Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,071,657 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Our Idiot Brother

8.5/10

and

Underworld Awakening

5/10

This latest Underworld had absolutely no f**king direction.

Lie

Lie

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 05, 2012, 10:50:04 PM
Underworld Awakening

5/10

I don't know I enjoyed it, it didn't f**k up as much as I thought it would. Plus I wanna see what that girl becomes, actually the more I think about how it's gonna be like the queen of all Vampires vs's the world I start to look forward to the next film.

No Strings Attached 6/10

Taxemic

Taxemic

21 Jump Street 6/10

Limitless 8/10

MIB3 7/10

BobGrill

BobGrill

Jurassic Park-10/10

The Lost World (1997)- 8/10.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Lie on Sep 05, 2012, 10:56:11 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 05, 2012, 10:50:04 PM
Underworld Awakening

5/10

I don't know I enjoyed it, it didn't f**k up as much as I thought it would. Plus I wanna see what that girl becomes, actually the more I think about how it's gonna be like the queen of all Vampires vs's the world I start to look forward to the next film.

It felt completely mindless. The movie, I don't even know why they even made it, the entire opening was completely rushed to make way for this story where Humans discover that werewolves and vampires exist. Instead of showing me a movie where Humans JUST barely discover these two species and try and figure out how to put in end to the threat; all they do is half ass it and just place me in the middle of the aftermath...hell 12 f**king years to be exact.

It would have been better if the movie was showing us the Lycans and Vampires being eradicated over time. Selena being the main focus with Michael, struggling to survive. And then have the movie end just as it started, with Selena being captured along with Michael. That would have been a far better movie without having to rush things.

It honestly felt as if this was part 4 and 5 put together.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Alien³ on Sep 05, 2012, 10:48:10 PM
Dark City.

Need I say more? 8)

Good man. ;)

Novak 1334

Shasvre

Shasvre

The Avengers (2012)

Just as good as the first time I watched it. However...

Spoiler
Coulson's death had been censured. We never saw the blade extend from his torso this time. From what I've heard, it's the same in the German and the UK versions. Don't know about the US version yet. Some people think it might have something to do with Marvel wanting to bring Coulson back, and this is their way of making that scene seem less deadly. Don't know what to think of it myself.
[close]

I also watched Item 47 and I liked it a lot.

Spoiler
Didn't expect them to end up as S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. :D
[close]

Vickers

Vickers

Æon Flux

- Beautiful, fresh presentation of a futuristic society.
- The film presents and tackles interesting concepts.
- Charlize proves once again that she's a chameleon and she impressively performs all her own stunts (although, sadly, some of her better stunt work was cut and some of it can be seen in the stunts featurette).
- I loved the consistent theme of "not everything is as it seems."
- The contrasts of good/evil, ethereal father/mother figures were beautifully presented.
- Some of the characters lack depth and some of the editing is a little fast paced (specifically with the action sequences) but you can blame that on the studios who cut 30 minutes from the film.

Overall, an original sci-fi film with wonderful visuals (including seamless blending of practical and CG environments) and an intriguing story.  It's peppered with bizarre nods to the animated series but is more "realistic."  It is a sci-fi at its core but it ends up being so much more, touching on different genres and balancing them out beautifully.

This is a film that gets a lot of undeserved hate and I will even go so far as to say it is underrated.

8/10

Spoiler
Haters...

[close]

Lie

Lie

Resident Evil Afterlife 8/10

It's a really fun film every minute of it as for Wesker his a little bit too bulky but they still do a great job of him.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 06, 2012, 01:25:45 AM
The Avengers (2012)

Just as good as the first time I watched it. However...

Spoiler
Coulson's death had been censured. We never saw the blade extend from his torso this time. From what I've heard, it's the same in the German and the UK versions. Don't know about the US version yet. Some people think it might have something to do with Marvel wanting to bring Coulson back, and this is their way of making that scene seem less deadly. Don't know what to think of it myself.
[close]

Very interesting. I'll keep an eye out for that on the US release.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Huh...very strange indeed. Don't really know what to make of that right now.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Say what?

Retcon you say?

f**k it, if it means Coulson having the possibility of coming back, then by all means RETCON THE SHIT OUT OF IT!!!!

Vakarian

Vakarian

The Avengers (2012)

Hnnnnnnngh!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 06, 2012, 01:25:45 AM
Spoiler
[close]
Will keep an eye out for that when I watch it today.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed