Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,068,014 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Keg on Mar 01, 2011, 08:14:32 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Mar 01, 2011, 08:09:48 PM
Watching King Kong Extended cut, great movie, but way too long, it was too long to begin with and then the extended cut is 20 minutes longer, i almost feel it might be easier to watch in 3 segments, the journey, the island, and the capture.

I didnt mind the extra 20 minutes because most of the extra scenes are action orientated anyway. If anything, the fact that the film is overly long to start with, I think the new scenes help move it along quicker because of the added action. I loved the new swamp scene where they get attacked on the raft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ke7BGaanC0#

I have to see the Extended Cut NOW.

Quote from: severen76 on Mar 01, 2011, 09:36:26 PM
I wouldn't have minded the really long runtime so much if it had a bit more Andy Serkis in it. His character was so funny; running from the Dinosaur stampede whilst still smoking a cigar. :D

yeah, at least he got a good long honourable  death scene, i :( every time though

severen76

severen76

Giant penis-worms. The bastards.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Wow, I thought there were only like two people on this site, including me, that liked that movie. Well, to be honest, I love that movie, and I find it's far better than any of the other versions.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: severen76 on Mar 01, 2011, 10:00:13 PM
Giant penis-worms. The bastards.
Burt Gummer agrees.
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 02, 2011, 12:04:31 AM
Wow, I thought there were only like two people on this site, including me, that liked that movie. Well, to be honest, I love that movie, and I find it's far better than any of the other versions.
I love the movie, though I'm not sure I would say better than the '33 version. Maybe on par with it, but not better.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I love Jackson's King Kong. Can't really compare it to the original though, I have only seen this and the one from the 70's.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 02, 2011, 12:21:11 AM
I love Jackson's King Kong. Can't really compare it to the original though, I have only seen this and the one from the 70's.

What did you think of the '76 one? I never really liked that one...

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 02, 2011, 12:21:11 AM

Yeah, same. There's no comparison between those two versions.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 02, 2011, 12:22:23 AMWhat did you think of the '76 one? I never really liked that one...

I loved it when I was a kid, but didn't really care for it when I watched it again a couple of years ago. I still liked the actors, but everything else looked very stiff. Didn't really mind that they came to Skull Island looking for oil either.

I really need to see the original sometime.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Definitely watch the original. One of my favorite movies!

And the '05 one is the perfect example of how to do a good remake. Never before have I seen a remake that completely understands and respects the original while managing to almost top it.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

The original rocks. Tons of fun.

I really like Jackson's as well. Came at a critical time in my life, not to mention Weta's critter designs are the best since Winston.

severen76

severen76

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 02, 2011, 12:28:53 AM
Definitely watch the original. One of my favorite movies!

And the '05 one is the perfect example of how to do a good remake. Never before have I seen a remake that completely understands and respects the original while managing to almost top it.

I think Jackson was planning on making a Kong remake his entire career. I believe it was the reason he got into film making.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Yeah. LotR is likely his magnum opus, but King Kong is the closest to his heart.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

The X-Files: I Want to Believe

Hmm. Not sure if I can take Billy Connolly seriously as a pedophile priest... Uh, anyway, this had enough mystery and body horror to keep me interested. Hadn't seen much of the show, save for a few early episodes, so I'm grateful for them not seeping this film in the series' continuity. Meant I wasn't scratching my head like I was when I saw the first movie.

severen76

severen76

I haven't seen any of the X-Files series either just opening of the show, but for some reason I preferred the first film to the second. It's been a long time since I've seen both though. I've been meaning to pick up the first season to see what it's like. I bet it's really dated now.

I know what you mean about Billy Connolly, it's weird not seeing him as a Saint or a really unfunny comedian.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed