The Deadpool Chimichanga-Thread

Started by Purebreedalien, May 06, 2009, 06:54:24 PM

Author
The Deadpool Chimichanga-Thread (Read 164,546 times)

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

I remember hearing in an interview that Ryan Reynolds wouldn't be involved in the film
unless the movie was 100% faithful to source material. I think Reynolds realises what the fans
want, being a fan of deadpool himself. Although that's not entirely up to him what happens with the story, i think Reynolds is too important to risk him leaving the movie so i think the spin off should be faithful.
Seeming that he's already involved in the film and it is in draft writing stages, i think the script being produced at the moment would be a close origin story of deadpool in the comics but also adapting to how deadpool was portrayed in x-men origins wolverine. 

Huol

Huol

I doubt it'll be that great.

It'll just be another action movie with some slight resemblance to deadpool.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Xhan on May 06, 2009, 11:47:04 PM
That's not any different than other of other Marvel movie offerings. All of them have gone back to the most popular/populist beginning, all of them have vastly simplified and de-comic-ized the panoply, keeping only the basic element and roots of the characters. That also happens to be why they're successful. The minute you start fetishizing everything, you end up with stuff like UltraViolet.

That's what I want them to do, keep the basic elements and roots of the character. I don't want them to put everything Deadpool related in there. I could live without T-Ray, Bob, and the Hellhouse. As long as they've got Deadpool interacting with Al in the Deadhut, Gerry in Golden Gate Park and causing a ruckus with Weasel then I'm good.

Huol

Huol

But... Bob. ;-;

Aeus

Aeus

What can I say, he's funny and all, but doesn't really do much.

However if Hydra is included then he better be in it.  :D

Huol

Huol

I read a post on /co/ of Deadpool being hired to take down a dog.
The entire movie is him trying to kill this dog while bumping into a Hydra cell and much more important stuff.

However he is still after that damn dog.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

that sounds funny

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

What's wrong with the dog?

dachande89

dachande89

Definitly can't wait to see this movie.

Übermensch

Übermensch

I didn't know anything about Deadpool going in to see Wolverine, but based on that movie I'm not that interested in seeing an entire movie about his character.  Maybe if it sticks to the comics or something.

dachande89

dachande89

Quote from: DoomsdayApocalypse on May 08, 2009, 02:08:34 AM
I didn't know anything about Deadpool going in to see Wolverine, but based on that movie I'm not that interested in seeing an entire movie about his character.  Maybe if it sticks to the comics or something.

Yea that thing at the end of the movie was not Deadpool. Wade Wilson at the beginning of the movie was the closest they got to Deadpool. Hopefully the next film will keep him as the funny ass mercenary thats breaks the 4th wall.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Aeus on May 06, 2009, 11:22:28 PM
You mean having Blind Al in? Yeah sure they could mess her up, but it'd give me some hope that they are paying attention to the dynamics that made Deadpool good in the first place. The guys slightly more than just a wise cracking mercenary loony, and Blind Al brings this to the forefront more than other characters he's been used with.

Weasel too. He's Deadpool's sidekick and is just as important as Blind Al.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Alienseseses on May 07, 2009, 11:31:45 PM
What's wrong with the dog?

Nothing, just someone hired him to get rid of it.
Maybe an neighbour annoyed by its constant barking or something.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Ryan Reynolds discusses Deadpool:

"Well, I'm intimately involved with it.  We're just trying to break a story right now and figure out who the villain is going to be and all that stuff.  But, it's going to be just like the comic books.  I'm gonna have a messed up face and you may see some flashbacks of Wade earlier in his life, but primarily what you see is what you get in the comics and that's the goal.  And there is no better place to draw material from then the comics which are incredible."

Rest of the article here: http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-5-30-breaking-ryan-reynolds-actively-working-on-deadpool-spinoff

Cellien

Cellien

Well that's good news.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed