotionally with the series.

Sabby

Sabby

Not sure I understand. Acid vat?

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: underbound on Sep 03, 2013, 01:14:05 AM
I wish they would stop changing designs. Halo2 had an excuse cuz it was new armor for MC and ancient for arbiter. But 4 made everything a new damn species. Untill they give a reason why everything looks like it was in an acid vat,im a be dissapointed emotionally with the series.

K.

I'll just sit back and enjoy where the series is heading. 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed