Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,068,047 times)

BANE

BANE

To Kill a Mockingbird

My favourite novel made into my favourite movie ever.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Rolling Thunder (1977)

Major Charles Rane (William Devane) and Sergeant Johnny Vohden (Tommy Lee Jones) returns home to the US after having spent seven years as a POW in Vietnam. Major Rane is met by a wife who thought him dead and have spent the last few years with another man, as well as a son who doesn't remember his father. He's not given much time to settle in before they are both snatched away again, shot dead in a robbery, Rane himself left for dead.

This felt somewhat different from other similar revenge movies. The acting was all around good and they did a great job of showing the scars that can be left on a man's mind after spending time as a POW. Both Devane and TLJ did a good job at portraying men who seemed out of place in society and with their families. I also think Linda Haynes did an excellent job as Rane's "groupie". She kinda reminded me a bit of Julia Stiles.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Fantastic shootout at the end. It's a great example of slow build up to an extreme payoff.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Nightmare on Elm Street 4 - A pretty forgettable sequel. At least it had some nice looking effects.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Batman Begins

I had forgotten just how great this movie was. Unfortunately, it seems a lot of people have, considering just how much The Dark Knight over-shines it in the public eye. But nevertheless, I love this movie. And excellent beginning to Bruce Wayne's extraordinary tale, grounded in reality but still retaining what it is that makes Batman who he is. Liam Neeson was great in the role of Ra's Al Ghul, and Cillian Murphy's Scarecrow was a ton of fun to watch as well. And that ending scene was an excellent set up for the great film that followed.

Watching this again made me realize just why so many people love Batman and this film series, and it put me in the right mood (and enhanced my excitement) to see The Dark Knight Rises when it hits theaters this Friday.

TJ Doc

First Blood

Space Sweeper

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

My first request! I wanted to write more about the visuals/music, but it was getting too gushy.

And Sweeper, welcome to the Pit. :P

Cvalda

Cvalda

Excellent review, TJ. Wonderfully written. :)

Spoiler
Although Batman Returns is waaaaaay better ;D
[close]

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

The Avengers  9/10

Lockout  5/10

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Alienhunter15 on Jul 19, 2012, 02:25:52 AM
The Avengers  9/10

Wow, its still out where you are?

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 19, 2012, 02:45:35 AM
Quote from: Alienhunter15 on Jul 19, 2012, 02:25:52 AM
The Avengers  9/10

Wow, its still out where you are?

Lol

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - 7.5/10

Still like this movie

r888

r888

the dark knight rises

9.5/10

It was Amazing!!!!!! The base and soundtrack that runs behind the dialog for the almost the whole film literally keeps u on the edge of your seat!!!! It's exciting, scary, thrilling with outstanding acting by the whole cast and flawless effects!! Loved it, can't wait to c it again!!

severen76

severen76

Heat.

10/10 even if the sound on Blu-Ray is awful. The Dark Knight wishes it was this good.

I think I'm going to round it off with Miami Vice and Colatteral. I probably should've watched the Nolan batman films as I'm going to see the new one tomorrow.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed