ACM Status Update #2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 19, 2010, 11:24:40 AM

Author
ACM Status Update #2 (Read 157,257 times)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 18, 2010, 11:10:21 PM
they never said they would release them other than through PAX.
Why not? What are they hidding? I know what - nothing, because they cant show us anything more than some 2 years(at best) old screens. They have lets say 30 old screens, never released to the public just in case and now they release 2-3 screens every year to keep the fire in you. Now you will say I am trolling but no, you are blinded by this game. This game is a myth, a ghost and you are keeping it alive. I wanted this game as much as you do but not anymore. GBX cant break my dreams and my hopes anymore. The only thing that can make me believe is a at least 2 min gameplay trailer, NO CAM quality, but we will never see this trailer folks.

Brother

Brother

Nah, you're hung up on the game as much as the rest of us, otherwise you wouldn't be trollin' so hard. You and the few other guys who represent the myth theory.

chupacabras acheronsis

I told you guys this was going be the next Duke Nukem.

I TOLD YOU.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Brother on Nov 19, 2010, 08:38:56 PM
Nah, you're hung up on the game as much as the rest of us, otherwise you wouldn't be trollin' so hard. You and the few other guys who represent the myth theory.
In our case the troll is a person who says that A:CM will be released, because in fact it will never be released  :P

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

The funny part is, comparing this game to DNF is no longer valid... Since that game is in fact coming out.

It would almost be easier for them to take three or so more screens shots (talking about PAX here where it was at least in-engine) than to go digging around those "30 magical back-up shots" you claim they have.

Brother

Brother

Whelp, time to update the ignore list.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Nov 19, 2010, 10:48:37 PM
I told you guys this was going be the next Duke Nukem.

I TOLD YOU.
Well since DNF is getting released something has to fill that void that DNF once occupied right?  :P

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 20, 2010, 12:09:40 AM
The funny part is, comparing this game to DNF is no longer valid... Since that game is in fact coming out.

No man please dont say that! For me DNF was the bottom of gaming and now A:CM is the new DNF. What god damn destiny...

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I'd hardly compare two to four years of silent development to DNF's 12 years.

DragonBossk

DragonBossk

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 21, 2010, 05:17:51 AM
I'd hardly compare two to four years of silent development to DNF's 12 years.

Agreed, the same goes will other anticipated games like HL2 Ep3 (or what may now just be HL3). Though if they don't release it by about 2013 then graphically it will be outdated, so lets hope the gameplay is up to scratch.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: DragonBossk on Nov 22, 2010, 12:47:22 PM
Though if they don't release it by about 2013 then graphically it will be outdated.

Not necessarily. Of course it is possible but I am sure they are aware of what happens when a game is in development for too long.  Hopefully that won't happen to A:CM.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Agreed, the same goes will other anticipated games like HL2 Ep3 (or what may now just be HL3). Though if they don't release it by about 2013 then graphically it will be outdated, so lets hope the gameplay is up to scratch.

Thankfully, the HL series has always been able to rely on top-notch storytelling which is the best way to overlook slightly dated graphics imo.   ;D

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 23, 2010, 06:19:15 PM
Of course it is possible but I am sure they are aware of what happens when a game is in development for too long.  Hopefully that won't happen to A:CM.

How long is "too long" for a game to be in development?  I'd say GBX is pushing it no matter which way you look at it.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Ash 937 on Nov 25, 2010, 05:36:00 AM

Thankfully, the HL series has always been able to rely on top-notch storytelling which is the best way to overlook slightly dated graphics imo.   ;D

I'd put Half-Life's gameplay, physics and modding community way before story when it comes to a reason for playing it. But story does count too.

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 23, 2010, 06:19:15 PM
Of course it is possible but I am sure they are aware of what happens when a game is in development for too long.  Hopefully that won't happen to A:CM.

How long is "too long" for a game to be in development?  I'd say GBX is pushing it no matter which way you look at it.

Too long is waiting for ALIEN 5, Not the Prequels, an actual ALIEN 5, to be released before giving us news about A:CM.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 25, 2010, 07:26:02 PM

Too long is waiting for ALIEN 5, Not the Prequels, an actual ALIEN 5, to be released before giving us news about A:CM.

How long has Alien 5 been in development hell for?  I think its funny that they are developing both the Alien Prequel and Alien 5 at the same time.  This sorta reminds me of how AvP3 and A:CM were both in development for the same time at one point.

Wow...Alien 5 is in development just like A:CM!  Thanks for giving me the heads up about it, Chris.  I had no idea.  Hopefully FOX doesn't get in the way of it too much like they did with Alien3.  Any word on who the director will be this time around?

Gate

Gate

There is no Alien 5.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed