Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,071,997 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Battle: LA - 8/10

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Just saw B:LA.

That movie was amazing, the combat seemed almost real. Great realistic marine acting. It was mind blowing.

It was a really powerful movie, and the pace was perfect, great build up all the way through, they kept the pace and made it climb and climb into one amazing Climax. I was completely blown away.

I'd have to say best sci fi war film yet.

I'd recomend everyone to see this film. It was just wow.

10/10 a masterpiece of its genre.

Requiem28

Requiem28

MegaMind - 9/10

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Battle Los Angeles

Hmm, lets see. I'll start by saying that I really enjoyed it. That said, it was not entirely what I expected. I thought the entire movie would be entirely character focused, though most of the really good characterization didn't come until the later half. But when it did come, it was really great, and made me really care about he characters. Still, it would have been nice to get to know the characters sooner. The opening was good, but then there were a lot of small missed opportunities to flesh out the characters a bit more. Again, the later half fixed most of that. I really liked the characters played by the roommate from Transformers 2. This movie proves that he actually can act.
Spoiler
I loved the scene where he sacrificed himself, because it wasn't climatic at all. It felt very real.
[close]
Michelle Rodriguez's character was cool, and not too over the top like most people feared. I also really liked the main character.
Spoiler
Also, the kid's father dieing really got to me. I liked that scene a lot
[close]
The action was intense, and great throughout. The shakey cam got a little too excessive at times, but it was still enjoyable.
Spoiler
I also loved the scene where all the marines jumped out of the helicopter. Really good scene. A bit cliche, but it worked. Same goes for the ending.
[close]

I enjoyed the movie, but it did have some faults (the gap in characterization towards the beginning, after the opening scene), but the pros outweighed the cons. If I went in with slightly different expectations, I probably wouldn't have minded that.

8/10 Really enjoyable. Not perfect, but a good star to 2001's year of movies. Also, much better than Skyline :P

Oh, and the Super 8 trailer was a very welcomed surprise. I had no idea it was coming, but man was it great!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The Big Lebowski 10/10

I love thsi voeiwl.f**king hilarious, brillitatnltey acted, and a qutie interesting sotry. Just wish I coulda paid more attention while wathcing it earlier. Oh, well. Was still f**king entertaiting.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 12, 2011, 07:21:46 AM
The Big Lebowski 10/10

I love thsi voeiwl.f**king hilarious, brillitatnltey acted, and a qutie interesting sotry. Just wish I coulda paid more attention while wathcing it earlier. Oh, well. Was still f**king entertaiting.

Ahahaha, I've quoted you now. Your impaired spelling is now a stain on your permenant record!

PredatorGFX

PredatorGFX

Piranha.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Battle: Los Angeles

Everyone has pretty much said what I could have said so I'll just give it the 8/10 and get it over with ;D

Rango 8/10 Awesome, definitely one of my favorite animated films of the last few years.

Lie

Lie

Gantz live action movie

10/10 Deep

They had to changed up alot but the guy playing Kurono played him well, Nishi was perfect and his death way far more brutal.

Can't wait for part 2.  ;D

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Mar 12, 2011, 08:43:40 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 12, 2011, 07:21:46 AM
The Big Lebowski 10/10

Ahahaha, I've quoted you now. Your impaired spelling is now a stain on your permenant record!

I think that's the best review I've written.

Prime113

Prime113

Battle: Los Angeles!

Loved it! One of my favorite Alien movies.

The best part of the film to me was the cinematography, the movie just looked fantastic. Action was great. At times it could be a little shaky, and there could have been more medium shots. The guns sounded real, the explosions were real and the actors looked great as Marines. I thought the acting was actually good, not the greatest, but not as bad as some people are making it out to be. Also I thought the aliens weren't too bad either.

There were a couple negatives. Like critics have said the dialogue can be a little weak and a little cheesy. But, again, I didn't think it was as bad as people made it out to be. And the other negative I saw were the aliens in combat. There were two scene in particular were they just seemed kinda dumb.

My dad and I are going to watch it again in a few weeks, simply because during some scenes there is just SO much going on, but that wasn't a bad thing, in my opinion.

ON first view 8.5/10

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 12, 2011, 04:30:57 PM
I think that's the best review I've written.

Yeah.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Leviathan

Try to imagine Alien and The Thing making a baby in a swimming pool. Then flash forward nine months to the birth, whereupon even the parents are shocked by the aberration they've created. They then take it upon themselves to lock it in a box and cast it into the depths of the ocean where it remains hidden for several years... until Robocop and Marv from Home Alone find it.

That's Leviathan. And by all means, seek it out if (like me) you enjoy this sort of shameless rip-off. But you will get nothing more than that. Although it does have a good cast (Richard Crenna and Ernie Hudson stand out), and whilst it is visually appealing, this never attempts to do anything new. EVER. It takes place at the bottom of the sea, but could just as easily be set on a mining ship in space.

Like that other film.

So it often feels like a big missed opportunity; and this unfortunately extends to Stan Winston's effects. They're actually pretty good, but get ruined by awful editing which doesn't give us a chance to admire them and ends up making the Fish Squid Thingy look clumsy as a result, when it should really look like a multi-tentacled mound of absorbed cast members.

You know, a bit like that other film!

Now... where can I find Deep Star Six?     

Keg

Keg

Ive just watched the Trailers for both Leviathon and DeepStar Six on youtube. Why the hell havnt I even heard of these films before dammit.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Keg on Mar 12, 2011, 07:32:47 PM
Ive just watched the Trailers for both Leviathon and DeepStar Six on youtube. Why the hell havnt I even heard of these films before dammit.

It's been ages since I've watched Leviathon but I just checked out DeepStar Six on youtube and it looks like some great B-movie chaos!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed