Recent posts

Criterion and Janus Films Sell to Indian Paintbrush Founder Steven Rales

QuoteIndian Paintbrush founder Steven Rales has purchased Criterion and Janus Films.

The mission and leadership of the companies will not change following the private transaction.

Screen Daily was first to report the news of the sale. "We have grown our brands and audience with dedication to a set of values reflected in the films we release, the way we release them, and the way we conduct our business with our valued partners around the world," said Criterion and Janus Films president Peter Becker told the outlet. "We are excited to continue that legacy and pursue new opportunities now available through this relationship."

Janus Films was founded in 1954 by Bryant Haliday and Cyrus Harvey, Jr., and has since become the preeminent distributor of international classic films in the United States. Recent films include "Drive My Car," "Evil Does Not Exist," "EO" and "The Beast." On Monday, Sideshow and Janus films acquired all North American rights to Payal Kapadia's "All We Imagine as Light," the first Indian film to screen in official competition at the Cannes Film Festival in 30 years.

Janus Films serves as the sister distribution arm of Criterion, which specializes in high-end titles and premium home video releasing, selling classic films to cinephiles. Founded in 1984, Criterion pioneered the letterbox format for widescreen films, providing bonus features, special editions, soundtracks, multi-disc sets and definitive versions of classics.

Rales' Indian Paintbrush is a film production company that has produced and financed all of Wes Anderson's films since 2007. It launched Galerie, led by Andy Shapiro, in November 2023 as an immersive film club that combines movie collections, original videos, writings, live screenings and discussions.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/criterion-janus-films-sell-indian-paintbrush-steven-rales-1236011122/
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by ace3g - Today at 03:24:39 PM
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus - Fandango ...
Last post by Mr.M - Today at 03:22:31 PM
Looks good. Being that it is a set photo, the film will look better. Can't wait for this to come out.
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 03:22:08 PM
The lighting/light sources actually remind me a bit of this production still from Aliens:

Maybe it's just the way the tungsten glow is bouncing off of the hive material.
I know it's just a production still but it's a bit overlit.

Hopefully the actual film will be much darker.
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Today at 03:17:38 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Today at 02:41:37 PMEDIT: Here's Fandango's original upload. The Bloody Disgusting repost of it is a bit cropped, this one shows off more of the hive imagery:

https://x.com/Fandango/status/1792914519301185727

^^Yay! :)👉👈 Meat with potatoes!🥩🥔 <3

...even if this movie👀☝️ is a fanserve fest lol😅🙏 without much to contribute to the lore, but god it feels good!🤤 the dirty, rusty cassette futurism of the original films!!!📽🎬 *pure nostalgia***

~😪🤧👉👈...cos Godf**k aye, Covenant might be less luxurious and more industrial than Prometheus; but it still looked like new hardware to me.

That being said, I can't wait for the new trailer! 8)🙏

Although🤓👉👈✨️🌈🌌👀 I am still very excited about the Noah Hawley TV series

8)👉👈
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus director ha...
Last post by Mr.M - Today at 03:16:06 PM
New pic has been posted by Mike Monsters, entering the hive.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed