Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,071,525 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

f**k yes. 8)

Eva

Eva

Now, that's love  ;)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I just saw.... no, that's the wrong word... i just survived through Ninja Assassin.

The strong moral lesson that this movie will teach you.. is that Ninjas WILL KILL THE SHIT OUT OF YOU, SON. DONT MESS WITH THEM.

it's a mediocre script directed by a mediocre director... it's biggest virtue is that it aims at being a cult action movie... it's biggest problem is that it forgets to have lots of fun along the way. oh and forgetting to write memorable characters... and a story that isnt incredibly linear and predictable. .a few good touches here and there remind you that this was written by j michael straczynski afterall. (Creator/Writer of Babylon 5 and many good comic books)... but overall it's not the most memorable action flick out there... needed more humor and stronger directing. a few OTT scenes in the end arent as "awesome" as intended and they just fall flat... In quite a few scenes, stellar stuntwork is cut up to pieces by poor editing and directing.. shame.

Rain and Naomi Harris are decent leads... cant wait to see her in "Skyfall".  :)

A few cool sequences here and there are quite lovely.. and the opening! OMG the opening sequence.. awesomesauce :)

Fun but not memorable... it actually left me thirsting to watch Undisputed 3, again :P now THAT was a truly awesome action flick with fun, memorable characters X)

Aspie

Aspie

John Carter- 2/10..seemed so rushed together :(

Titanic (James Cameron's version, I've actually never saw before)- 4/10...While some aspects of the movie like the score and production value were magnificent, the rest of the movie in general wasn't too interesting or even necessary for that matter. Really, it was just an unimpressive "juggernaut" of a film.

Cyrus- 9/10...I don't particularly like Jonah Hill or these types of movies, but this film was executed nearly to perfection and had one of the greatest romantic plots I have ever seen in a movie. A new personal fav.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Aspie on Sep 18, 2012, 11:23:49 PM
Titanic (James Cameron's version, I've actually never saw before)- 4/10...While some aspects of the movie like the score and production value were magnificent, the rest of the movie in general wasn't too interesting or even necessary for that matter. Really, it was just an unimpressive "juggernaut" of a film.

Snowdog

Snowdog

After playing the Telltale jurassic park game for a couple of hours (i don't care what the reviews say but when i heard the rex and the soundtrack i actually got goosebumps. Nostalgia all the way for me ;D) i wanted to see a Jurassic Park movie again. So i popped in the lost world. This movie has its flaws but damn i love it ! 8) Best raptor design of the whole franchise.

Vickers

Vickers

I don't particularly like Jonah Hill...

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 18, 2012, 11:28:03 PM
Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Sep 18, 2012, 11:33:34 PM

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7730/oprahsmashsmaller.gif

Thanks you guys, I am glad Im not the only one that feels that way about his review.

First Blood

First Blood

Tango & Cash (1989)

It's been at least ten years since I've seen this. So it was a bit of a nostalgia trip. Stallone plays Ray Tango and Kurt Russell plays Gabriel Cash. They're two LA cops set up for murder and sentenced to prison. The prison portion of the movie was pretty cool. And I kinda want to check out Lock Up with Sly. Jack Palance was great as the slimy mob boss Perret, complete with his own machine gun totting monster trucks. I think my movie favorite buddy cop movie is still Lethal Weapon though.

And dat Terri Hatcher. :-*

Shasvre

Shasvre

"Rambo is a pussy."

God, I love that movie. And I agree on Tatcher. ;D

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Finally caught The Grey.  I'll go ahead and do the unthinkable and really like it. :laugh: 8.5/10.

The whole human meaning/nature's savagery life/death love kids wives and men pushing on... yeah I can dig it. :'(  A lot better than Liam's onslaught of straight-to-videos, this one really had some value in it, and some serious effort that I can appreciate, especially considering it starred mostly no-names, I think?

Would've gotten a higher score if the wolves were a little less Neverending Story/300 cartoon wolves. :laugh:  But that really didn't matter too much.  They were still scary.

They sure got emotional there in the end. :'(  Damn fine.

Spoiler
I'm glad there wasn't some cheesy rescue, would've ruined it.  f**king beautiful ending, ah think.
[close]

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: RagingDragon on Sep 18, 2012, 11:50:04 PM
Finally caught The Grey.  I'll go ahead and do the unthinkable and really like it. :laugh: 8.5/10.

The whole human meaning/nature's savagery life/death love kids wives and men pushing on... yeah I can dig it. :'(  A lot better than Liam's onslaught of straight-to-videos, this one really had some value in it, and some serious effort that I can appreciate, especially considering it starred mostly no-names, I think?

Would've gotten a higher score if the wolves were a little less Neverending Story/300 cartoon wolves. :laugh:  But that really didn't matter too much.  They were still scary.

They sure got emotional there in the end. :'(  Damn fine.

Spoiler
I'm glad there wasn't some cheesy rescue, would've ruined it.  f**king beautiful ending, ah think.
[close]

I loved The Grey. The ending was one of the best in film history.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 18, 2012, 11:28:03 PM

To be honest, I couldn't even value the "love" story in the movie. To me, the movie was just a dull cruise with an inevitable ending. What an extremely overrated film. It just wasn't very good.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Aspie on Sep 18, 2012, 11:53:41 PM
To be honest, I couldn't even value the "love" story in the movie. To me, the movie was just a dull cruise with an inevitable ending. What an extremely overrated film. It just wasn't very good.

First Blood

First Blood

It's alright, he just drank too much Pepto-Bismol today. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed