The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,923 times)

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 06, 2014, 06:25:32 PM
Quote from: Xenodog on Mar 06, 2014, 05:52:45 PMWhen it's not the children being eaten...Shasvre pls.

Hey, I liked Robb, but he did kind of have it coming. Maybe not in the way that he deserved it, but just like his father, he made one idiotic mistake after another. Like Bolton said.

"The high road is pretty, but you'll have a hard time marching your army down it."

Catelyn made a pretty enormous one in giving Jaimie away. And he didn't make that many mistakes. Only really marrying for love over honour.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Xenodog on Mar 06, 2014, 06:32:32 PMOnly really marrying for love over honour.

Beheading Karstark didn't do him any good either. Or marching his army to Riverrun so that Catelyn could attend the funeral of her father. Yes, noble and honourable, but since when did that turn out in anyone's favour in GoT? :laugh:

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 06, 2014, 06:38:10 PM
Quote from: Xenodog on Mar 06, 2014, 06:32:32 PMOnly really marrying for love over honour.

Beheading Karstark didn't do him any good either. Or marching his army to Riverrun so that Catelyn could attend the funeral of her father. Yes, noble and honourable, but since when did that turn out in anyone's favour in GoT? :laugh:

Oh right, yeah, forgot the Karstarks.  :-\
Marching his army to Riverrun wasn't that big a loss. Everyone seemed pretty scattered around the Wester and Riverlands at that point.

And true. You either die a great guy or live long enough to see yourself become an asshole tyrant.  :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Xenodog on Mar 06, 2014, 06:42:57 PMMarching his army to Riverrun wasn't that big a loss. Everyone seemed pretty scattered around the Wester and Riverlands at that point.

Perhaps not a major mistake, but it didn't do him any favours in the eyes of Karstark and Bolton. Maybe they would not have been so quick to disobey or betray had he just listened to their advice just once. :laugh:

Quote from: Xenodog on Mar 06, 2014, 06:42:57 PMAnd true. You either die a great guy or live long enough to see yourself become an asshole tyrant.  :laugh:

Or a fat drunk. ;)

Xenodog

Xenodog

I quite missed Robert in later series 1 / series 2. He was genuinely a good guy.

R.I.P Frathouse Baratheon.  :'(

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Xenodog on Mar 06, 2014, 06:51:48 PMI quite missed Robert in later series 1 / series 2. He was genuinely a good guy.

Eh, I don't know about that. The way he treated Cersei was far from the behaviour of a "good guy". Not to mention Jaime. Or any other Lannister.

I think the closest we come to a "good guy" in GoT is Margaery.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 06, 2014, 06:55:50 PM

Pfffft. Hodor all the way.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 06, 2014, 07:02:20 PM

Pfffft. Hodor all the way.

If you could understand what he's saying, you would think otherwise.

Evil and rotten to the core.

First Blood

First Blood

Hodor is a tired old piece of shit who

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Xenodog on Mar 06, 2014, 06:51:48 PMI quite missed Robert in later series 1 / series 2. He was genuinely a good guy.

Eh, I don't know about that. The way he treated Cersei was far from the behaviour of a "good guy". Not to mention Jaime. Or any other Lannister.

Yeah because Cersei, Jaime and the Lannisters are all great guys to begin with who'd never start anything... :laugh:

Valaquen

Valaquen

She's a poster girl for Machiavellianism. Surely Bran is better behaved? Or Jojen, Meera... etc.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

What about Jon Snow? He is literally the closest we get to a traditional hero in this story.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Mar 06, 2014, 07:38:39 PM
What about Jon Snow? He is literally the closest we get to a traditional hero in this story.
Oathbreaker!  :laugh:

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

You muddafukkas be sayin' Davos ain't a good guy? >:(

Quote from: Xenodog on Mar 06, 2014, 05:52:45 PM
RE: Roose...'up there with Charles Dance'? lolnope.

lolyes, I would say. Again, it's a different presence. Roose is a much quieter character, in that he both says little and speaks softly. But I'm always aware when he's there.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 06, 2014, 07:44:38 PM
You muddafukkas be sayin' Davos ain't a good guy? >:(

Quote from: Xenodog on Mar 06, 2014, 05:52:45 PM
RE: Roose...'up there with Charles Dance'? lolnope.

lolyes, I would say. Again, it's a different presence. Roose is a much quieter character, in that he both says little and speaks softly. But I'm always aware when he's there.
If Roose told Joffrey to go to bed he wouldn't.

Roose is only also a real threat with Tywin's backing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed