Bugs?

Started by aliensetta, May 10, 2007, 09:07:30 PM

Author
Bugs? (Read 5,396 times)

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

^The budget is not what caused AvP to be less than it could be. 

Hey, I didn't use the word 'suck'  Who'd have thunk...ah nuts.  :(

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Such claims are a matter of opinion or not.  I happen to feel that a number of factors contributed, but had they been given a little more money, they could have made the movie a little better.  Probably still wouldn't be Cameron-Aliens gold, but a little better.

SM

SM

QuoteBut me? I've always liked the term 'bugs'.   And if you get a big enough boot, they'll squish like bugs too ^_^

I'd be keeping an eye on your nuts if Meathead gets a pair of them boots.  ;D

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on May 14, 2007, 06:28:26 AM
Such claims are a matter of opinion or not. 

True.  What specific aspects of AvP did you feel were lacking due to the budgetary constraints?

Personally, I loathe the sped-up growth of the Aliens, the paper-thin characters, the oddly-chucky Predators, and floppy-ass Alien hands and tails.
Which of those do you think would have been fixed by simply throwing more money at them?

Heck, all y'gotta do is compare the budgets of ALIENS to AvP.  Even in adjusted dollars, ALIENS looks and feels a hundred times bigger than its expensive half-brother.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

QuoteI'd be keeping an eye on your nuts if Meathead gets a pair of them boots.  Grin

I'll check around every corner before I whiz -_^

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on May 14, 2007, 06:28:26 AM
Such claims are a matter of opinion or not.

True.  What specific aspects of AvP did you feel were lacking due to the budgetary constraints?

Personally, I loathe the sped-up growth of the Aliens, the paper-thin characters, the oddly-chucky Predators, and floppy-ass Alien hands and tails.
Which of those do you think would have been fixed by simply throwing more money at them?

Heck, all y'gotta do is compare the budgets of ALIENS to AvP.  Even in adjusted dollars, ALIENS looks and feels a hundred times bigger than its expensive half-brother.

Admitably, my standards are fairly lax.  No one complains half as much as the fully-developed Alien popping out of the dog in Alien 3.  Lousy characters, well, they're all pretty much Alien/Predator fodder anyway so it's no great loss.  The Lineback Predators don't really bother me all that much.  Too beefy of course, but then again I always felt the Predators from the other movies were a bit too lanky (head sometimes looked too large); so still looking for the right balance.  To be honest, didn't really notice any real flopping on the limbs, but hey, the budget would probably help that out somehow.

For me, the movie didn't live up to its title of 'versus' with only 1 1/2 real one on one fight scenes between Alien and Predator (no counting the little Queen Romp).  It would have been nice to see another showdown or two a good opener at the beginning (thinking the Cambodian Alien vs. Pred battle) and one at the end, (Scar vs. Grid).  Such battles were planned, but were cut because of time and money.  Actually, I would have also liked some more visual deaths (perhaps some of the ones that took place off-screen) but the rating was the studio's idea anyway.

Darn it, now we're way off-topic.  If you want, we can discuss it some more in another thread.  Hm . . . repto-bugs would probably be more appropriate than just bugs, given the aliens seem to exhibit a lot of characteristics from both.

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: aliensetta on May 14, 2007, 12:12:29 AM
Quote from: Predboy on May 11, 2007, 09:09:05 PM
Quote from: CelticWarrior on May 11, 2007, 09:05:29 PM
Anderson is so retarded

It really makes my day when I hear those words in that order. ;D

Please don't stray of topic. if you want to you can make a Paul Anderson sucks thread and post that on it. Thank You.

I was never planning ton going completely off topic, I just felt like saying that.

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: Predboy on May 15, 2007, 08:29:11 PM
Quote from: aliensetta on May 14, 2007, 12:12:29 AM
Quote from: Predboy on May 11, 2007, 09:09:05 PM
Quote from: CelticWarrior on May 11, 2007, 09:05:29 PM
Anderson is so retarded

It really makes my day when I hear those words in that order. ;D

Please don't stray of topic. if you want to you can make a Paul Anderson sucks thread and post that on it. Thank You.

I was never planning ton going completely off topic, I just felt like saying that.

ok i forgive you.

Master Chief

Master Chief

they remind me of the dragon fly nymph, you know with the hinged lower jaw extended for prey underwater.  Thats a bug  ;D

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Oh yes, definitely ^_^.  I'm pretty sure that they actually took their inspiration from a number of insects.  Like how some wasps will inject their eggs into caterpillars so that the babies grow up within the host and kill it as they eat their way out

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

I said it before, I dislike the term "Bugs" too, but I understand why people call them that.

Take Termites for example:

Queen Termite's Egg-sack looks like Alien Queen's

Queens have "Royal Chamber"

Weird resin on the walls

Tough Exoskeleton

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

You missed the part where some of the soldier termites can spray acid XD

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Oops!
Well...I can always claim that I was testing you.  ;) ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed