Recent posts

General Game Discussion / Re: Indie Horror Games
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Today at 02:44:55 AM

The original DVD release had different menus for each film. Alien and Aliens were more elaborate. For the Quad DVD they were all using the same theme. Blu-ray had a new theme but were also consistent with each other and nicking content from my website.

Don't know about 4K releases though.
Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 02:42:25 AM
Quote from: GrimmVision on Today at 02:31:57 AMI never want to sympathize with the Alien. If we ever get to that point in the films, the horror these creatures stir within my mind would be rendered null. Resurrection almost went there with the Newborn.

I absolutely appreciate the callback to original ideas by O'Bannon but I do think that Ridley relocating the ideas of a society with art and architecture to the Engineers was the better move. While it expands on old ideas being brought back and showcased within new films, it also keeps the scary, unknowable horror of the Alien.

I would, however, love to see Blomkamp's script realized through an audio drama, comic, or novelization!

I do think Resurrection gets away with what it did with the Newborn, by nature of the creature being so significantly human via the extraordinary circumstances of how it came to be. But that's an exception, not a rule.

I'm of two minds about this whole thing we're learning here about Blomkamp's ideas regarding the intelligence/degree of sentience from the Alien. On one hand, this is way more interesting a concept than I ever expected to see from Blomkamp's project. On the other, the execution of such an idea can be incredibly tacky in execution (and likely would have been, if the Kenner mech suits and some of the hybrids are anything to go by). Who knows how it would have played on screen, or what it would have done for/to the creature retroactively and moving forward.

I genuinely do want to see this done as a comic or book or something now, though. This new detail is the first little tidbit about the whole project that's really set a bit of a lightbulb off in my head, even if it is mostly in a "What If?" sort of way.
General Discussion / Sick Cults Thread 🛐🌌
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Today at 02:40:48 AM
Antares de la Luz, the cult leader who burned a newborn alive in Chile as part of a doomsday ritual. In November 2012, the group committed a brutal crime by burning a newborn alive on a bonfire😱

Last post by GrimmVision - Today at 02:31:57 AM
I never want to sympathize with the Alien. If we ever get to that point in the films, the horror these creatures stir within my mind would be rendered null. Resurrection almost went there with the Newborn but pulled back just as fast.

I absolutely appreciate the callback to original ideas by O'Bannon but I do think that Ridley relocating the ideas of a society with art and architecture to the Engineers was the better move. While it expands on old ideas being brought back and showcased within new films, it also keeps the scary, unknowable horror of the Alien.

I would, however, love to see Blomkamp's script realized through an audio drama, comic, or novelization!
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Today at 02:28:16 AM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 01:42:48 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 12:01:38 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Yesterday at 11:55:38 PM
Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 11:54:12 PMI'd read it as a novel or comic.

Aye, same.

Preferably with real art, if they go the comic route.

Sal Larroca then?
I think Sal is the quality the idea deserves.

:o there's room for Woman in the Dark in such a demented fan fiction-like narrative!

Last post by 0321recon - Today at 02:20:51 AM
Talk about dodging a bullet. Not a fan of what happened in Covenant, but you can chalk that to David creating a subspecies of the Xeno from Engineer blueprints, but what Neil wanted to...oh man. Nope.
Last post by solace97 - Today at 02:07:33 AM
Thank god this movie was never made.
Recreational Area / Re: Last TV Show You Watched
Last post by KiramidHead - Today at 02:01:43 AM
Twin Peaks: The Return E3-4

Some of these effects are pretty rough, good thing the overall package is otherwise great. Also, this show has the most random collection of cameos ever. I completely forgot about Meg Foster showing up.  :laugh:
Predator Films / Re: Dan Trachtenberg To Direct...
Last post by Huntsman - Today at 01:58:53 AM
A film set in the future that had the tone of the escape sequence from The Predator would have my interest.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed