What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 594,651 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on May 14, 2019, 01:19:11 AM
Quote from: Huggs on May 14, 2019, 12:52:52 AM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on May 13, 2019, 03:06:11 PM
Well, I passed. Barely.

Even though I passed, it feels like I accomplished nothing. I personally think this is a milestone for me, but others are just magnifying everything I did wrong and acting as though I failed and I'm not ready to move on.

Ignore those people.

It is a milestone, and we're all all very proud of you.

Congratulations Rabbit.

Dammit, I want to give you a hug now.

It's the name.

Happens all the time.  ;)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Passing is passing.  As you get more time behind the wheel, driving will become second nature and you'll eventually wonder why you ever thought it was difficult.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Even though I passed, it feels like I accomplished nothing. I personally think this is a milestone for me, but others are just magnifying everything I did wrong and acting as though I failed and I'm not ready to move on.

f**k 'em. You passed and that's a pass. I remember when I started driving and my instructor very deliberately told me that no-one is great when they start driving. It's not until you pass your test and start driving every day that you get genuinely good at it. And now you've got that opportunity.

In terms of what makes me unhappy today > the Mrs and I had McDs for the first time in ages and my stomach feels like absolute shite today.

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 14, 2019, 05:41:24 AM

f**k 'em. You passed and that's a pass. I remember when I started driving and my instructor very deliberately told me that no-one is great when they start driving. It's not until you pass your test and start driving every day that you get genuinely good at it. And now you've got that opportunity.

In terms of what makes me unhappy today > the Mrs and I had McDs for the first time in ages and my stomach feels like absolute shite today.

Congratualtions Rabbit.  A win is a win.

Hicks, McDonalds is witchcraft

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: The Kurgan on May 13, 2019, 01:08:57 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 13, 2019, 12:34:43 PM
Nearly blacked out at the Gym. My own fault, i over exerted myself.

Its freaky though when you see stars and get lightheaded.

Im fine now, but damn i was stupid

Had the same issue once at a  gym visit after a long and nasty cold on the weight bench.

Nearly dropped the weights right in the teeth.

Christ  :o

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 14, 2019, 02:15:24 PM

Had the same issue once at a  gym visit after a long and nasty cold on the weight bench.

Bloody hell!  Be careful!  I've almost dropped a dumbell on my head a few times, I had a faulty set, the bolt on one side would come loose and the weights would almost slide off.  Like a typical idiot, I didn't replace them for weeks

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 14, 2019, 04:55:57 PM

Bloody hell!  Be careful!  I've almost dropped a dumbell on my head a few times, I had a faulty set, the bolt on one side would come loose and the weights would almost slide off.  Like a typical idiot, I didn't replace them for weeks

Can relate.

Sometimes I wonder how I managed to actually grow old enough to not be a reckless and dangerously lazy idiot anymore  ;D

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 14, 2019, 05:41:24 AM

My instructor was a damn Nazi. But since I could already drive, (drove a standard transmission since age 5) I drove in there and followed her giving one of the tests. I knew exactly what to do. :laugh:

And yeah, fast food is sh*t. The only thing like that I'll eat is Pizza Hut pizza, and that's only twice a year at most.

That's why I use free weights.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Your Ruger is practically a free weight.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 15, 2019, 05:00:39 AM
Your Ruger is practically a free weight.

At over $700, "free" is the last word I'd apply to it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

:laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I don't normally like bitching in this thread myself, but today I went all the way to Wales with my father (a three-hour, 150-mile trip one-way) to help him sort out some stuff at the factory he owns there after his business went bankrupt a couple of years ago. We were supposed to be there so some waste removal people could collect some barrels of chemical that needs disposing of, but upon arriving we discovered kids had broken in and trashed the place (again) and, just for the hell of it, torn the lids off the barrels and tipped them all over the floor. This meant not only is the shit everywhere, the waste disposal guys weren't able to take it because the barrels weren't sealed, making the entire thing a completely wasted trip.

The vandalism's getting so bad he's having to drop the asking price for the factory by hundreds of thousands of pounds because all the damage means it won't sell for what it's actually worth. And it's so far away there's no reasonable way we can be around to try and make sure it's not smashed to pieces by kids breaking in.

And to add insult to injury on top of all that, while we were trying to board up some of the busted-in windows I trod on a nail that went straight through my shoe and into my foot.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Has he considered hiring a security guard to watch the grounds?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

In theory I guess he could, but that would probably require some kind of office for the guy to sit in... and for the place to not be covered in spilt chemicals and broken glass.

The really ridiculous thing is there's a row of houses directly across the road, and the people there say they've been taking videos of it going on and calling the police about it, but typically the police can't be bothered to deal with a break-in at an abandoned factory.

It's a shame we can't just get someone to put a couple of guard dogs in there like the good old days, but now if you do that and someone breaks in and gets bitten, somehow we're at fault and we get sued.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It might be worth calling a security company and asking about.  Maybe they can work out of their cars instead of an office.

https://www.titansecurityeurope.com/location/wales/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed