The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 324,123 times)

Matt

Matt

Quote from: Dajanksta on Feb 06, 2010, 04:51:11 PM
motion tracker annoying? wtf?
Actually, that i agree with. The MT is annoying.

Everything else i'll rate when i get the fullgame.

RubberChickenMan

Something is wrong with gi's review of the game. It seems like he wants to hate the game.

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

Quote from: Xhan on Feb 06, 2010, 04:47:41 AM
For all the good it'll do. Welcome to what a non-fan is going to say about the game.
I don't think so. All my friends(non-fans) that have played the demo with me say it's awesome and now there gonna buy the game.

dude63

dude63

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 06, 2010, 07:50:52 AM
Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Feb 06, 2010, 07:14:07 AM
So a reviewer doesn't like a game and suddenly he is a horrible person who needs to get laid?

I'm having flashbacks to early reviews of AVPR.

Nope, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's my opinion about his work. He doesn't have a solid argument, the review is plain & simple, also completly unprofesional. Besides the guy sounds uptight and angry.

Exactly. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However as a video game jorunalist it has to come int othe reign of a professional written review. Not some anger filled review with not even reasons to its hate..its just hate. Seriously complaining because aliens can climb on walls and how its a challenge. Then to go and say the predator is too stealthy. Come on, this just goes int toeh reigns of..bs and stupid.

hardwired

hardwired

Quote from: Some_Guy on Feb 05, 2010, 03:33:29 PM
http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=17128

Verdict on demo, this line in particular is interesting:
QuoteOne of the biggest problems is that the demo feels unpolished. This can be excused somewhat by the disclaimer at the start of the demo that it's an old build but still, it's being put in the public eye to be judged and there's no denying it's lacking some spit and polish. We've played the full version, and it feels more solid, so it's a shame Rebellion couldn't rustle up some more recent code to entice players.

Thats the only thing im really interessested in. I hoped that, cause the bad controls of the PC-Version and the consolelike weaponswitching and the matchmaking were indicators for an early/consolebuild. The overall clunky- and choppyness is maybe gone.
I wouldnt buy the game if its like the demo, but if i get a chance to test a new demo or the full version i will think about it again. : )

...OK, one moment. In that case i really wouldnt wonder, if thats simply a lie. We will see...

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

I am really enjoying the demo(the times i get to play lol) and if the full game is better than the demo, I can't wait for it.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Looks like a whole bunch of people are posting complaints about the review on his Gameinformer profile.

stemot

stemot

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 06, 2010, 10:53:53 PM
Looks like a whole bunch of people are posting complaints about the review on his Gameinformer profile.

You got a link to that? I fancy a laugh.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: stemot on Feb 06, 2010, 10:56:27 PM

Seconded. Maybe I'll add a complaint myself.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

http://gameinformer.com/members/GIBen/default.aspx?CommentPosted=True#CommentPosted

enjoy.

stemot

stemot

Thanks mate :)

EatWheat

EatWheat

Quote from: XxecutionerxX on Feb 06, 2010, 09:27:08 PM
For all the good it'll do. Welcome to what a non-fan is going to say about the game.
I don't think so. All my friends(non-fans) that have played the demo with me say it's awesome and now there gonna buy the game.
That is very true all of my friends who tried it ( not even knowing what avp was ) really enjoyed it. I think all the fans are criticizing so much because its new and exactly like the original.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: EatWheat on Feb 06, 2010, 11:21:53 PM
That is very true all of my friends who tried it ( not even knowing what avp was ) really enjoyed it. I think all the fans are criticizing so much because its new and exactly like the original.

How is it exactly like the original? I think it feels new and fresh.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 06, 2010, 11:19:21 PM

http://gameinformer.com/members/GIBen/default.aspx?CommentPosted=True#CommentPosted

enjoy.

:D
What a wonderful read.

EatWheat

EatWheat

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 06, 2010, 11:23:14 PM
Quote from: EatWheat on Feb 06, 2010, 11:21:53 PM

How is it exactly like the original? I think it feels new and fresh.
Sorry I meant to say not exactly like the original

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed