Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,071,656 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Alright, Final Cut it is then. :)

First Blood

First Blood

Have you seen Blade Runner before?

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 20, 2012, 12:50:07 AM
Alright, Final Cut it is then. :)

Laufey gained +10 coolness!

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 20, 2012, 12:50:54 AM
Have you seen Blade Runner before?

Only the first thirty minutes or so, before me and my friend agreed that we rather see something else that day. But I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing.

Quote from: Vakarian on Sep 20, 2012, 12:51:07 AMLaufey gained +10 coolness!

Spoiler
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 20, 2012, 12:57:53 AM
Only the first thirty minutes or so, before me and my friend agreed that we rather see something else that day. But I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing.

Then you're in for something beautiful.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Not sure if it's my favourite movie, but it's certainly up there.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Moulin Rouge!

At first I was kind of put off by the strange setting of the film and found the stylized look to be a bit jarring, but that was only temporary. Before long, I was completely drawn in to the film (despite, as I said before, not being a huge fan of musicals-maybe the genre is growing on me a bit, though). I was entertained throughout, and found that the film had the perfect balance of comedic and serious moments. The song choice was certainly strange, but it really worked, I thought. I definitely had a good time with this one.

Spoiler
Also, 'dat Nicole Kidman! :o
[close]

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 20, 2012, 02:43:20 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Glad you liked it, it's one of my favorites. Now check out Australia--it's even better ;D

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 20, 2012, 04:19:10 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Glad you liked it, it's one of my favorites. Now check out Australia--it's even better ;D

Dat Score. :')

Aspie

Aspie

Australia is a must-see. Although it might depend on your taste.

Signs- X/10

I remember this movie practically haunting me after I first watched it years ago. Unfortunately, this latest viewing changed nothing. I've seen a lot of "Horror movies", from Jaws to Xtro, and I can honestly say that Signs, starring Mel Gibson, is the scariest movie of all time. By far.  :(

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

I like Signs a lot aside from the retarded water thing at the end. And yes, it's quite haunting.

Anyway, I just watched Troll Hunter... Definitely a fresh found footage film with clever ideas and a good mythologic lore behind it which blends into the modern world quite nicely. The pacing is a bit slow and the ending is kind of meh, but it's overall worth a watch. Very original.

7/10

Vickers

Vickers

Moulin Rouge!

At first I was kind of put off by the strange setting of the film and found the stylized look to be a bit jarring, but that was only temporary. Before long, I was completely drawn in to the film (despite, as I said before, not being a huge fan of musicals-maybe the genre is growing on me a bit, though). I was entertained throughout, and found that the film had the perfect balance of comedic and serious moments. The song choice was certainly strange, but it really worked, I thought. I definitely had a good time with this one.

Spoiler
[close]

Moulin Rouge is somewhere in my Top 10 films... not that I've fully worked out what my Top 10 films are but it belongs in there somewhere given how many times I've seen it already and how I enjoy it just as much as I did the first time around.

There hasn't been another film quite like it.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Duel (1971)

On his way to a business meeting, David Mann (Dennis Weaver) is terrorized on the road by a unseen driver in a large tanker truck. This is one of the very first films Steven Spielberg directed and it's actully quite good. Weaver does a good job of what's for most part is a one man show. And the car chases in this one are thrilling as well.

Thank you to Eva for recommending this.

First Blood

First Blood

Ed Wood (1994)

I just finished watching this and absolutely loved it. Johnny Depp plays aspiring filmmaker (and cross dresser) Ed Wood who's desperately trying to make it in the motion picture industry. Depp was very good in this as Wood; Very zany and hilarious with delusions of grandeur, it was just a thrill to see him get so into the role. But my favorite performance would have to be Martin Landau as Bela Lugosi – who was just outstanding to watch. I think my favorite part would be when he and Wood are watching one of his films together on Halloween, or when Wood's trying to convince Lugosi not to kill himself. Sarah Jessica Parker and Bill Murray were also very good in their respective roles.

I always loved Get Shorty – and the way it portrayed the motion picture industry, but Ed Wood is so much better.

"All right, let's shoot this f**ker!" :laugh:

And I will make it my mission in life to see Plan 9 From Outer Space.

10/10

Gotta thank Cvalda for recommending it. ;)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 21, 2012, 12:19:32 AM
And I will make it my mission in life to see Plan 9 From Outer Space.
Here ya go! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5DZhDH8eew#

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 21, 2012, 12:19:32 AM
Gotta thank Cvalda for recommending it. ;)
Aww, you're very welcome! :-[ ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed