The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 84,472 times)

Jigsaw85

Quote from: blood. on Sep 08, 2018, 07:35:24 AM
ok waiting is killing me, I haven't read any spoiler tags but from a few hints and teases that've leaked through I'm going to speculate the worst possible ending I can come up with and see how close I am after the films release

Spoiler
I'm gonna guess Quinn's autistic son figures out how to communicate with the predator and at the climax of the film at the last minute he negotiates some kind of truce and gets the predator to leave.

That, or his son calls for predator backup. Either way, it's some dumb plot twist where the autistic son saves the day.
[close]

Nope, that ending at least feels plausible in the world of Predator. the ending is like watching a Die Hard movie where John McClane is in the middle of a shoot-out with terrorists and then all of a sudden Roger Rabbit comes out of nowhere "Jumpin' Jeepers Johnny, what are we going to do!?" and you're like "WHAT THE F@CK!?!" It's like watching a Friday the 13th film where Jason is defeated and the teens walk away to safety and then Nick Fury shows up and offers them a spot in the Avengers. It's like the ending promises to take Predator and turn it into something it's not: a completely different genre.

Predboy

Uhh....yeah. I had to find out what the ending was because of everyone commenting on how bad it is. I'm not going to lie, it sounds ridiculous and almost kills any desire for me to see the movie now. Are they trying to turn this into some Marvel movie spin off with an R rating?

Baroo

Baroo

And here we have the new narrative start to form as itbecomes clearer and clearer what the film is and always has been.

"Um, ackshually it's the fault of the toxic fanbase that the movie is an mess. If you'd just lowered you standards, accepted every leaked and released bit of info about this movie as being amazing, it would have been! Your constant naysaying bullied Shane Black into making a bad film!"

It's the Last Jedi/Ghostbusters defense. It's not the Studios/filmmakers fault for making a bad movie, why the audience is at fault for insisting that the turf in question is not, in fact, a candy bar. It's a pathetic attempt to save face, and nothing less than what I've come to expect from this movies defenders.

Corporal Hicks

Nah, I think they and we weren't going to win either way. While we obviously can't attest to the reality of it, if they'd made the early script they'd have had a possibly more coherent movie but it was so divergent the fanbase would have hated it anyway. Instead they've got a fun ride that isn't so coherent and I don't think will hold up to much scrutiny.

azamultic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2018, 04:06:17 PM
Nah, I think they and we weren't going to win either way. While we obviously can't attest to the reality of it, if they'd made the early script they'd have had a possibly more coherent movie but it was so divergent the fanbase would have hated it anyway. Instead they've got a fun ride that isn't so coherent and I don't think will hold up to much scrutiny.

So technically we got the worst out of two evils?  ;D

Corporal Hicks

I dunno...at least I found it super fun while I watching it. I really did love the Loonies.

azamultic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2018, 04:18:00 PM
I dunno...at least I found it super fun while I watching it. I really did love the Loonies.

I really cant wait to see that movie, but I have a question Hicks. What is next? What do you think is going to happen? The reviews are mixed, so I guess it will underpreform. Also fans hating it not going to help it, and this whole Disney thing. Is it the last Predator movie? Or we would get a continuation in 10+ years?)
What is your idea on that situation?  :)

Lionhart

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Sep 08, 2018, 02:05:25 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 08, 2018, 02:03:03 PM
Quote from: Lionhart on Sep 08, 2018, 01:30:30 PM
Hicks, how would u rank this movie? Better than predators) 2010)

He gave The Predator a 6/10 and Predators a 8/10.

Damn that's not good....Predators was ok but no were near great so The Predator is worse....that's a disappointment.
That's not good at all. Damn

Dannyboy

Still wondering what the other cut of the film might be 🤔

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 08, 2018, 04:22:39 PM
What is next? What do you think is going to happen?

Winter Soldier. Time travel. Nazi's. Future tech. Jeff Goldblum.

How else can we explain that:

Spoiler

The Predators hair is actually a mind controlling parasite that's been using them to conquer space. I guess next time we're going to have to assemble a rag-tag group of combat hardened barbers, willing to sacrifice everything for the good of the galaxy.
[close]

Xerxész

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 08, 2018, 01:01:24 PM
For oversensitive people, probably yes.

For example I'm not oversensitive and I've read the ending. :)
Believe me, it's total stupid, bad idea implemented in the film. You won't like it, I'm sure.
No fans will like it...no fans.

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 08, 2018, 04:22:39 PM
What is next? What do you think is going to happen?

Everything depends on how this movie will result in finance.
If we have to wait an other 5-10 years for a next Predator movie, then that movie will fit to the actual movie trend...
...just like this one...to the
Spoiler
f**king superheroes.
[close]
That's so simple. Money and demand talks. Scripts and movies will be adjusted to these things.

Anyway, these questions?
-
Spoiler
Does anybody of the survivors try on that suit in the end of the film? How does it turn out that the suit is intended for the humans?
[close]
- Any predator weapon/gadget used by humans other than Traeger's shoulder cannon?
- Do we know how Fugitive gets those scratches on his first mask?
- Do the main heroes return to Stargazer lab after the event of Fugitive's escape? If yes, why?
- Communication between human and Predator?
Spoiler
Is the translator device in the final film?
[close]

azamultic

Quote from: Xerxész on Sep 08, 2018, 07:54:42 PM

Everything depends on how this movie will result in finance.
If we have to wait an other 5-10 years for a next Predator movie, then that movie will fit to the actual movie trend...
...just like this one...to the
Spoiler
f**king superheroes.
[close]
That's so simple. Money and demand talks. Scripts and movies will be adjusted to these things.

That's of course true, I was asking more about, is there a possibility of Disney killing the franchise? Or is there any idea how long to wait for another instulment with this kind of not too successful entry (yet), just an aproximate Ideas  ;)

Xerxész

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 08, 2018, 08:13:19 PM
That's of course true, I was asking more about, is there a possibility of Disney killing the franchise? Or is there any idea how long to wait for another instulment with this kind of not too successful entry (yet), just an aproximate Ideas  ;)

In case of success --> approximately 2-3 years.
In case of flop --> probably more than 8-10 years.

Of course we can not know it for sure...it's just a guess.
And regarding Disney... Most likely the Predator, Alien and AvP franchise will be softened, more human-friendly I think.

Actual Hybrid

Very Important Question for those that have seen film:

Spoiler
In one of the reviews, it is mentioned that a characters blood is used to reveal either the Assassin or the Fugitive, while cloaked. 

who is that Character? is it Sapir?
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Spoiler
One of McKenna's men from the start.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed