The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 324,124 times)

Sylenall

Sylenall

Quote from: Giger_Incubator on Feb 10, 2010, 10:40:30 PM
Why does everyone assume its not in there?  Just because its not in the multiplayer options, doesn't mean its not there.  Surely they wouldn't want to show all their secrets.

It's not in there because it's been confirmed in multiple Interviews and Q&As.

Steve C

Steve C

Come on, Wolf punched an alien in the face!  He was so cool.  Ian Whyte did an amazing job.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Wolf decided that he wanted to shoot two acid-bleeding monsters while holding them.

ikarop

ikarop

Second guide at SOA's blog, here.

PsychoticMarik

Quote from: predalien27 on Feb 11, 2010, 03:04:57 AM
Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Feb 11, 2010, 02:26:13 AM
Quote from: Spaghetti on Feb 11, 2010, 01:52:29 AM
Quote from: Steve C on Feb 11, 2010, 01:20:48 AM
Both movies sucked horribly, but Wolf was such a badass.

If by badass, you mean completely bathed script immunity and beating up on retarded weaklings then yeah I guess he was pretty badass.
Sounds alot like the predator from the first movie actually.
Arnie was such a weakling!  ::)
So could we then argue that Arnie was like wolf in the first predator movie? lul
More seriously tho...Arnie is super human : P
I lul'd when he took a plasma shot to the arm and nothing happened. While the other guy lost his arm entirely.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Feb 11, 2010, 04:05:50 AM

If by badass, you mean completely bathed script immunity and beating up on retarded weaklings then yeah I guess he was pretty badass.
So could we then argue that Arnie was like wolf in the first predator movie? lul
I lul'd when he took a plasma shot to the arm and nothing happened. While the other guy lost his arm entirely.
The one guy in P2 took a plasma shot to the face and lived!

PsychoticMarik

Seriously?
Been a long time since I've seen the 2nd one.

Guess this game follows canon a bit better than we thought eh?
Crazy powerful humans.

Spectre

Spectre

Quote from: predalien27 on Feb 11, 2010, 04:09:14 AM
Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Feb 11, 2010, 04:05:50 AM

The one guy in P2 took a plasma shot to the face and lived!

Well the laws of physics don't apply to Gary Busey... signified by his levitating torso after the smart disc cuts him in two.

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Feb 10, 2010, 05:24:40 AM
His explanation for not including LC seems like a lazy excuse to me.
They already modeled the facehugger and such...cant seriously have taken much more work

are you serious??
"you have the model, surely the game just creates itself around that??"
the ignorance of that actually hurts my brain.
draw a car.... by your logic you`ll find yourself playing Burnout the second you lift the pencil from the paper.

i`m sick and tired of reading that every answer we give is "a lazy excuse"
NO-ONE who worked on this game can be called lazy in any way, it`s been a ludicrous amount of work and it`s been said countless times that some things simply didn`t make it into the game for a variety of legitimate and valid reasons, none of them lazy.

also - read Reply #1293 from Aimless.

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

Quote from: S.Y.L on Feb 11, 2010, 09:22:29 AM
They already modeled the facehugger and such...cant seriously have taken much more work

are you serious??
draw a car.... by your logic you`ll find yourself playing Burnout the second you lift the pencil from the paper.

NO-ONE who worked on this game can be called lazy in any way, it`s been a ludicrous amount of work and it`s been said countless times that some things simply didn`t make it into the game for a variety of legitimate and valid reasons, none of them lazy.

Spot on that is.

I 've read so much of, i would have done this and they should have done this. The demo is great the way it is and i can't wait for the full game. Which is BETTER than the demo as the demo is only a pre-code.

Big Head Ninja

So when do you guys think the big sites like IGN will be posting their reviews? The American release is just days away, I'm interested to see what kind of reaction it recieves from them.

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

Quote from: Big Head Ninja on Feb 11, 2010, 10:59:12 AM
So when do you guys think the big sites like IGN will be posting their reviews? The American release is just days away, I'm interested to see what kind of reaction it recieves from them.

IGN 8.5 good review toooo!!  ;D ;D ;D

PsychoticMarik

Quote from: S.Y.L on Feb 11, 2010, 09:22:29 AM

are you serious??

Right...because you know its not like they have all the animations done for the facehugger or anything.
Wait...they do. I know its no easy task, but really when all the needed models are already done and animations including for SP its valid that I would feel a bit ripped off that they didn't add a mode they easily could have. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that they had held it back on purpose for a sequel just because they need the new content.

I can live without it, but I think my point is valid.
They would have received more praise for such a unique game type, and everyone's a bit disappointed that its not there.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Everyone?

I didn't hate the facehugger gameplay, but ultimately I thought it was wasted time in the SP Alien campaign. It was fun in multiplayer, but horribly imbalanced as well.

Personally, I don't think it's a bad thing that it's not included.

PLEXI

PLEXI

QuoteRight...because you know its not like they have all the animations done for the facehugger or anything.
Wait...they do. I know its no easy task, but really when all the needed models are already done and animations including for SP its valid that I would feel a bit ripped off that they didn't add a mode they easily could have. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that they had held it back on purpose for a sequel just because they need the new content.
I agree that somethings were put off due to being "lazy"..  However, for Life Cycle that is a legitimate reason. That would take quite a bit of time and work... and in the long run, time and money that could have been spent on the core of the game. I would rather all the resources be spent on making the core as perfect as possible, as it will require less patching, which is good for everyone. I miss LC, but I can completely understand why it was left out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed