Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 21, 2019, 12:49:19 AM

Author
Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well? (Read 48,382 times)

SM

Sorry, I think you're correct in that the guy on the right is Thomas. Or at least it's supposed to be.

He was apparently conscious enough to unstrap his video camera after being hugged.

SiL

Rousseau was conscious enough to pick herself up off the floor and lean on the sacrificial slab.

SM

If they were conscious- they should've just tried maybe pulling the huggers off.  They weren't clamped on terribly tight.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Feb 03, 2024, 01:42:44 PMI dont expect it is instantaneous, but the finger he uses to mark Lex a decent amount of time afterwards is questionable at least.

But the moving facehugger hosts really is a bit daft.

To be fair...that was supposed to be from a fresh corpse (Grid's?) but they trimmed/deleted that scene.

SiL

It was originally Grid's, but on set it just looks like chunks of regular Alien around them.

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 05, 2024, 08:45:49 AM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Feb 03, 2024, 01:42:44 PMI dont expect it is instantaneous, but the finger he uses to mark Lex a decent amount of time afterwards is questionable at least.

But the moving facehugger hosts really is a bit daft.

To be fair...that was supposed to be from a fresh corpse (Grid's?) but they trimmed/deleted that scene.

I never paid much attention to that scene and thought it was a facehugger finger from earlier.

SiL

It's an adult finger from earlier. The one he used to demonstrate the acid blood while making the armour.

The Cruentus

Quote from: SiL on Feb 05, 2024, 12:33:55 AMRousseau was conscious enough to pick herself up off the floor and lean on the sacrificial slab.

That was after the facehugger dropped off and she woke up.

SiL

Quote from: The Cruentus on Feb 05, 2024, 10:50:55 AM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 05, 2024, 12:33:55 AMRousseau was conscious enough to pick herself up off the floor and lean on the sacrificial slab.

That was after the facehugger dropped off and she woke up.
True, I forgot; but she lands face down and wakes up on her back.

The Cruentus

When she falls down, she is still struggling with the hugger so its likely she was rolling around for a few seconds before being knocked out while she was on her back.

The interesting thing here however is that she is standing a few steps before the grate that is in the middle of room (so its in front of her), but when she gets hugged and knocked back (away from the grate), the next shot shows that she somehow landed on the grate. A goof lol

SM

She miles away from the grate when the facehuggers leap.

SiL

She should've landed almost by the door.

And yet it's been 20 years and I'm only realising most of this now.

The Cruentus

I think the closest Rousseau gets before being attacked is just up the step by the slab.

There is quite a few goofs in that movie, for example, Celtic's mask gets headbitten and you see the hole, only in the next shot the hole is gone.

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Alien_vs._Predator_goofs

SiL

You can add another under revealing mistakes; the image of Scar and Lex is flipped for a shot or two at the end when they look at the hole made by the self destruct.

The Cruentus

Interesting, I'll check that out. I guess there is still more things to spot in these movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed