Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 965,474 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Deathbearer on Jul 02, 2014, 01:57:00 PM
Diablo II

Got to Baal. Motherf**ker wont stop spawning enemies for me to fight. Got through a few waves until these demons I never seen before show up. Waaay too powerful for me. Gotta level grind, maybe kill a few bosses for loot.

His clone isn't enough, eh?

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Deathbearer on Jul 02, 2014, 01:57:00 PM
Diablo II

Got to Baal. Motherf**ker wont stop spawning enemies for me to fight. Got through a few waves until these demons I never seen before show up. Waaay too powerful for me. Gotta level grind, maybe kill a few bosses for loot.

Key to beating his minions without much hazzle, is controlling the engagement. They spawn in what is essentially a large maze, so simply stay in front of them, make them pursue you to where you can deal damage without taking too much in return. They can never corner/trap you in the maze. You could also hire a helper and use him as bait.

Beating Diablo is essentially the same tactic. Control the engagement. Tell when he's about to launch his fire attacks and get out of range/behind a corner when he does, deal damage, get back in cover. Repeat.

This gets me thinking - anyone here playing Diablo III? How is it? As good as II?

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Quote from: Eva on Jul 02, 2014, 04:39:07 PM
This gets me thinking - anyone here playing Diablo III? How is it? As good as II?

I played just a bit of II and I don't remember much from it(looong time ago) but III by far isn't as good as II the expansion fixed problems with the loot and added more replayability but it is still far from the second one. with the expansion monsters also 'level up' with you wich can make it a bit difficult if your gear is couple leves lower than your level.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Eva on Jul 01, 2014, 01:19:36 PM
Bought a couple of games on the Steam Summer sale - also the Total War titles too see if these kind of games are for me. If not, they were cheap and it's ok...

Be sure to check out the Westeros mod for Medieval II: Total War.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

L.A. Noire

Got started on the Homicide desk this morning. This is probably my favorite set of cases, but f**k me do I hate "The Golden Butterfly." You can do very well for the majority of it, but if you f**k up once near the end you get yelled at by the captain and get slapped with a one star rating.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Depends on your view. It's more action than RPG. Leveling is dumbed down. No skill tree so you get different skills based on level, limiting the way your build can play significantly and points are automatically put into your character based on class, taking away a lot of the choices you had in Diablo II. It's a fun game but it's not as good as II.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 02, 2014, 08:10:16 PM
L.A. Noire

Got started on the Homicide desk this morning. This is probably my favorite set of cases, but f**k me do I hate "The Golden Butterfly." You can do very well for the majority of it, but if you f**k up once near the end you get yelled at by the captain and get slapped with a one star rating.

I remember doing well on that case, and f**ked up at the end. :laugh: :'(

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

GTA: Online

Even more broke... I seriously need more high paying jobs, but the chances of finishing are very low without friends. One time I had to crack a safe alone but the Mercenaries wouldn't stop spawning, I must of killed nearly 100 mercenaries but they kept running up and shooting as soon as I started cracking the safe, until I finally died when I got too brave trying to get the safe open.

Minecraft

I have a new building design in the works, and my achievement minecart rail is half laid down, I need about 250 more meters of rail to reach about 500. Also got nice things in an abandoned mineshaft and a dungeon.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Silent Hill

Yeah, still pretty nerve wracking, especially for the PS1 era. The graphics are actually pretty damn good, too, and the detail is amazing for the time. Granted, most of the place names on the map are impossible to read to on modern TVs, but still. Oh, and the presence of a restaurant called "Poston Market" never ceases to amuse me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It is fun, but vanilla Diablo III is a bit boring after a while. Locations and enemies are no longer randomized and it feels more like an action game than an RPG. However, it is my understanding that the expansion, Reaper of Souls, returns the game to Diablo's heyday in that it feels more like D2.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 03, 2014, 12:11:17 PM

It is fun, but vanilla Diablo III is a bit boring after a while. Locations and enemies are no longer randomized and it feels more like an action game than an RPG. However, it is my understanding that the expansion, Reaper of Souls, returns the game to Diablo's heyday in that it feels more like D2.

Did some research, tried the free starter edition - the consensus seems to be (as you say) that the vanilla game was only sort of 'good'. It needs the expansion to truly shine. So I've bought the bundle with a 25% discount from Battlenet. Normally I'd wait for the price to come further down, but this is Blizzard (duh) and it's now I've got the time for playing this.

Hope it's at least half as fun as Diablo IIs expansion was. :)

PS: have you people seen the preview trailer of the sequel to Tomb Raider?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kLAyzmWnk4#ws

Looks great. :)

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

Took a few minutes to play the PC version of REAL BOXING.

Quite sad that it's the only boxing game for PC short of an emulated round of fight night on a GameCube emu...

Ok, back to work.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Time to kill this Larxene bitch.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jul 03, 2014, 09:15:38 PM
Time to kill this Larxene bitch.

Dat preparation brudda. Knock her ass to the f**king ground!

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

f**k YES! WOOOOOOOOH! I UTTERLY EVISCERATED HER AND TORE HER LIMB FROM LIMB SPLASHING HER BLOOD ALL OVER THE ROOM!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed