SCREENING OF PROMETHEUS!!!!

Started by BiggyMac04, Jan 19, 2012, 08:22:30 PM

Author
SCREENING OF PROMETHEUS!!!! (Read 51,629 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

What I don't like about this is the idea that the film will be reported on by attendants and more then likely spoiled 3 full months before the film releases. Ugh.

obijuanmartinez

Blurry smart phone screen caps ahoy!

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Wish I could go, but I'm in New York...

Makes sense they'd have a screening, though. It's a big studio picture; you have to make sure audiences are okay with it. If they hate it, the studio has a chance to make it better. Or, as in the cases of I Am Legend and Little Shop of Horrors, worse.

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 19, 2012, 08:35:27 PM
Oh, no--this is a test screening.
Let us not forget what happened to ALIEN 3 after its first test screening... :-\
What happened?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jan 19, 2012, 09:43:34 PM
Makes sense they'd have a screening, though. It's a big studio picture; you have to make sure audiences are okay with it. If they hate it, the studio has a chance to make it better. Or, as in the cases of I Am Legend and Little Shop of Horrors, worse.
I guess I'm in the minority with Little Shop of Horrors. I'm all for dark endings, but I liked the characters in LSOH so much that I likely would have been put off by the original ending myself.

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 19, 2012, 08:35:27 PM
Oh, no--this is a test screening.
Let us not forget what happened to ALIEN 3 after its first test screening... :-\
QuoteWhat happened?
It went from resembling David Fincher's assembly cut to what we go in theaters in 1992. The horror.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Ridley Scott carries more weight than David Fincher circa 1992. I doubt FOX will release anything he doesn't approve of after going to the trouble of recruiting him for the project.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 19, 2012, 09:45:59 PM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Jan 19, 2012, 09:43:34 PM
I guess I'm in the minority with Little Shop of Horrors. I'm all for dark endings, but I liked the characters in LSOH so much that I likely would have been put off by the original ending myself.
Eh. Personally I prefer it. And man, they sank 5 million dollars in that rejected ending!

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

I'm guessing if they change anything about Prometheus... it will be the ending.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I doubt this will lead to many changes if it's good. The most that is likely to happen is a few exposition scenes will be added, a la The Thing 2011.
Also, when the screening happens, I wonder how much of it will be unfinished VFX. If it's mostly practical, it shouldn't be too obvious.

hardcorps54

hardcorps54

you would think they would ask fans of the series if they liked it, we are kinda the hardest to please ..... usually

Game_Over_Man

Game_Over_Man

Isn't EVERY movie test screened these days? I'm always getting invites to goddam rom-coms lol

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: hardcorps54 on Jan 19, 2012, 10:25:03 PM
you would think they would ask fans of the series if they liked it, we are kinda the hardest to please ..... usually

Or the opposite - overwhelmed in awesomeness.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 19, 2012, 09:09:13 PM
Quote from: BiggyMac04 on Jan 19, 2012, 08:52:21 PM
nooooooo. damn i wanted to go hella bad. its in nor cal though. the better part so it might be differnet? :laugh:
These things are unfortunately always the same. They go like this:
1. You wait outside the theater in a line while the attendants keep telling you "Oh, they're just cleaning up, it'll just be five more minutes." A half an hour later...

2. You finally get inside. Attendants walk around passing out little bundles of paper and baby pencils. You fill out a Non-disclosure agreement in most cases.

3. Some studio shill walks out, all smiles, and briefly introduces himself and the film.

4. The film starts, usually a rough cut with a temporary score and unfinished visual effects.

5. When the lights go up, you fill out a questionnaire that includes questions along the lines of "Did you think the movie moved too slowly?" or "Were you confused by anything in the movie? Please explain."

6. Everyone leaves after turning in their questionnaires, unless a focus group is being held, in which case a certain number of the audience stays behind to talk about the film. Here's where it gets really depressing. Say the film is a really good, dark, sci-fi film that is clearly aiming to be more than just some shlocky b-picture (like, say, the original cut of 2007's The Invasion). The studio shill will ask the audience "What did you think of this or that?" and the some mouthbreather will raise his or her hand and say "I didn't like it, I thought it was really confusing and stupid, and it went on too long" or "It wasn't exciting enough, parts of it were boring." The inverse happens if the film is some crappy comedy or action picture: everyone in the audience will love it and say "I could, like, see there being like a whole series with this!" And then there is usually one member of the audience who raises their hand and completely contradicts everyone else (usually me, alas) and gets funny looks and pretty much ignored by the studio shill. They tape all this and then take it back to the studio.

It sucks.

Plays out much as I thought then.  :'( When did all this start? Obviously before Blade Runner. Is that why films that predate 1980 are generally more intelligent?

BiggyMac04

BiggyMac04

well i went and seen Act Of Valor last night n they just asked if you liked it n i got in real quick probley cause alot of ppl dont know what that movie was. it was a great movie btw

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

Rated G... WHAT the hell...

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

It won't stay G.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed