Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,067,885 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Gamera: Guardian of the Universe - 7.5/10

Grave Encounters - 3/10. Just f**king awful on every level.

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

Must. See. God Bless America.
It was one of those moments when I read the synopsis and thought "Man, too bad this isn't a comedy". So when I saw the genre actually was comedy, I violently fist pumped the air :laugh:

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: x2SMONEY on May 20, 2012, 01:29:17 AM
Must. See. God Bless America.
It was one of those moments when I read the synopsis and thought "Man, too bad this isn't a comedy". So when I saw the genre actually was comedy, I violently fist pumped the air :laugh:
Seen it, it's f**king fantastic. Very dark comedy, but some pretty stirring drama in there, too. Brilliantly acted, as well.

You should love it.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I am waiting on that beast of a movie to be released on Netflix. If it is already on there, for the love of your gods, let me know!

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

It honestly seems like the movie half of Americas filmmakers had always wanted to make but never had the balls to do it. I absolutely love dark comedy

Cvalda

Cvalda

The Dictator

Went in with low expectations due to the drubbing it has received from both critics and Baron Cohen fans--and it overcame them beautifully. While not as rewarding as either Borat or Bruno due to its lack of targeted satire, it is nevertheless very funny; I haven't laughed this hard at the cinema since, well, Borat, I guess. I've never been an Anna Faris fan, but the character she creates here is completely authentic and convincing (trust me, I have several friends just like that), and while a lot of the material feels like Baron Cohen's reheated comic leftovers, it's delivered with such aggressively precise comic timing that all of it still somehow feels fresh.

Vepariga

Vepariga

Quote from: Cvalda on May 20, 2012, 02:00:07 AM
The Dictator

Went in with low expectations due to the drubbing it has received from both critics and Baron Cohen fans--and it overcame them beautifully. While not as rewarding as either Borat or Bruno due to its lack of targeted satire, it is nevertheless very funny; I haven't laughed this hard at the cinema since, well, Borat, I guess. I've never been an Anna Faris fan, but the character she creates here is completely authentic and convincing (trust me, I have several friends just like that), and while a lot of the material feels like Baron Cohen's reheated comic leftovers, it's delivered with such aggressively precise comic timing that all of it still somehow feels fresh.

thats pleasing to read. I had fears that the comedy would be stretched and tired. so glad to hear provides the lolz

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Cvalda on May 20, 2012, 02:00:07 AM
The Dictator

I completely agree. The helicopter tour scene had me rolling.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

I have, sadly, never seen this film before (but I had seen The Rocky Horror Show!). But I gotta tell ya, seeing this at a midnight screening was definitely the proper way to view this magnificent, silly, nonsensical movie. Now, I'm not gay, but I would let Tim Curry do... questionable things to me. Goddamn, this was so incredibly fun. And watched it all in good company, too.

Blitz, with Jason Statham, pretty good, kind of like Dirty Harry in London today.

MudButt

MudButt

I had a dream about 3 nights ago that I watched Prometheus. Oh man, what a strange movie it was.

MudButts version of Prometheus - 10/10

Especially since for some reason the little parasite thing turned into a dog. Then it became a pile of tentacles that consumed people in a very disgusting way.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I had a  similar dream regarding Prometheus months ago. Breath-taking.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: MudButt on May 20, 2012, 06:35:01 PM
I had a dream about 3 nights ago that I watched Prometheus. Oh man, what a strange movie it was.

MudButts version of Prometheus - 10/10

Especially since for some reason the little parasite thing turned into a dog. Then it became a pile of tentacles that consumed people in a very disgusting way.

"Uhhhhh......what?"

Shasvre

Shasvre

Beauty and the Beast (1991)

I don't think I've seen this since the early 90's, but it's always remained my favorite Disney movie. Time have not changed my view on it. It's a beautiful, beautiful movie. The story is great, the voice acting is spot on and both the animation as well as the music is, well, beautiful. Favorite scenes would be the Beast saving Belle from the wolves, Belle and the Beast feeding the birds and of course, the dance.

9/10

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Amen. Now that is animation.

Liked it a bit more this time around, but that may be due to seeing an extended cut with greater story details. Still iffy on the Jake/Neytiri romance and some of the designs but I can now appreciate just how creative this world really is and would be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to the sequels.
Cine-Meter, 7.5/10
Mono-Meter, 8/10

The Black Stallion
One of the more creative horse movies. A great nostalgic trip. The first half of the film is better than the 2nd half though.
Cine-Meter, 7/10
Mono-Meter, 7.6/10

Up next, Drive. Holding the copy on my hand.

@ SpaceMarines on The French Connection's ending.

No it was not rushed. That ending was made to replicate the real life case on which the film was based, in which the majority of the people responsible escaped. The people while making the film wanted to end it with a bang, and literally, that is what they ended it on. Its lack of a satisfying conclusion was true to life, because the man responsible would not be caught for many years. If however as a film you don't think it worked, I would suggest The French Connection II, which ties up all those loose ends from the first film nicely.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed