Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,067,889 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 09, 2012, 06:33:49 PM
I find the Ewoks to be a relatively minor complaint, personally. I do understand them being a bigger issue for others, though.
Ah they surely don't ruin the film for me. The conflict on Tatooine and the scenes with the Emperor and Vader are absolutely fantastic.

And yeah, Jedi rocks is kind of annoying. It's a short thing, thankfully.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Sep 09, 2012, 06:45:24 PM
We all make mistakes. ;)
Including the prequel trilogy.

Spoiler
[close]

Vickers

Vickers

I'll admit that the scene Cvalda posted is horrendous.

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 09, 2012, 06:50:05 PM
Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Sep 09, 2012, 06:45:24 PM
We all make mistakes. ;)
Including the prequel trilogy.

Spoiler
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 09, 2012, 06:49:08 PM
Ah they surely don't ruin the film for me. The conflict on Tatooine and the scenes with the Emperor and Vader are absolutely fantastic.

Not to mention the three-way fight at the end. Absolutely love that. Lando up in the stars, Han and Leia on the ground, and Luke toe-to-toe with Vader.

That space battle is the best in the entire series, bar-none.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Sep 09, 2012, 06:52:51 PM
I'll admit that the scene Cvalda posted is horrendous.

Uh huh. By far the worst thing to come out of the Star Wars films. I cringe throughout the entire song.

Good thing the rest of the movie is awesome 8)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 09, 2012, 06:54:46 PMThat space battle is the best in the entire series, bar-none.

I agree, and I'm a sucker for those kind of things. That's why I love the opening to Episode III.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

You're my bros.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

III and VI both had great space battles indeed. I always liked the Jango/Obi-Wan asteroid chase in II as well (actually, I love all of the Obi-Wan/Jango stuff that goes down from the minute they first talk on Kamino). And, of course, the Death Star trench run in the original is pretty awesome 8)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 09, 2012, 06:56:17 PM
I agree, and I'm a sucker for those kind of things. That's why I love the opening to Episode III.

Same. Even though I have a rather mixed-to-negative view on the prequels, that opening battle was fantastic.

Say, Laufey, since you're such a sucker for celestial combat, have you checked out Battlestar Galactica? If not, you should; it's got some of the best battles I've seen.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 09, 2012, 06:58:58 PMSay, Laufey, since you're such a sucker for celestial combat, have you checked out Battlestar Galactica? If not, you should; it's got some of the best battles I've seen.

Only the first episodes. My friend bought the first two seasons a while ago and we have been meaning to check it out. :)

My all time favorite space battle would be from Serenity however. 8)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 09, 2012, 07:00:28 PM
Only the first episodes. My friend bought the first two seasons a while ago and we have been meaning to check it out. :)

You must get on that.

You must.

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 09, 2012, 07:00:28 PMMy all time favorite space battle would be from Serenity however. 8)

That's up there for me, but my favourite will always be the aforementioned RotJ fight.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 09, 2012, 07:00:28 PM
My all time favorite space battle would be from Serenity however. 8)

Mah bro 8)

My jaw dropped when
Spoiler
the Reavers appeared behind Serenity. And then the Operative's reaction :D
[close]

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 09, 2012, 06:33:49 PM
But come on! Without them, we'd never have had this, and without that, we'd never have had the TJ that we know and love.
Those were some fuzzy times. Sometimes I miss being that adorable.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 09, 2012, 06:55:29 PM
Uh huh. By far the worst thing to come out of the Star Wars films.
Meesa don't teenk so...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I have no problem with Jar Jar :P I mean, he's not amazing or anything, but he was there and I dealt with him (and you know what, I even laughed a couple times :D ).

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I didn't mind the singer (Pa'lowick?) too much when she was an animatronic character. With cgi she became obnoxious.

I preferred Lapti Nek.

Spoiler
I also liked Max Rebo.
Spoiler
:-[
[close]
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed