Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,071,450 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Not sure what you mean by dub. :-\

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Laufey on Aug 23, 2012, 03:34:48 PM
Not sure what you mean by dub. :-\

I haven't seen the film, but I'm assuming he means what language was it dubbed in?

Shasvre

Shasvre

In that case, none at all. Just regular English/Australian.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

There's a dub?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The Evil Dead with commentary by Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, and Robert Tapert. They had some really interesting things to say about the mess of a production that led to this film. An overall really fun commentary :)

Vickers

Vickers

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

I never understood the hate this movie got.  I actually enjoyed it a little more than the film from 1971.  And it was closer to the book which I loved when I was in school.

Great production design, good fun.

Too bad Freddie Highmore is now too old to resume his role as Charlie in Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator (if it does get made, that is).  I really think they should have filmed a sequel shortly after because the film still did well despite some critical backlash.

8/10

delsaber8

delsaber8

I always feared the 1971 version of the film, don't know why, it just gave me the heebee jeebees.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: delsaber8 on Aug 23, 2012, 07:54:27 PM
I always feared the 1971 version of the film, don't know why, it just gave me the heebee jeebees.

It does have a bit of an unsettling tone to it, actually.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

1971 version is the only version. f**k all others.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The Green Mile (1999)

First time seeing this and I think it was pretty good. A bit of a downer ending though.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Blade Runner The Final Cut

This is my second time watching this film (though the first first time I saw the Director's Cut). I really have to say, a rewatch was very, very beneficial with this film. I did like it a lot the first time I watched it, but a lot of it went over my head and when the film finished, I was a bit confused. I wasn't lost by any means, but there were a few things that I was unsure and conflicted about. This time, however, I can safely say that I loved the movie. First and foremost, the atmosphere of the film is absolutely perfect. The brilliant music and the beautiful (and extremely realistic) visual effects combine to create a feeling like no other. I was awestruck each and every time I got a look at the city in which the film takes place. On to the characters now, I really liked Deckard, despite him not exactly being the most fleshed out character in the history of film. He did what he needed to, though, and I feel like any more backstory would have just bogged him down. Then again, I never did see the version of the film with the narration, so what do I know? The character that really stole the show, however, was Roy. That final chase was absolutely stunning, and I loved every minute of it. And, as if that wasn't good enough, then came Roy's final speech...wow. I'm actually kind of in the mood to see it again now, just to see if my appreciation raises even more. I loved the whole look and feel of the film, and I can't wait to experience that again.

I can't wait to check out the commentaries and, even more, I'm really excited to watch the documentary Dangerous Days: The Making of Blade Runner.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Real Steel

10/10

This movie surprised the shit out of me. I knew that so many people actually liked it, but holy shit. Best boxing movie since Rocky, and this film in fact made me cry...I actually f**king cried. So few movies can do this, and Real Steel is now in that category of films that I consider special to me.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 24, 2012, 07:09:26 PM
Best boxing movie since Rocky
Haven't you seen Raging Bull?

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

The Road Warrior 8/10

Cool and badass all the way through; never realized just how many movies have taken inspiration from it or completely ripped it off.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 24, 2012, 05:49:28 PM

This is my second time watching this film (though the first first time I saw the Director's Cut). I really have to say, a rewatch was very, very beneficial with this film. I did like it a lot the first time I watched it, but a lot of it went over my head and when the film finished, I was a bit confused. I wasn't lost by any means, but there were a few things that I was unsure and conflicted about. This time, however, I can safely say that I loved the movie. First and foremost, the atmosphere of the film is absolutely perfect. The brilliant music and the beautiful (and extremely realistic) visual effects combine to create a feeling like no other. I was awestruck each and every time I got a look at the city in which the film takes place. On to the characters now, I really liked Deckard, despite him not exactly being the most fleshed out character in the history of film. He did what he needed to, though, and I feel like any more backstory would have just bogged him down. Then again, I never did see the version of the film with the narration, so what do I know? The character that really stole the show, however, was Roy. That final chase was absolutely stunning, and I loved every minute of it. And, as if that wasn't good enough, then came Roy's final speech...wow. I'm actually kind of in the mood to see it again now, just to see if my appreciation raises even more. I loved the whole look and feel of the film, and I can't wait to experience that again.

I can't wait to check out the commentaries and, even more, I'm really excited to watch the documentary Dangerous Days: The Making of Blade Runner.

I agree with all of this, need to buy it some day.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 24, 2012, 05:49:28 PM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed