Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,068,049 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 19, 2012, 11:43:39 PM
Bullitt

Quite simply one of the best movies I've seen. Had me from the moment the opening credits started rolling, with that aweome music in the background.The jazzy bass riffs and instrumentals just perfectly accented the action occurring on-screen. The story of Lieutenant Frank Bullitt, a San Francisco detective who has to protect a star witness. Perfectly paced, tonally great, edited magnificently, and acted brilliantly. I still can't get over how f**king cool Steve McQueen is as the title character. The emotionally empty shell of a man, completely drained from his long life on the force. A pitch-perfect performance, lacking remorse and warmth. And goddamn, that car chase; no music during this. Nothing but the beautiful whir of the engines, the percussion of spinning hubcaps, the orchestra of the oiled machine.

A fantastic film in the same vein as Get Carter and Drive. I'm starting to think of them as a little trilogy in my mind.

Some how I missed this. I completely agree with you man. It's an awesome movie, and Steve 'The King of Cool' McQueen is both a badass on and off the screen. And that car chase is perhaps one of the most famous. I love the build up before the initial chase. When Frank is slowly tailing them, and "bam" those engines let loose and the sequence takes off!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: TheMonolith on May 20, 2012, 09:46:22 PM
No it was not rushed. That ending was made to replicate the real life case on which the film was based, in which the majority of the people responsible escaped. The people while making the film wanted to end it with a bang, and literally, that is what they ended it on. Its lack of a satisfying conclusion was true to life, because the man responsible would not be caught for many years. If however as a film you don't think it worked, I would suggest The French Connection II, which ties up all those loose ends from the first film nicely.

Yeah, I read up about it afterwards, seeing that it was based on a real case. I just think that they could've done it better.

Is the sequel any good? I am interested in watching it, now.

Quote from: First Blood on May 20, 2012, 10:05:37 PM
Some how I missed this. I completely agree with you man. It's an awesome movie, and Steve 'The King of Cool' McQueen is both a badass on and off the screen. And that car chase is perhaps one of the most famous. I love the build up before the initial chase. When Frank is slowly tailing them, and "bam" those engines let loose and the sequence takes off!

Aw, Christ, yeah. I'm still getting goosebumps just thinkin' about it!

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Rebuild of Evangelion 2.22 10/10

Same thing as yesterday with 1.11. :P

Spoiler
Quote from: King Rathalos on May 19, 2012, 08:58:15 PM

Decided to try out the subtitled version since a fellow classmate of mine is on of those people who never shuts up about the whole sub vs dub debate in anime. My main reason not wanting to see it the subbed version is due to Shinji being voiced by a female, it's a shallow reason I know. However after seeing it all my worries were neutralized, glad it wasn't annoying like Goku's voice in Japanese. I can't take a 30 year old dude being voiced by a woman it just sounds wrong. :P
[close]

I guess that's it for now. I'll probably re watch them when 3.0 comes out and once again when Evangelion: Final comes out. As usual I cried at the end, don't know why but I always get emotional in the last scene.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 20, 2012, 10:32:12 PM
Quote from: TheMonolith on May 20, 2012, 09:46:22 PM
No it was not rushed. That ending was made to replicate the real life case on which the film was based, in which the majority of the people responsible escaped. The people while making the film wanted to end it with a bang, and literally, that is what they ended it on. Its lack of a satisfying conclusion was true to life, because the man responsible would not be caught for many years. If however as a film you don't think it worked, I would suggest The French Connection II, which ties up all those loose ends from the first film nicely.

Yeah, I read up about it afterwards, seeing that it was based on a real case. I just think that they could've done it better.

Is the sequel any good? I am interested in watching it, now.
Not based on real life. Was done mainly to end the story. It follows Doyle who has tracked the dealer from the first film to Marsialles. It fits the realistic feel and pace of the original very well but this time ending on the big chase, a foot/boat chase in this case. I caught it on the movie channels and was on the edge of my seat during the final act. I'd say check it out. It is a worthy follow up. Plus you are a cinephile like me, so French Connection films are must sees.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Well, I'll get right on that. :)

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Laufey on May 20, 2012, 09:23:51 PM
Beauty and the Beast (1991)

I don't think I've seen this since the early 90's, but it's always remained my favorite Disney movie. Time have not changed my view on it. It's a beautiful, beautiful movie. The story is great, the voice acting is spot on and both the animation as well as the music is, well, beautiful. Favorite scenes would be the Beast saving Belle from the wolves, Belle and the Beast feeding the birds and of course, the dance.

9/10

yes...YES....YESSSSS!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btUlfkPAN-w#

Tell me that's not f**king bad ass!

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Drive
I was expecting a bit less action to be honest. A very artsy film with a great deal of heart. Easy to understand why this was such a sweep as it has all the marks of a great film. Proud to own this masterpiece. I will likely enjoy it more on the 2nd viewing, but even on this one, I enjoyed it a lot.
Cine-Meter, 10/10
Mono-Meter, 9/10

First Blood

First Blood

The Grey (2012)

Arguably one of the best films of the year so far; with an impeccable performance from Liam Neeson as Ottway. When a plane carrying Alaskan roughneck oil drillers crashes in the Alaskan wilderness, it becomes a fight for survival. Not just against the elements such as the cold, and the snow but against a group of ravenous wolves as well. There are so many great moments in this film, it's impossible to touch on them all.

Suffice to say one of my absolute favorites, is when Ottway is going through the wallets in the last act. And the cast, what a well defined cast with a unique collection of characters. They're developed and feel real. It's an excellent movie, which stirs one's emotions.

9/10

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring - 9/10

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Hellraiser: Revelations - 2/10. Wow this was f**king awful. I knew the Hellraiser sequels have been awful but I never thought to see a series sunk this low. Even the Halloween series never went this down hill! This movie isn't below the bottom of the barrel. This might be one of the worst horror films that I seen in a long time!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: TheMonolith on May 21, 2012, 02:15:52 AM
Drive
I was expecting a bit less action to be honest. A very artsy film with a great deal of heart. Easy to understand why this was such a sweep as it has all the marks of a great film. Proud to own this masterpiece. I will likely enjoy it more on the 2nd viewing, but even on this one, I enjoyed it a lot.
Cine-Meter, 10/10
Mono-Meter, 9/10

Had a feeling you were gonna love it. I recently watched it a for a second time, myself, and it was even better. One of those films that only improves with repeat viewings.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Source Code: WOW/OMG/WOAH out of 10

Can't believe i put off seeing it for the past 13.5 months...

Vepariga

Vepariga

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on May 21, 2012, 06:15:10 AM
Hellraiser: Revelations - 2/10. Wow this was f**king awful. I knew the Hellraiser sequels have been awful but I never thought to see a series sunk this low. Even the Halloween series never went this down hill! This movie isn't below the bottom of the barrel. This might be one of the worst horror films that I seen in a long time!

yeha man that movie sucked. I watched about 20 mins and I was like 'this is not hellraiser...what the hell is this..oh my god..oh myyyy gooooooodddddddddd" I skipped some scenes and turned it off to save my mind.

If it was a film that was made to actually torment the veiwer then it succeded.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The bad part that I watch it with my friends and I had to sit through the movie. At least I got some good laughs from the god awful acting. The movie was so bad that I rather watch Freddy Got Fingered twice!

Vickers

Vickers

Sherlock Holmes (2009) - 6/10. Meh. I know I'm in the minority but I didn't really enjoy it all that much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed