Ridley Scott confirms progress with Prometheus 2

Started by ShadowPred, Oct 27, 2013, 05:03:04 AM

Author
Ridley Scott confirms progress with Prometheus 2 (Read 56,571 times)

RobThom

RobThom

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 29, 2013, 01:00:22 PM
It shouldn't - even if Blade Runner 2 is total garbage, the original movie still exists and you can always re-watch it. :)

I've heard this perspective before, and I understand.

But the problem I have with it is that you cant go on a forum or a comment section without having to deal with the distraction of 13 year olds insisting that the latest mess ridley or the strauss brothers have made is canon.
(Yes I noticed your sig pic.)

It really does kind of shmutz some of the fun of many favorite movie.

So far I've been able to avoid the particular conversation, but I'm dreading the eventual confrontation with a prom child who insists that derelicts actually fly backwards.
That just doesn't sound like any kind of fun.

(True Alien doesn't specify which way they fly, but there's no evidence of backwards flight except via the diseased minds of the shambling remains of ridley and that scumbag damon lindelof, which I refuse to recognize.)

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 30, 2013, 02:03:50 AM
i agree with you on KOH and him doing the blade runner as it doesnt need to be done but american gangster was not a meandering mess and no good scenes?

I had almost the same experience with AG as I had with prom.
I watched it the first time and tried to convince myself it was pretty good and I just needed to rewatch it.
Then I rewatched it and began to become discouraged.
And rewatched it multiple times until I became disappointed in AG,
horrified by Prom.

And I love Gangster flicks.
But I dont suffer any flick, sci-fi or gangster just for the genre.

I didn't think it was a good one.

But that just my opinion,
its not law or canon.

And thanks for the clip links.

@ SM,
only things that deserve it.
;)

Elicas

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 30, 2013, 01:53:22 AM
Quote from: Elicas on Oct 30, 2013, 01:50:38 AM
As long as whatever he does stays out of future Alien releases (like videogames) I'll be happy. Do what you like Ridley, I'm not f**king watching it.

The last thing I'd want to see is this excrement seep into the already poor videogame/comic/novel tie ins however. A:CM was wank enough as is, without further contamination.

so you'd place all that over a movie? way to lose your perspective man

Yes, all the games, comics and novels released so far were more enjoyable to me than Prometheus was. To have the things I disliked about Prom enter into those things I do enjoy would directly impact my enjoyment of the whole franchise, that has yet to be released.

I've not lost my perspective, it's merely different than yours.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Elicas on Oct 30, 2013, 03:18:06 AM
As long as whatever he does stays out of future Alien releases (like videogames) I'll be happy. Do what you like Ridley, I'm not f**king watching it.

The last thing I'd want to see is this excrement seep into the already poor videogame/comic/novel tie ins however. A:CM was wank enough as is, without further contamination.

Yes, all the games, comics and novels released so far were more enjoyable to me than Prometheus was. To have the things I disliked about Prom enter into those things I do enjoy would directly impact my enjoyment of the whole franchise, that has yet to be released.

either way its a silly perspective

Elicas

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 30, 2013, 03:38:26 AM

Yes, all the games, comics and novels released so far were more enjoyable to me than Prometheus was. To have the things I disliked about Prom enter into those things I do enjoy would directly impact my enjoyment of the whole franchise that has yet to be released.

Ah I see, anyone with an opinion different to you is silly? Because we place value on different things?

That's the definition of a troll, "You think differently to me, hur dur you're stupid!". How dare you judge which parts of the franchise I'm allowed to enjoy?

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Elicas on Oct 30, 2013, 04:39:13 AM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 30, 2013, 03:38:26 AM

Yes, all the games, comics and novels released so far were more enjoyable to me than Prometheus was. To have the things I disliked about Prom enter into those things I do enjoy would directly impact my enjoyment of the whole franchise that has yet to be released.

Ah I see, anyone with an opinion different to you is silly? Because we place value on different things?

That's the definition of a troll, "You think differently to me, hur dur you're stupid!". How dare you judge which parts of the franchise I'm allowed to enjoy?

im pretty ballsy aren't i?

Rong

AVPG NEVER CHANGE  :-* :-* :-* :-*

predxeno

predxeno

Prometheus had some interesting ideas, I don't think anyone can fight that; it just shouldn't have been holding hands with the Alien franchise.  NIMBY, bitch. 

Also, as an atheist and sci-fi geek, I couldn't connect very well with protagonist Elizabeth Shaw for MANY reasons; hell, I could better connect with Peter Weyland than her.

SM

SM

How does being a sci-fi geek make Weyland more relatable than Shaw?

And how does being an atheist correlate with a dude who's spent his entire life contemplating life's great mysteries to the point where he'll pay a trillion dollars to go meet God?

DaddyYautja

Meh, i rather hear about a new AVP movie that still takes place in present time rather than this.
Cause really hate Lucas for the prequels but that was nothing compared to what was done here.

Darth Vile

Anyone who seriously thinks that AVP is, in any way, 'better' or has more technical merit that Prometheus needs a lesson in filmmaking and art appreciation... Promtheus' deleted scenes have more technical merit than AVP :/

Rong

Quote from: Darth Vile on Oct 30, 2013, 07:41:23 AM
Anyone who seriously thinks that AVP is, in any way, 'better' or has more technical merit that Prometheus needs a lesson in filmmaking and art appreciation... Promtheus' deleted scenes have more technical merit than AVP :/

QFT

SiL

Quote from: Darth Vile on Oct 30, 2013, 07:41:23 AM
Or is capable of forming an opinion.

dave1978

Its atleast 2 years away and im already BORED with everything he has said.

Im done with this SNORE.

genocyber

Quote from: AlienĀ³ on Oct 30, 2013, 01:03:15 AM
Quote from: genocyber on Oct 30, 2013, 12:14:14 AM
I think Ridley is full of shit. I don't think anything is written. He just wants to make it but has no idea what to do yet. He just said that to throw a bone for the fans, the same way Raimi often says he'll make another Army of Darkness.
I think what we'll get is maybe another 10 years of waiting, Ridley becoming producer, someone else directing, and a even more confusing story.

NON-BELIEVER!
Face it, when it comes to making Alien films your always in for long waits year after year, and a disappointing payoff.

Gash

Good news. Watched Prometheus for the first time in a long time just the other day and don't understand the hate -well, I understand the hate from teenage fan boys who can't accept a film without lots of aliens in it - but beyond that, what I see in Prometheus is a return to the grand idea of an ancient weapon out of control.

I like that Ridley says he can expand the mythology, Prometheus was just the start of the mystery, and a far more interesting f**cked up life cycle mystery than the sequels to ALIEN ever attempted.

I loved the fact that despite it being more than thirty years on Ridley easily managed to make the films look related, whereas all the pretenders that followed in his wake just looked to the steam and grime and the big bad monster.

Thematically it's also great to see an atheist film taking a look at blind faith and throwing ancient alien perversion out there as 'God'.

Cool. Can't wait.   

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed