Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,071,526 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Nope. The majority of Wolverine's duration takes place after First Class. And also, she was all heroic and shit in Origins.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Ah......
Huh, ok.
Ima ignore that movie now.
Also Last Stand

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Good idea.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Rear Window 10/10

A classic masterpiece completely worthy of its reputation, this film was full of great acting, good characters, a unique and perfectly exploited setting, and a story that keeps you hooked until the end. Hitchcock is, by far, the unquestionable Master of Suspense. The entire film takes place in a single room, and incorporates the view out the windows of that room into the setting. The movie follows L.B. Jeffries (James Stewart), a photographer confined to a wheelchair after breaking his leg. Jeffries has spent much of his time for the past six weeks sitting by his window, watching the goings-on of his neighbours. Married couples, lonely musicians, attractive dancers, he takes it all in (somewhat creepily, I might add). But, after noticing one of his neighbours acting strangely, he begins to fear that something horrible may have happened. The film occasionally lulls you into a false sense of security, before throwing you right back into the thick of it, the tension continuously mounting as the events play out. The climax of the film is one of the most intense things I have ever seen in cinema, and literally had me shaking as I watched. If only there could be more filmmakers like Hitchcock.

The acting was very good. Wendell Corey does a good job as Jeff's detective friend Thom Doyle, playing the skeptic very well until the end. Thelma Ritter was very good as Stella, Jeff's nurse. Grace Kelley was great as Lisa Fremont, the beautiful and wealthy girlfriend of Jeff. Jimmy Stewart was exceptional. There is no other term. He is definitely one of the greatest actors of all time. Every little nuance, every twitch of the face, every change in vocal tone and pitch, the casual and subconscious expressions on his face, they were all completely genuine. It's no wonder Hitchcock used him in so many of his films. Two masters of their art, working together.

Joyfully Jumping Jessica

The Hangover Part II-- Obviously not as good as the first one [cmon the story was pretty much the exact same!  :D], but I'd say a lot funnier than most critics have been saying. Really just a matter of taste I think. I laughed constantly throughout, so it's safe to say I had a blast!

SpaceMarines

Joyfully Jumping Jessica

Quite the shift eh?  :D

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

X-Men First Class: i'll rate it an 8.5/10. Def an improvement over the last 2 films.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

The Crazies – 7.5/10
I liked it, for a virus movie it did a good job and the ending was a great way to leave on a question mark.  I bet the reason why the pregnant lady didn't get the crazies was because when she drank the water a lot of it went towards the unborn child.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Original or remake?

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Remake I think it did a good job but then again I tend to injoy alot of horror remakes

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Once Upon A Time In The West. Blu-Ray.

The most beautiful movie ever made has never looked, or sounded, more beautiful. M'all emotional as usual.

Joyfully Jumping Jessica

Secret Window-- Johnny Depp plays Johnny Depp with an axe and a horrible memory.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

X-Men: First Class - 9/10 - Loved it. The best X-Men movie without a doubt and one of the best Marvel adaptations. After this and Predators, I'm starting to believe the guys at FOX are finally getting their shit together after an horrible streak of half-assed movies. Full review coming soon.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Streets of Fire (1984)

Very strange mix of 50's noir, musical and light hearted soft action which didn't really work for me, I was rather surprised as its a Hill production I expected a kick ass adult action flick but instead you get this curious blend which comes off like a high budget TV film. Great casting with allot of big names that weren't back then of course...Paxton with a dubious haircut, Moranis trying to be a tough guy and failing miserably, Pare being a plank of wood with his deliveries and Dafoe looking worryingly gay in his shiny black PVC outfits. The whole thing is pretty lame really and the dialog is laughable not to mention the acting from everyone, plot is stupid and pointless but it does look ok with all the old cars and dingy looking sets.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed