Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by aliens13 - Today at 07:35:30 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 05:48:12 PMI have the feeling no one will survive this movie anyways...
Nobody should survive in this movie, it will be inconsistent with the main series if anyone survives
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Avengelyne
Last post by Kradan - Today at 07:22:04 PM
An angel who fights the forces of evil in a bdsm outfit
Predator Films / Re: Dan Trachtenberg To Direct...
Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 07:20:37 PM
I think her role is more about managing teams and locations than anything else, but I can stress to her how important the OG face is to the nerds online lol.
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by Kradan - Today at 07:11:50 PM
You screw with me one more time, I'll cut you in half
General Discussion / Re: The Lovecraft Thread
Last post by Thatguy2068 - Today at 07:05:33 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Today at 06:21:29 PMZdzisław Beksiński + Lovecraft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYjFoB8kShg
I'm Getting heavy scorn feeling about this game and that's not a good thing
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Dune Remake
Last post by Ingwar - Today at 06:59:55 PM
;D

Chani: He is not the messiah, he is just a naughty boy
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 06:40:15 PM
Quote from: cucuchu on Today at 02:54:28 PMIt's kind of hard to judge how this will factor into plot economics since we don't know the run-time of the movie but I'm all for it if adds to the world-building. It also really needs to sets the stage for what is at stake & incentivizing them to venture out to an abandoned research station in the first place which would add weight to the impact of the success or failure of the mission.

I appreciate that Fede really does not want to overexpose the film prior to release and feel that some viral marketing dealing with the JACKSON colony could of been a nice way to satiate our desire for information without showing any of the actual film. Something like an in-universe promotional video soliciting volunteers for the JACKSON colony. Maybe an interview with a colonist 20 years prior to Romulus, where there happens to be a very, very slight flicker in the sky in the corner, barely visible & no attention drawn to it, that may or may not be the Nostromo blowing up (assuming the colony has been there a while and I this takes place in the same star system as Alien). Just ideas of course, but these things cost money. But if sets are already built, why not?

I love this idea, but viral marketing's not the giant it used to be. It's not likely we get anything like that.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed